So is this a good deal Rubicon Gladiator with most of everything?

1. xpcdoojk

xpcdoojk Active Member

First Name:
    JC
    Vehicle(s):
    Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
    Liked:
    So, the build that I want is MSRP of $58895 and will sell it for $53881 ordered from the factory. Is that a reasonably good price. I sent the build to several other close by dealers and they were all a couple of thousand more.

JC

2. PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Jeep Gladiator Sport S Sing-Grey
    Liked:
    Better deal I got on my Sport percentage off MSRP wise. That is 8.5% off MSRP, and if I remember correctly 5% off MSRP is about invoice, 10% off MSRP is employee pricing.

3. OP
    OP
    xpcdoojk

xpcdoojk Active Member

First Name:
    JC
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Thanks. So, apparently, the probably absolute best price would be another 1-1/2% off? Or about 800$

JC

4. PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Jeep Gladiator Sport S Sing-Grey
    Liked:
    If it were me I'd get it in writing and run. Assuming you are buying a brand new car and not these Gladiators showing up with thousands of miles and just a couple grand under MSRP

5. Gobi Wan K

Gobi Wan K Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Gobi Gladiator
    Liked:
    Roller Coaster Tester
    That isn't a bad price. Some of it depends on your area. What other fees are there? Do you have to pay for any "options" like paint or upholstery protection, or wheel locks?
    I got mine at just about 11.5% off MSRP. My dealer did charge an $899 doc fee. Yes that is a bit excessive but the other dealer I was going to go with charged $300 and was going to be 1% less discount so it really worked out about the same not having to travel.
    Your deal looks to be about 8.5% off MSRP so maybe 2 to 3% ish under invoice.
    Again, it just depends on what other fees there may be. If you don't have to travel or pay to have it shipped to you than you can figure those costs in as well to see where the numbers add up. But in the end, many people have paid a lot more for theirs so if you are happy that is what matters.

6. SandSurfer

SandSurfer Well-Known Member

First Name:
    George
    Vehicle(s):
    Gone but not forgotten 2013 JKU, Hydro Blue 2020 Gladiator Rubicon, DOB 11/22/19
    Liked:
    My MSRP was $56895, my negotiated, in writing deal was for $50930. Ordered 10/14 hope to get it before Thanksgiving!

PyrPatriot likes this.
  7. Capt. B

Capt. B Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brian Willemsse
    Vehicle(s):
    2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2008 Jeep Wrangler 4DR
    Liked:
    Mine was right at 9% below MSRP.

8. GreenMonster

GreenMonster Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Shawn
    Vehicle(s):
    Indian Spingfield
    Liked:
    Musician, Producer
    Sticker on mine was $57,605. I'm paying $49,945 plus taxes tags and title (and the dealers $599 fee). This includes the 1% discount through Tread Lightly.

9. OP
    OP
    xpcdoojk

xpcdoojk Active Member

First Name:
    JC
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    That is the full price for mine, it will be a new build and not a car on the lot. The dealer, I have dealt with before, is legitimate. It was up to $3000 less than some of the other local dealers. I am in SW Missouri. There are probably a dozen Jeep dealers within a 1 hour drive.

Thanks!

JC

10. George D.

George D. Active Member

First Name:
    George
    Vehicle(s):
    2013 Mercedes E Class, 1969 Corvette, 2002 HD FXDL, 2002 HD VRSCA, 2002 HD XL, 2002 Buell M2, 1999 HD MT500, 1997 HD FLSTS, XL,
    Liked:
    I JUST PURCHASED A LAUNCH EDITION FOR $55,945. IT WAS ONE OF 4190!!!

11. Donkey Fluffer

Donkey Fluffer Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU and 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
    Liked:
    Sticker = $58,690
    Deal + $599 Dealer fee = $53,514

I'm happy with my deal

12. RIPLER

RIPLER Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Nissan Pathfinder, 2015 Jeep Renegade
    Liked:
    If you got a good deal depends on other factors because dealerships can play games with other parts of the deal. What other fees are they adding? Are you trading in a vehicle?

When I bought mine back in May only 1 dealer in my are would sell below MSRP. I called so many dealers who weren't willing to make a deal I was losing hope.

The dealership gave sold me the Gladiator for 1% under MSRP and wouldn't budge off that. I had a trade-in that KBB said was worth 31,000 trade in and that's what they initially offered. After I worked them over for a few hours on a Friday and the last day of the month I got 35,500 for my trade. Did they make up that difference in discounting the Gladiator or did they actually give me more for my trade? Didn't matter to me in the end I felt like I got a good deal.

13. Novaice

Novaice Member

First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle(s):
    2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Mountain Edition
    Liked:
    Join Tread Lightly Affliate Program - 1% under invoice. than find the closest dealer that would accept that.

14. Reasons

Reasons Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT RUBICON
    Liked:
    Enabler
    Question for the group. Bare bones Rubicon with the only options being: Automatic, Trailer Tow package, and Black 3 piece hardtop for $48,585. Dealership will not budge from selling to me for $46,500 out the door (inclusive of Destination charge, taxes and dealership fee of $820). Is this a good deal? Doing the math, it comes out to be about 4% below invoice for a Rubicon on the lot.

I walked out because I was adamant for 5% below invoice. I want to remain strong but... it is only $500 more than what I was willing to pay when I walked in the dealership. Should I do it? Rubicon has been on the lot for about a month.

Bdoza10 likes this.
  15. Gobi Wan K

Gobi Wan K Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Gobi Gladiator
    Liked:
    Roller Coaster Tester
    First question, is it what you want? I mean color, options, etc. That makes a difference as far as if the deal is worth it to you.
    Second, yes, from what I have seen 4% under invoice for a truck on the dealer lot is a pretty good deal. I'm not sure you will do better without ordering. there are more costs and considerations involved for a dealer on an in stock vehicle vs an order.
    And yes, $820 for a dealer fee sucks but mine was $899 so I feel ya.
    The way I see it, if you can be all in for a couple grand under sticker it can't be too bad of a deal.

Reasons likes this.