Sponsored

Is ExtremeTerrain.com legit?? Where do you shop?

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Man, I hate to say but I had a bad experience with Morris and I am in the same boat. Got what I needed (damaged, but not unusable) and when I contacted them to help make it right, nothing. Finally after hours on hold got in touch with a manager and "assured me" she'd take care of it. Sent my info....nothing. Tried to follow up.....nothing. I'll pay for great customer service, and would rather do so knowing the cheaper option would have that kind of experience. Shit happens. Cannot be avoided. I just want someone to help me when I need it.
Very similar experience. It was terrible. I received a broken winch and spent hours on the phone and over email trying to get it replaced. Every time I contacted them they blamed Rugged Ridge. This easily went on for 2-3 months. Finally I called RR and got in touch with someone in about 30 seconds. Explained what happened, no questions asked, they sent me a replacement winch. They apologized and said was really something Morris should have taken care of. He said I was one of many horror stories he has heard and simply replacing it immediately was the right thing to do. I will absolutely purchase from RR directly next time. I should have added them to the good list I buy from. Morris never did follow up like they said.

My other story with them is I ordered a bumper and changed my mind. You have to call them to cancel their order. Hours later, they answer. I explained I ordered this bumper the day before and wanted to change it to a different model. Ok, no problem. They said the bumper I ordered won’t shipped for another week (even though they advertised the bumper in stock with next day shipping) so there’s plenty of time to cancel and order the one I wanted. About a week later, the one I wanted arrived and then the following week the original one I ordered arrived. I’m like WTH, so I call them and they tried to charge me $80 for shipping to return it. I had to fight for them to pay for it. It wasn’t my fault. Morris is a joke.
Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I say check Summit Racing before any other site. I know I always do.

Those folks have some of the best customer service that I’ve encountered across ALL products, not just vehicles. I once ordered on a holiday weekend when they were closed, then had to change it the same day, and they still reached out to me to confirm that the order was changed and processed THAT DAY.

Refunds are prompt, returns are easy, and the reps are knowledgeable of the products.

Edit: I want to add that they kept me very updated of an order I made during the whole Texas winter storm fiasco. They even refunded me without request for the priority shipping I paid for because it was one day late.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/year/2021/make/jeep/model/gladiator

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone gotten anything from CJ Offroad?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have used them a couple of times and would say it is a mixed bag.

Ordered wheel and was given a 2 day ship estimate before ordering since I was pretty close to their PA location to only find out after ordering the wheel would ship from their Nevada warehouse and take an extra week to get to me.

Another order was for a set of LED headlights that I was less than impressed with. Doing the return was a pain with them as I was basically told it had to returned in pretty much 100% new packaging or it would be rejected.

I have also used Extreme Terrain and Quadratec and they are OK. Only snivel with them is not having real time stock control and finding out after the fact something went out of stock or the item is a drop ship from the vendor.

Northridge 4x4 is about the best in my opinion. Decent inventory control and realistic shipping times.

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Northridge gets my vote. Just placed another order last night.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Dang that's a good reminder, thank you. YEARS ago I bought a Hurst shifter for my little Ranger from them, good shop. Then bought some steel wheels, AR 767's as I recall, then other stuff. Hadn't thought of them for Jeeps, should have!

I say check Summit Racing before any other site. I know I always do.

Those folks have some of the best customer service that I’ve encountered across ALL products, not just vehicles. I once ordered on a holiday weekend when they were closed, then had to change it the same day, and they still reached out to me to confirm that the order was changed and processed THAT DAY.

Refunds are prompt, returns are easy, and the reps are knowledgeable of the products.

Edit: I want to add that they kept me very updated of an order I made during the whole Texas winter storm fiasco. They even refunded me without request for the priority shipping I paid for because it was one day late.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/year/2021/make/jeep/model/gladiator

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
So Quadratrec sells things they don't have, charges up front for them, won't cancel an order (customer service? Wha?), but at least they can do a return. Whatever they have I want, so does someone else.

ExtremeTerrain is OK in my book, they also have a Mustang shop I bought stuff for my nephew on. Bought a lot of YJ stuff there, which they don't ignore like some smaller shops. Got a really decent rear bumper / tire mount, for example - gotta buy Chinese stuff somewhere.

Northridge 4x4 - sometimes even better than buying from the vendor, they STOCK items
AllMoparParts - factory quality is a thing, dammit, and Benny's team is great

In person, 4WheelParts can be a very useful store and their prices are aggressive. Picking up a Smittybilt winch reminded me of that.

Otherwise, I really like buying directly from the small specialty shops that support our Jeeps, and it's a good reminder distribution & resellers exist to smooth out the supply and demand curve.

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
In summary, everyone has had different experiences, good and bad, everywhere.

I've used Quadratec several dozen times over the years. They give me an automatic discount and I've never had a problem that their CS didn't quickly/pleasantly fix. I've had a few returns and those were really easy with no fuss.

I've also used XT and 4WP for one-offs and didn't have any problems.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
Outside local shops, rugged ridge, quadratrec, and wheel parts have all been good to me. Plus Amazon...

Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I have bought a few items from Extreme Terrain. Never had a problem.

Over the years with this Jeep and Previous Jeeps I have bought from:
Northridge 4x4
AllMoparParts
Savvy Offroad
Quadratech
Amazon
Maximus-3
Cooltech llc for flat tow wiring kit and CB mount.
Rusty's Offroad
Never had a problem with any parts except for Rusty's many years ago: 3" lift with 8 adjustable control arms for a 2004 TJ. The springs sagged, the control arm Flex Joints were junk and fell apart. The rubber bushings on the other end of the arms started disintegrating after just a year. Rusty's was no help. They did send out new bushings and joint re-build kit, but I had to pay for it. Lame!
I ended up replacing the whole lift with a Savvy/Currie. That was an awesome lift. Still miss that Jeep.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
CJ Offroad is a newer extension of CJ Pony Parts which sells parts for classic Ford Mustangs. I have an old Mustang and I won't order parts from CJ. I'm not aware of them actually stocking anything. Everything is a drop shop. Inevitably, when you order something from CJ, only after they have your money will you get an email stating, "This item is on Back Order". And you never know when you're going to get it. CJ sometimes has some good prices. So, if you don't mind waiting, you can save a few bucks there.

CJ Pony and CJ Offroad do have some very nice instructional videos on their web site. I typically watch these videos then order from someone else.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I’ve only bought from 4 Wheel Parts in a local shop. It was a fine experience, but it’s not going to be my go-to. I’ve bought a couple times from Quadratec without issue. Billie Bars and JCR both have good customer service and quality products, though lead times can be long. I’ve bought a number of things from Amazon and get the typical Amazon service and shipping.

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2014 WK2 Hemi Overland, 2006 LJ
Occupation
Land Manager
+1 more for Northridge because of their inventory transparency, communication and fast, cheap shipping.

I’ve been going to eBay during the pandemic if Northridge doesn’t have it. I alway email the seller and ask point blank if they have the part in their warehouse, ready to ship. If they have it, I usually get a quick response and Buy It Now.

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve only bought from 4 Wheel Parts in a local shop. It was a fine experience, but it’s not going to be my go-to. I’ve bought a couple times from Quadratec without issue. Billie Bars and JCR both have good customer service and quality products, though lead times can be long. I’ve bought a number of things from Amazon and get the typical Amazon service and shipping.
JCR definitely has good customer service and have never had a problem with them.

I ordered my full bed rack along with molle panels. They sent the wrong bolts for the rack and next day'd the new ones to me.
Sponsored