Sponsored

Is there some kind of 'rivalry' with Tacoma owners??

CG32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow
Occupation
Audio visual production sales
Me to yota drivers, and apparently to some on this thread, hold my beer…
90F38716-9302-41F9-8732-FD9FDEC8E48D.jpeg
Awesome truck! Love the looks and don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t apply to all ram drivers. I wold still love a nice rebel or TRX as a second vehicle. And I agree there’s azzhats in every group for sure. Hell, we’ve even seen it between JL and JT owners. :)

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Well as a person that drives many types of equipment for a living, I can attest that there is no one specific vehicle brand that is worse than the other. The comments from some on this forum “could” be construed as falling into that category of aggressive or reactionary too.
When encountering less than courteous drivers (tailgaters, inconsiderate, whatever), it’s best to ignore. No eye contact, no hand gesturing, no short braking, nothing. Your reaction is what they want, why feed the fire? If I reacted to every dumb driving incident everyday,
I would be falling into the same level of ignorance and have high blood pressure. Want to get a reaction? Show a sign of courtesy, let someone in when they signal for a lane change.
Read my signature, it makes more sense than you might believe.

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have had almost every kind of vehicle. A cool ride is a cool ride. I give thumbs up to Tacoma’s all the time. Usually recieve a confused look in return. It’s not a competition. People drive what they want for different reasons. The only type of truck I haven’t owned is a dodge. I rode in a Trx on a course and the driver took it over some jumps. Pretty amazing vehicle. But also $100k. I never understood the rivalry thing when it comes to vehicles. You can be a douche in jeep just as easy as a Tacoma, or any other vehicle. An asshole in a Tacoma would be an asshole in a jeep too. It’s just a truck. I think we can be a little deeper than hating on someone for their truck choice. Very simple minded. Except for Honda Ridgeline drivers, screw those guys.

Sponsored

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
I have a good friend who is a Tacoma guy. He loves to hate on my Gladiator. I never hate on his Tacoma. It’s a nice truck. I’m just a straight axle kind of guy that’s all.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
car rivalry people regardless of what they drive are idiots. it's a fucking vehicle. who cares what other people buy? even the bronco threads here are cringe-worthy.
Amen to that brother. It’s hard to believe these are full grown adults. It’s like listening to a bunch of high school kids argue about who has the better team…

Last edited:

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
One of my favorite sayings:

"The world is NOT full of assholes. They're just arranged so you encounter one everyday"

But seriously, I refuse to become negative and a cynic in my older years. SO many people do it and it's awful. Why even be alive if all you're going to think is negative cynical thoughts? Unlike others, as I've grown older I have MORE empathy for other people, not less. Life isn't black and white and never was. If you think it is you have a closed mind, which is to say you just don't think.....you assign categories.

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Competition between two off-road champs. Tacoma lives on age-old reliability and Jeep has a solid front and rear axle.

https://yourjeepguide.com/learning/wrangler-vs-tacoma/

https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shopping-guides/2021-jeep-gladiator-vs-toyota-tacoma-comparison
Isnt the SFA and SRA the reason why Jeeps are more reliable in terms of those parts that IFS.... I know with my Duramax I was always worried about my front CV shafts everytime they cracked and groaned. They never let me down, but I got a Powerstroke after that truck anyway

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
No you just got unlucky, lol.

ChrisK

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Dad
Vehicle Showcase
I have had the exact opposite reaction. I’ve been waived to by a couple of Taco drivers in Rochester area. One guy is local, after he waived he parked near me at a store and we chit chatted about both of our trucks. Pretty cool dude and his rig is pretty well set up.

ChrisK

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Dad
Vehicle Showcase
And dang, I still wished I went with the Diesel. Love my rig but…

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
I have a Tacoma, Jku and now my JT. As a longer time Tacoma owner I have actually always been really courteous to jeep owners as I see us all the same. It sucks though when I'm in my taco I still wave to Jeep guys but without response. Cracks me up.
But like another guy said. Bad drivers aren't vehicle specific.
Sponsored