Sponsored

Is there a way to see that regen is happening with Alphaobd2?

kb5zcr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Diesel Rubi Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Howdy all,
I have a scangauge2 and have it so that I can see the soot level and if a regen is happening (on/off indicator).
The other day my soot level was coming up on 70% so I connected my Alphaobd and decided to try and do the "manual regen" function on the Alphaobd.

This worked great, I activated the option to start a regen during the next driving cycle on the alphaobd app, turned off the key, opened and closed the drivers door, and started the engine and got up on the highway. Over the next 15 min or so my soot level reading on the alpha app went from 72% down to 8%.
Since I had the Bluetooth module plugged into my bypass cable, the scangauge was out of the system and not working during this time.

Here is my question for any alphaobd experts.
I see the soot level gauge along with the other gauges in the alphaobd, but I don't see any way to actually see if a regen is happening other than the change in the soot level.
Is there a way to actually see if a regen is actively happening using alphaobd?

Thanks, Tim
Sponsored

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Egt is one way I would see an active regen on my Duramax. I also have a innova scan tool and one of the parameters tells me whether it is active, passive or inactive.

DarthAWM

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Oilfield Service
Egt is one way I would see an active regen on my Duramax. I also have a innova scan tool and one of the parameters tells me whether it is active, passive or inactive.
I know on my 2019 Duramax you would take a significant hit to fuel economy during regen

OP
OP

kb5zcr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Diesel Rubi Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
My scangauge2 has a gauge that will tell me when a regen is happening, but I can't find that on the alphaobd.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
Banks iDash will display regen status along with about 134 other parameters.
Gregj
Jeep Gladiator Is there a way to see that regen is happening with Alphaobd2? IMG_8023

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
I didn't see anything on Alphaobd that comes right out and say active regen. It does have your particulate filter egt temp. You could use that as your indication. Once you see the normal temp, activate a regen. At that point you will see a normal regen temp.
Sponsored