First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I'm thinking that to do this, Jeep would have to go from solid axles to both front and rear independent suspensions. Already do IFS/IRS in the Grand Cherokee et.al. but to do IRS would totally change things in the Wrangler/Gladiator world...and not for the better IMHO.
Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Serious question .....how many “multi-point” turns does one make in a years time?

Maybe just me, but I’m in camp of more simplistic stuff because there is less to break.

This stuff looks cool in marketing fluff pieces, but goes unused very quickly im betting in most real world use outside of the occasional “hold my beer moments”.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Serious question .....how many “multi-point” turns does one make in a years time?
Well, Saturday I used it a couple of times on tight turns in the woods. Like the Rubicon owners argue, it is better to have the lockers and not need them then to need them and not have them. Also one reason I'm installing a winch, maybe I'll only use it a couple times a year, but it will be handful when I do need to use it.

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
I'm thinking that to do this, Jeep would have to go from solid axles to both front and rear independent suspensions. Already do IFS/IRS in the Grand Cherokee et.al. but to do IRS would totally change things in the Wrangler/Gladiator world...and not for the better IMHO.
Back in my Army days we had the M151 vehicles - independent suspension all the way around. They are extremely difficult to find in the surplus market because they were deemed to be too unstable on the roads.

We also had our M274 Mules - 4-wheel steering capable and a fun vehicle to drive. The 2 years I was driving them we never had to activate the 4-wheel steering.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
If we get electric motors on each wheel, can one side go forward and one go backward?

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
If we get electric motors on each wheel, can one side go forward and one go backward?
Sounds like the next Tazer modification.
Sponsored