First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Need some help. So I had the Jeep 6 months, never made this beep. After I put lift on it and did snap cal calibration it started. I have removed the snap cal and still get beeps. I also had Jeep flashed at dealership. No one has any idea what it is. It happens with Jeep on,off, mornings, nights, rain, no rain, lights on, lights off, radio on, radio off you name it I have tried to get to what causes it. It is completely random, it may go days and doesn't do it. When it happens it usually beeps 5 times, then 1, then maybe 3 beeps. So it may beep 5 times, 10 seconds later 3 then maybe 20 seconds later 1 then nothing again for days. Or maybe just 3 beeps and nothing more. I have just unlocked and open my door and it does it. It's coming from the left front speaker. Sounds just like a digital watch beep. This time I just happen to record it when it did the 3 beeps. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Look for a locator device somewhere under your Dash possibly? Only thing I can think of

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
It does not sound like it a jeep beep.
it sounds like some other type of device in which the battery is dying.

Rvalas

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction Project Manager
It does not sound like it a jeep beep.
it sounds like some other type of device in which the battery is dying.
Definitely sounds like a third party device, that's how I found the one under my dash, check the back of the OBD plug for a piggyback plug and follow it.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
O.P. Are you the original/only owner of this jeep?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeffWithaJeep

JeffWithaJeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
Occupation
IT
O.P. Are you the original/only owner of this jeep?
No, I got it at 6000 miles. Like I was saying, I owned it for 6 months and never made the beep. After I got the lift installed and they used the included snap cal to calibrate the speedo, it started. I removed the snap cal and beep continues. I even went to dealer and they did a flash, and still the beep continues. I will crawl under dash and look around. The place that installed the lift said they didn't do anything out of the normal installation.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
No, I got it at 6000 miles. Like I was saying, I owned it for 6 months and never made the beep. After I got the lift installed and they used the included snap cal to calibrate the speedo, it started. I removed the snap cal and beep continues. I even went to dealer and they did a flash, and still the beep continues. I will crawl under dash and look around. The place that installed the lift said they didn't do anything out of the normal installation.
My hypothesis - it's a tracker like @Wkyfiregladdy originally suggested. When they used the snap cal they unplugged it (accidentally or otherwise) and now it is slowly dying. This is why plugging or unplugging the snap cal has no effect - there is probably a loose harness hangin around down there by where the snap cal connects it that leads directly to the culprit.

If it continues and nothing else works, I wonder what would happen if you disconnect power/signal to that speaker. Like does it just seem like it's coming from it or not, ya know?

JoeInOh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Model 3 & 2022 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/paramedic
Odd, I hear a strange vibration sound coming from under my wife's car seat. But I'm afraid to look.

Sponsored

GreyGhost

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Retired
E.T. phone home......beep beeep beeeeeep........

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
I’m thinking tracker as well. But I’m thinking Apple AirTag. I recently watched a piece on YouTube about AirTags as veh trackers. Similar sound. Could be a low battery warning - maybe? If it is one it might have been put under the speaker grill or under the A-pillar trim piece. They’re not too big. Original dealer or reseller may be using them instead of a subscription based GPS tracker. Or, the previous owner “misplaced” one in the truck.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Beep 161FF0F6-CC28-4142-9D5F-BDE019736264

OP
OP
JeffWithaJeep

JeffWithaJeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Well I finally found it after reading over the responses. So one day it randomly beeps as I am sitting stopped. So I opened the door, jumped out and put my head under the dash. It beeps again, I begin to look at the back side of the OBC, and I start pulling on a long cable that goes behind the side foot panel, and wammo, I pull out what is in the pics. A GeoTracker!! So I bought the Jeep used with 6000 miles. No beeps until 6 months after that I put the lift on it. This Jeep must have been a rental before I got. I am thinking, the tracker was turned off with who ever owned it when it was sold. But then I put the lift on it, used the SnapCal device to calibrate speedo which plugs into the OBC. I am thinking the Snapcal somehow messed with the deactivated tracker and caused the random beeps. Which when I look at GEO tracker site, the beeps I was hearing are listed, but have no real meaning in my situation. Thanks for the posts and now I can get my sanity back.

IMG_2101.jpeg

IMG_2102.jpeg

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
With such low miles, I doubt it was a rental.

Dealers will install them on lease vehicles. They also will install them as an overpriced up sale.
Sponsored