Issue with remote start, anyone else?

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
So with my remote start, the defroster and heated seats / steering wheel come on automatically when the Jeep thinks its below 40 degrees outside. My problem has been that the Jeep doesn't seem to be reading a live temperature when I am using remote start most of the time. For example, I parked outside over night last night and when I remote started my Jeep, the automatic stuff did not come on. It was 27 degrees outside so it should have, however, when I get in the Jeep it is reading 45 degrees. It worked its way down to 27 degrees after a few minutes but it didn't help with the automatic offerings at time of start and warm up. Anyone else have this issue? Is this even something that can be fixed or is this just the way it is?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Phishs

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
No one else having this issue?

RalphTuttle

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
This is typical for every car that has an outside temperature gauge. It doesn't read instantaneous temperature - but integrates the temperature over several minutes. So, if you park your Gladiator when it is 42 degrees and the temperature drops to 25 degrees overnight, then it will initially tell you it is 42 degrees when you start it up. But, over the next few minutes it will drop until it reads the actual (25 degree) temperature. I don't know any way of changing this....

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I have seen the issue you describe but only if I park it and then restart it in a few hours, if overnight and below 40 it reads the correct temp and has the seat and steering wheel heater on.

OP
OP
Phishs

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
This is typical for every car that has an outside temperature gauge. It doesn't read instantaneous temperature - but integrates the temperature over several minutes. So, if you park your Gladiator when it is 42 degrees and the temperature drops to 25 degrees overnight, then it will initially tell you it is 42 degrees when you start it up. But, over the next few minutes it will drop until it reads the actual (25 degree) temperature. I don't know any way of changing this....
Gotcha. I was hoping it was just normal so I didn't have to make a trip to the dealer. This is my first vehicle with an outside temp gauge and a remote start.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Yeah, agreed, and that brings up my question for the OP. How long is it taking for the temp to update? It should update after a few minutes (like you said).

OP
OP
Phishs

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
I have seen the issue you describe but only if I park it and then restart it in a few hours, if overnight and below 40 it reads the correct temp and has the seat and steering wheel heater on.
This was the first time I parked it overnight outside. It is strange because when I parked it, it was around 30 degrees. However, when I got to work and left 3 hours later, it read it right and started the heated seats, etc.

OP
OP
Phishs

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Yeah, agreed, and that brings up my question for the OP. How long is it taking for the temp to update? It should update after a few minutes (like you said).
Yes, it just takes a couple of mins to update to current temp. It was just unexpected because when I parked it around 10pm it was around 30 degrees but when I started it around 9am it read 45 degrees even though it was actually around 27.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Yes, it just takes a couple of mins to update to current temp. It was just unexpected because when I parked it around 10pm it was around 30 degrees but when I started it around 9am it read 45 degrees even though it was actually around 27.
Ok. As long as it’s only taking a few minutes you’re solid. Luckily, my seats and steering wheel heat up fast so I’ve never had them not on and toasty after I’ve let it run for several minutes before I get inside.
Sponsored