Sponsored

So is this a good deal Rubicon Gladiator with most of everything?

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
First question, is it what you want? I mean color, options, etc. That makes a difference as far as if the deal is worth it to you.
Second, yes, from what I have seen 4% under invoice for a truck on the dealer lot is a pretty good deal. I'm not sure you will do better without ordering. there are more costs and considerations involved for a dealer on an in stock vehicle vs an order.
And yes, $820 for a dealer fee sucks but mine was $899 so I feel ya.
The way I see it, if you can be all in for a couple grand under sticker it can't be too bad of a deal.
It has all of the options I care for minus the Auxiliary Switch Bank. I can purchase it for $275 shipped now... but watching videos of the install has me nervous. Dealership did say they would "Flash" the Uconnect for me for free.

If it is still on the lot on Monday I think I will get it.
Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
It has all of the options I care for minus the Auxiliary Switch Bank. I can purchase it for $275 shipped now... but watching videos of the install has me nervous. Dealership did say they would "Flash" the Uconnect for me for free.

Yea, the switches can be added. Not sure if the add on ones are different as far as the wiring options go. Depends on your level of ability as to how hard it will be. A lot of these things that look hard really are not if you take your time and get some good instruction.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

Have dealer include install in the deal.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enabler
Have dealer include install in the deal.
They won't do it for free. I was quoted $500+ in labor and they will not budge. I walked out. I haven't heard from the dealership yet so I think they are serious and will not go any lower.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
It's getting close to the end of the month. They may come around. Offer to split the install price.

Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enabler
It's getting close to the end of the month. They may come around. Offer to split the install price.
End of the month? I didnt think about that. Good call. I've waited this long on purchasing a Gladiator I can wait another week. If the Gladiator I want is still on the lot then it was meant to be.

OP
OP
xpcdoojk

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
I placed the order last night for my Gobi Rubicon JT at about a 9% off MSRP. MSRP was just south of 60K. Yikes. We drove a Rubicon version Saturday, and I was surprised the dash was Grey. When did that become an option?

Can’t wait until it shows up.

JC

turd fergusen

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 granite chrystal Gladiator rubicon 6spd
red dash with black leather and grey dash with lighter colored interior

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
Question for the group. Bare bones Rubicon with the only options being: Automatic, Trailer Tow package, and Black 3 piece hardtop for $48,585. Dealership will not budge from selling to me for $46,500 out the door (inclusive of Destination charge, taxes and dealership fee of $820). Is this a good deal? Doing the math, it comes out to be about 4% below invoice for a Rubicon on the lot.

I walked out because I was adamant for 5% below invoice. I want to remain strong but... it is only $500 more than what I was willing to pay when I walked in the dealership. Should I do it? Rubicon has been on the lot for about a month.
You can find dealers that will give you the 5% plus another 1% under INVOICE not MSRP...its worth the drive and even a hotel for the amount you are saving. Travis in NC and Koons in Vienna, VA I was able to order, get an exact price even estimated trade in before I left my house.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enabler
You can find dealers that will give you the 5% plus another 1% under INVOICE not MSRP...its worth the drive and even a hotel for the amount you are saving. Travis in NC and Koons in Vienna, VA I was able to order, get an exact price even estimated trade in before I left my house.
I know about Travis. If I was not in a hurry for a vehicle I would have ordered but... I needed a replacement vehicle ASAP. I went ahead and picked up the Rubicon. The only option not on it was the AUX Switches. Which, I really wanted from the factory but I found another solution... cheaper solution. I'm going to use my Homelink buttons for my accessories. Also, I have an agreement with the dealership I bought from. They will flash my Uconnect for free if I installed the MOPAR Aux switches myself. So I have that as a backup plan.

Everything worked out at the end.

Sponsored

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
They won't do it for free. I was quoted $500+ in labor and they will not budge. I walked out. I haven't heard from the dealership yet so I think they are serious and will not go any lower.
Once you walk, don't go back.

Dealers and their senior sales guys are like coyotes. They can sense weakness and just to reel you back in they'll pitch some throw-away lines which they won't back up in writing.

They're subtle beasts.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enabler
Once you walk, don't go back.

Dealers and their senior sales guys are like coyotes. They can sense weakness and just to reel you back in they'll pitch some throw-away lines which they won't back up in writing.

They're subtle beasts.
Lol. So true. I folded though. I waited a whole week and they never got back to me. The Gladiator was still on the lot when I called them back a week later and made the deal for the agreed upon price. $46,500 out the door. Sales price came out to be $44,300. MSRP was $48,585.

I understand dealers need to make some profit. I am happy. I got the Gladiator I wanted (minus the AUX switch box) for 4.5% below invoice. That's pretty good for a Gladiator on the lot. We needed a replacement vehicle fast so this was truly the best deal I could find for the Gladiator optioned the way I wanted within 150 miles radius of me.

I do have in writing they will flash my Uconnect for free if I install the AUX switches. I'm actually going a cheaper route. I will use my Homelink buttons on the visor to control my exterior lights. There is a write up in the DIY tutorial section on how to do it. And a lot cheaper too.

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol. So true. I folded though. I waited a whole week and they never got back to me. The Gladiator was still on the lot when I called them back a week later and made the deal for the agreed upon price. $46,500 out the door. Sales price came out to be $44,300. MSRP was $48,585.

I understand dealers need to make some profit. I am happy. I got the Gladiator I wanted (minus the AUX switch box) for 4.5% below invoice. That's pretty good for a Gladiator on the lot. We needed a replacement vehicle fast so this was truly the best deal I could find for the Gladiator optioned the way I wanted within 150 miles radius of me.

I do have in writing they will flash my Uconnect for free if I install the AUX switches. I'm actually going a cheaper route. I will use my Homelink buttons on the visor to control my exterior lights. There is a write up in the DIY tutorial section on how to do it. And a lot cheaper too.
$46,500 OTD is a great price for a loaded Rubi.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
$48585 is not a loaded Rubi, $58585 would be though! :)

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$48585 is not a loaded Rubi, $58585 would be though! :)
So, my Rubi build might qualify as being 'semi-loaded.'

Roughly, what ballpark figure would you considered to be getting a 'great deal' on such? ... $49K? $52K?
Sponsored