Sponsored

Is there some kind of 'rivalry' with Tacoma owners??

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ram2500 drivers are the most likely drivers to have a former DUI conviction out of any other model of car on the road.
Wow! Ram owners always seem to get stuck and need me to pull them out. Two notes here and another one I pulled out at the beach but didn’t have my cell to video or photo !
Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Never experienced and I don’t understand it. Has friends with Tacos. I see the Tacoma as a worthy rival. Definitely worthy of respect for their capability. A legit 4x4 truck, available with a manual transmission. Two things I like. However, Tacos are not for me - nothing against them or the people that drive them. Tacos just seem soulless and designed by people that design toasters and microwaves. Life is too short to drive a boring appliance. OlllllllO

#JTRSPARTACUS

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Personally, BMW drivers are the worst. Having owned a V8 4Runner for 18 years (This truck could move quick), never noticed the modded Taco Turds as an issue until I traded in my 4Runner for a Mojave. Definitely notice aggressive driving toward me from some of them.
I have an x5 that I drive once a week and sometimes on road trips. Just got back from Yellowstone in it. I’m typically an asshole once a week and on road-trips. Thing is this. That car has globs of power. It will hit ridiculous speeds in no time at all. In the Gladiator I’m more relaxed and can stop to smell the flowers. In the X5 I like to see the white lines blur. If the Gladiator had a Hellcat engine everyone would be talking about those “asshole” Gladiator owners. BMW and Prius owners have always been some of the worst behaved drivers. One wants you out of the left lane and the other is blocking it trying to hyper-mile.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I love the TRX, if I could afford one, I would have one along with the JT.

Awesome truck! Love the looks and don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t apply to all ram drivers. I wold still love a nice rebel or TRX as a second vehicle. And I agree there’s azzhats in every group for sure. Hell, we’ve even seen it between JL and JT owners. :)

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
High School girl's drama ain't got shit on grown men on vehicle forums arguing about who is the bigger cunt driving whatever other brand/model.

Sponsored

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Sounds like they were jelly and/or mad about something (especially jealousy for the guy that said that's his jeep wave). I wouldn't have thought about that for Taco owners in general, my experience if anything has been Ram drivers and crossover NPC's.

I'm trying to get better at not letting them drag me down to their level.

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
He's probably just jealous. Toyota objectively makes the worst truck in the segment in every conceivable category. Reliability is a myth and everything else you can rate trucks on the Toyota is dead last. Screw those fan boys. I wish I had a $5 bill for every time I've wheeled my Jeeps with my buddy in his Tacoma all weekend and then had to tow him home on a trailer with the same Jeep after he broke.
While I do agree, vehicle reliability is not measured in the "off-roading" domain.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
When I joined a Jeep club there were some pointed remarks about the JT not being a "real" Jeep.
Asshats be asshats.
Every significant change in the lineup brings the old guard out with a snivel and quivering lip.

c4a.gif

Sponsored

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but why were you in the middle lane if the interstate was empty? Might be why, you should have been in the right lane, it's seriously annoying when people drive slow in the middle lane.

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
As a ex Toyota taco owner I can definitely agree some of my people in our group(most of em)were just jeep racist in a way but it was just hate for jeeps and I don't know why dude,they'd get jealous of what jeeps could do and just had too much pride and acted like they were superior

cause my 3rd gen taco was pretty bad cause it was a turtle man,friggin 2 and 3 wheeling on tiny little rocks dude, and I was like damn.....so long story short hated having a Tacoma,hated the hatred that most of the Yota guys had towards jeeps and other capable rigs that aren't jeeps,just didn't like it at all
I know some of the guys weren't bad but damn man part of the good just fades away with those dickhead Yota guys,some actually had some pretty bad ass old-school rigs and we're pretty chill and fun to hang out with and I also learned a couple things too :D

But yeah guys that's just my 2 cents and they are free :D

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but why were you in the middle lane if the interstate was empty? Might be why, you should have been in the right lane, it's seriously annoying when people drive slow in the middle lane.
I was taught that if there are 3 lanes, the right lane is for entering and exiting, the center for cruising, and the left for passing,.

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
Hey all, have had 2 aggressive experiences with Toyota Tacomas over the last couple weeks. First one, I'm just cruising in the middle lane on the highway and this Tacoma comes flying up behind me in the middle lane riding my ass for a minute or so - and I mean close - then quickly goes into left passing lane and flies around me at about 90 mph. Highway was empty at the time. Then yesterday I was sitting in traffic coming up to a traffic circle and another Tacoma keeps lurching forward behind me inches from my bumper then on the other side of the circle there is an on-ramp to the highway and this guy flies around me over the white lines and goes up to easily 90 or more through the on-ramp cutting me off and onto highway. Maybe just a coincidence with 2 asshole Tacoma owners? Never had an experience like this in my JL. Maybe they see that I have a diesel and want to race? Who knows...
Mt 2 cents.
I think this is more about your geographic location and the population. Most likely several others in any brand of vehicle drive the same with same attitude. Kinda the same here in more populated parts.

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I've taken to noticing that when some driver pisses me off, it's almost always either a toyota or a chivolay. There does indeed seem to be certain types that buy those things.
Sponsored