Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
7600 miles. Not sure how "Issues" might be defined. I do have the manual transmission, so there is the upcoming recall. Other than that, it's a Jeep and does funny Jeep things. My JK has 276,000 miles and has had at least a dozen "issues" that essentially fixed themselves. Like the engine used to stop running, the wipers would wipe, the horn would honk and I would be rolling to a stop because the engine wasn't turning. But after doing that for about five or six years, haven't had an incident in the past 100,000 miles. So, it fixed itself. Then there was the stereo that stopped working for six months, then started again. That was about seven years ago, and not a problem since. That's just several of many examples.

The JT has had similar "issues". For example, the right mirror blind spot indicator stopped working for a few days. I even got a report about that from uConnect. But, it fixed itself and seems to be working great. And sometimes when I start the Jeep, the volume of the radio isn't as full as it should be. I turn it off then on, and it pops into full sound. But only does that sometimes. And then one day I was driving along a road with a 45 MPH speed limit and the speedometer said I was doing 55. I scrolled through to the speedo on the central part of the display, and it said I was doing 45 (after a half century of driving, I have a pretty good sense for speed without looking at the gauge). Two gauges, two different readings. I noticed when I stopped at the bank, that the main speedometer was setting at ten when I turned off the Jeep. Drove to my next destination and the difference was only five MPH. Then, after that stop, both speedometers read the same. And haven't had a problem since. That was probably 5000 miles ago. Maybe I beat it into submission with some of my off-highway adventures. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to my JK. ;-)

Wrong thread guys. Issue free
Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Wrong thread guys. Issue free
You interpreted my post wrong. If those aren't issues, then my JT is issue free. OP wasn't clear what he meant, "issue free". I figured I'd let him decide.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You interpreted my post wrong. If those aren't issues, then my JT is issue free. OP wasn't clear what he meant, "issue free". I figured I'd let him decide.
I was just seeing all the negativity and thought this thread would give a different tilt for prospective buyers to see both sides of the equation and not to be used for a rant about your dealer you did not know when to walk out or the steering problem you may or may not have. There are plenty of other threads on this forum for that discussion. End of my rant, see your confusion on the subject

Last edited:

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Only problem I’ve had is that I haven’t been able to order yet.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon with manual transmission and over 6K miles. I have done 2 oil changes by myself. I have done some significant 4 wheeling in dirt, mud, sand, and some rocks. No issues yet. My pressure plate is on the recall list.

I wait for the off-road pages once in a while, and I do not really like the way the heater works, but, seriously, we are loving this truck, and I have not taken it back to the dealer for any reason yet.

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Other than a couple very minor things, like parts not quite being snapped into place at the factory, I have over 13,000 mile, and one oil change under my belt with no issues. The one part was the cover on the driver side grab bar, and the manager had decided to just order me a whole new assembly when they couldn't get the part snapped in, but just then the repair guy finally got it to snap in. So I thought their response was great, he was ready after just a few minutes, to replace the whole thing, because as he said, it is a brand new Jeep and needs to be right.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Love my freaming SG JTR, only issue is how much gas it takes.