Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition Announced - Preorder on April 4 Only

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I really hope Monday we hear that the color palette is expanded - so that sting gray is an option for the Launch Edition.
Sponsored

Reactions: JP1

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
Yup. Same for me. My rubi was going to come to maybe $57 or 58. The only option I was going to avoid was the advanced safety group.
Yeah while I was at the dealer i test drove a nice loaded rubi wrangler jl... the ride was very nice (this was my first time driving a wrangler and i was pleasantly surprised). I'm only that much more excited for the gladiator now.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
I hope that someone from the forum wins the $100k!! I bet there's a chance of it because I would be shocked if they got 500 or more orders for just one day. :fingerscrossed:

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Our first choice was dark grey but I guess that isn’t an option I didn’t want another black truck again shows scratch’s too much but I guess that means I am just going to have to wrap it when it arrives

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I hope that someone from the forum wins the $100k!! I bet there's a chance of it because I would be shocked if they got 500 or more orders for just one day. :fingerscrossed:
We are going to submit a video we are doing our 50 state trip. It would allow us to spend more time in each state with hopefully some of your showing us around!

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hate that we have two open threads talking about the exact same thing, but oh well, I'll post this here:

"Anything that's optional on the Gladiator Rubicon will come standard on the Launch Edition, including the new forward-facing TrailCam camera and the max trailer tow package that enables a 7,000-pound tow rating."
Source: https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/30/jeep-gladiator-launch-edition-bb6j239/

"The Gladiator Launch Edition starts as a Gladiator Rubicon and then goes nuts with the options. It’s a fully loaded truck with all available bells and whistles, from premium audio to driver aids to the TrailCam camera to spray-in bedliner. If it’s offered on a Rubicon, it’s here."
Source: https://autoweek.com/article/car-ne...-limited-edition-62310-jeep-gladiator-april-4

"The launch edition will cost $60,815, which Jeep execs say is about the same as a loaded Rubicon."
Source: https://www.freep.com/story/money/c.../30/jeep-gladiator-launch-edition/3314147002/

But this seems to be a dissenting opinion:
"The Launch Edition is priced at $60,815 – over $17,000 more than a similarly equipped Rubicon and nearly double the price of the entry-level Sport."
Source: https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/30/jeep-gladiator-launch-edition-bb6j239/

Ugh, I don't like this one:
"On April 4, better known as 4Ă—4 Day, Jeep will sell up to 4,190 Launch Edition Gladiators through its website. The Launch Edition will be a full-spec Gladiator Rubicon with special badging. It will carry a $60,815 sticker price, but we expect many dealers to mark them up a bit when completing the sale. Expect these trucks to ship in May."
Source: https://gearjunkie.com/2020-jeep-gladiator-drive-review
I posted this in another thread, but may be useful for some following this one.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I posted this in another thread, but may be useful for some following this one.
OK, maybe my math is way off, but something doesn't add up. (I'm sure there will be more info Monday that may help fill in the blanks):

From these articles (https://www.slashgear.com/2020-jeep...ity-epa-fuel-economy-launch-edition-29571474/ & https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...Ca0Ky1tjdRaALOsOy9y93s8j1eoOkZL5dxk47hKUkgt7M), Launch Edition will be $60,815 MSRP. This seems to indicate that the automatic transmission is an option (i.e. not included in that price), though it does mention 7k towing which would require the automatic transmission.

This notes it is a "loaded" Rubicon, but doesn't list several options (no tonneau cover, no cold weather package, no brake controller, no Bluetooth speaker, no aux switch group, no steel bumper, no dual top group, no hard top headliner, no all weather floor mats,...)

JT Rubicon: $43,545
ALX9 Black Leather Seats: $1495 (JL price)
HT3 Body Colored Hard Top: $2195 (JL price)
MM3 Body Colored Fenders: $495 (JL price)
AD6 LED head & tail lights: $995 (JL price)
AEK 8.4"/Audio: $1595 (JL price)
GXD Keyless Entry: $495 (JL price)
XNY TrailCam: $595
AJ1 Active Safety (park assist, blind spot): $895 (JL price)
ALP Advanced Safety (adaptive cruise, brake assist, collision warning): $795 (JL price)
CMD Trail Rail Management System: $895
XNF Spray-in Bed Liner: $250
ABR Trailer Tow: $250

That adds up to $54,495. Even if you include destination ($1495) and auto transmission ($2000), that's still only $57,990.

Where's the other $2,825? Maybe wheels (JL upgrade wheels are $995) or dash? Other options included that aren't listed? Or just sticking it to people for the "honor" of being a "launch" customer...

If you throw in every option (even those not listed), short of the dual top group, maybe it does add up.

Unless things add up, it's looking like I'll wait to do a custom order with a truly loaded Rubicon in Gobi.

Last edited:

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I totally agree. I think it's just journalists trying to be concise, and maybe not being as detailed as we might expect. The autoblog article does say "anything that is optional on the rubicon will come standard on the launch edition" - that's sort of how I've understood it. I'm hoping that's the case.

For comparison, I used the spreadsheet @RTDNECO posted here and I'm getting roughly $63,620 for a fully loaded rubicon.

If the Launch Edition is not actually a fully loaded Rubicon, then it's not worth the cost for sure. I would also just do a custom order and get my Sting Gray!

However, If it is a fully loaded Rubicon, then it is a slamin' deal.

2019-03-30_20-12-22.png

Last edited:

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
IF it's not FULLY loaded, I'll wait for my Diesel.
We'll know more Monday, I hope...

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Yes, I totally agree. I think it's just journalists trying to be concise, and maybe not being as detailed as we might expect. The autoblog article does say "anything that is optional on the rubicon will come standard on the launch edition" - that's sort of how I've understood it. I'm hoping that's the case.

For comparison, I used the spreadsheet @RTDNECO posted here and I'm getting roughly $63,620 for a fully loaded rubicon.
2019-03-30_20-12-22.png
Yeah, I'm in the same ballpark with my spreadsheet. If you look at MSRP before destination, that's basically the price they are advertising.

I sort of think the hard top should be less than the JL (less material behind the rear seat), but also assuming JL pricing for now. And they may up-charge for the wheels. Was looking at the dual top, but probably can pick up a soft top later.

I'm also assuming/hoping that when Jeep turns the order over to the local dealer, the dealers will honor the same pricing/discounts (I've sent and e-mail to Kent @ Peterson to confirm, but he may not know anything until the dealer conference call Monday). I'm not paying $61k MSRP for this, but would jump at 7% under invoice. I may start the process Thursday and see what pricing I end up with before committing.

Reactions: JP1

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I'm in the same ballpark with my spreadsheet. If you look at MSRP before destination, that's basically the price they are advertising.

I sort of think the hard top should be less than the JL (less material behind the rear seat), but also assuming JL pricing for now. And they may up-charge for the wheels. Was looking at the dual top, but probably can pick up a soft top later.

I'm also assuming/hoping that when Jeep turns the order over to the local dealer, the dealers will honor the same pricing/discounts (I've sent and e-mail to Kent @ Peterson to confirm, but he may not know anything until the dealer conference call Monday). I'm not paying $61k MSRP for this, but would jump at 7% under invoice. I may start the process Thursday and see what pricing I end up with before committing.
I am thinking the same.

@Travis@TriCityJeep any thoughts on this? Will the 5-7% below invoice be honored for the Launch Edition?

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've sent and e-mail to Kent @ Peterson to confirm, but he may not know anything until the dealer conference call Monday
I emailed Travis at Tri City also. I too imagine that they should know by Monday if that will be possible.

Hopefully. I do agree, that would make it a no-brainer. If it really is FULLY optioned and we can get 5-7%

George D.

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 1969 Corvette, 2002 HD FXDL, 2002 HD VRSCA, 2002 HD XL, 2002 Buell M2, 1999 HD MT500, 1997 HD FLSTS, XL,
OK, maybe my math is way off, but something doesn't add up. (I'm sure there will be more info Monday that may help fill in the blanks):

From these articles (https://www.slashgear.com/2020-jeep...ity-epa-fuel-economy-launch-edition-29571474/ & https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...Ca0Ky1tjdRaALOsOy9y93s8j1eoOkZL5dxk47hKUkgt7M), Launch Edition will be $60,815 MSRP. This seems to indicate that the automatic transmission is an option (i.e. not included in that price), though it does mention 7k towing which would require the automatic transmission.

This notes it is a "loaded" Rubicon, but doesn't list several options (no tonneau cover, no cold weather package, no brake controller, no Bluetooth speaker, no aux switch group, no steel bumper, no dual top group, no hard top headliner, no all weather floor mats,...)

JT Rubicon: $43,545
ALX9 Black Leather Seats: $1495 (JL price)
HT3 Body Colored Hard Top: $2195 (JL price)
MM3 Body Colored Fenders: $495 (JL price)
AD6 LED head & tail lights: $995 (JL price)
AEK 8.4"/Audio: $1595 (JL price)
GXD Keyless Entry: $495 (JL price)
XNY TrailCam: $595
AJ1 Active Safety (park assist, blind spot): $895 (JL price)
ALP Advanced Safety (adaptive cruise, brake assist, collision warning): $795 (JL price)
CMD Trail Rail Management System: $895
XNF Spray-in Bed Liner: $250
ABR Trailer Tow: $250
I do not want painted hard top and fenders consequently this offer is a show stopper even if I was interested.
That adds up to $54,495. Even if you include destination ($1495) and auto transmission ($2000), that's still only $57,990.

Where's the other $2,825? Maybe wheels (JL upgrade wheels are $995) or dash? Other options included that aren't listed? Or just sticking it to people for the "honor" of being a "launch" customer...

If you throw in every option (even those not listed), short of the dual top group, maybe it does add up.

Unless things add up, it's looking like I'll wait to do a custom order with a truly loaded Rubicon in Gobi.
Sponsored