Sponsored

It’s true ...a tire shortage ..what 37” Toyo are you running?

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
In process of accumulating the parts and pieces for next build. Apparently 37” tire manufacturing has been affected and my 2 go tos are not available for possibly 2-3 months 😳😳

1. Nitro Ridge Grapler and possibly 2. Cooper STT Pro are in same boat. My option right now to fit build time is the Toyo RT 13.5.

Who‘s running and what feedback do you have.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
AZCooWhip

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Dan, thanks for the info. How often do you run your Toyos off road? Impressions. Also, another kink is that there may only be a 13.50 versus 12.5 available at this time.

It appears that I may be able to get my hands on a 12.5 Cooper STT ....reviews seem to be decent. Trying to not be too picky with daily road noise and decent off road capability.

Tires. Who would have thought.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Dan, thanks for the info. How often do you run your Toyos off road? Impressions. Also, another kink is that there may only be a 13.50 versus 12.5 available at this time.

It appears that I may be able to get my hands on a 12.5 Cooper STT ....reviews seem to be decent. Trying to not be too picky with daily road noise and decent off road capability.

Tires. Who would have thought.
Mavis quoted me $1230 out the door for a set of 37 12.5 17 Cooper SST pros on Friday. Said they could have them next day from their warehouse.

OP
OP
AZCooWhip

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Any good, bad or ugly on going 13.5 vs 12.5 ?

On my former HPDE cars, wider was not always better.

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I see the reason, those are great looking tires. To the OP’s point, I tried to outfit a second set of rims with some Michelin highway tires just for Interstate driving and they aren’t available in my size in the foreseeable future. Very off-topic: Went with Pirelli Scorpian TAs that are much more domesticated for the highway.

Still really like my stock Falken MT tires. I’ll keep those Toyos in mind when the MTs are bald.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I am running Goodyear Kevlar MTRs 37x12.5x17 with method 703 rims. Discount Tire/Americas tire balanced them. So far, I have about 800 miles on this setup and they run super smooth, even at 85 mph. I am running them at 29 lbs of air. Off-road they have also been fantastic. Here are some pics.

Jeep Gladiator It’s true ...a tire shortage ..what 37” Toyo are you running? fAja8Q

Jeep Gladiator It’s true ...a tire shortage ..what 37” Toyo are you running? BLRiZ

Goodyear with Patagonia
8hqg3n.jpg

Jeeping Schnauzers

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiater
Occupation
Self Employed
You can't go Wrong with Nitto or Toyo, I run Toyo Open Country RT tires 37 / 12.50-17 They Look Great and There Perfect Offroad, Come out to Quartzsite I'll let you Run my Jeep with the RT's

OP
OP
AZCooWhip

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Excellent feedback form all. Thanks for posting.
Sponsored