Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Jeep YJ
Occupation
Adventure Education Programs Director
HI folks!

I'm finally in the market for a new/used gladiator. I've done nothing but purchase used cars historically and I'm now in a spot where I could purchase a new vehicle. I'd much rather buy used but I'm having a hard time finding a used gladiator on the market for what I'm looking for.

I live out here on a remote property in Colorado. I'm an avid mountaineer, canyoneer, backpacker, etc. and do that professionally as an outdoor program director. I spend lots of time on the highway and almost as much time driving fire roads and forest service roads. I currently drive an '88 Jeep YJ and have gone through quite a few trucks in the last ten years, all being full size. I took my old 2001 dodge ram 1500 up things it probably shouldn't have gone up. I drive things like Medano Pass out here but don't ever do any technical rock crawling, aside from the occasional trailhead access in Utah. As much as I'd like a Rubicon I just don't see spending an extra ~$10k on something that's built a little more for crawling. It seems like a base level sport suits my needs. If I found a great deal on a Rubicon I might reconsider.

So here's what I've found -
https://www.lustinedodgejeep.net/auto/new-2020-jeep-gladiator-sport-4x4-woodbridge-va/45134835/

I like the base level sport with the hand crank windows/manual locks and a hard top with the max tow.

Their quote is -

Asking Price$40,040.00
Discount$5,852.00
Selling Price$34,188.00
DOC FEE$799.00
ELEC FILING$10.00
ELECTRIC TAX$10.00
FREIGHT$1,495.00
LICENSE$57.50
TEMP TAG$3.00
TITLE$15.00
Total Taxes$2,548.27
Total Amount Due$39,125.7

Is this a good deal? The $800 doc fee is higher than I'd like. I'd honestly like to get into a sport for under $32,000, but most folks who have reported pricing seem to be going to for the Sport S+ models. Any help with numbers, negotiating, etc. is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I would venture to guess you could buy that JT for $1,500 less than the above numbers. I hate when dealers discount off the MSRP and then add back in freight. In you case about 3.7% of the MSRP.

FYI, my last JKU had manual locks and window cranks. It was not my dd so it was ok. As a dd the manual locks and windows would be a pita IMO

Last edited:

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic