Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
  • Banned
Q3 sales were a little over 16,000 units, moving the JT up the list and into 4th place.

I'm shocked at Ranger sales...you never ever see those on the road. I think I've seen maybe 4-6 of them since they went on sale 10 months ago.

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/10/ba...gladiator-are-gaining-ground-q3-sales-report/

Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Colorado, and Nissan Frontier sales are down in a significant way in the most recent September report. Ford Ranger and Jeep Gladiator are gaining some ground on competition, while the Honda Ridgeline and GMC Canyon see declines as well.

Jeep Gladiator Sales Stats.png

*several Q3 percentages are unavailable because Toyota, Nissan, and Honda are not reporting on quarterly basis. We will add this soon.

Once again, the Toyota Tacoma is at the top of the sales heap. However, Tacoma sales in September 2019 are down -17.7% compared to September of last year.

The Chevy Colorado is losing ground in Q3 2019 by -9.5%. Increased competition, and the aging truck could be to blame here. It’s currently unclear whether the UAW factory worker strike is also to blame for decreased sales.

The Ford Ranger appears to be picking up sales momentum. It’s averaging 8,737 truck sold over the last three months.

The Jeep Gladiator cannot match the Ranger sales, but it’s still doing relatively well at an average 5,377 trucks sold per month in the last quarter. The Gladiator is a higher priced lifestyle truck, and the demand appears to still be there.

The aging Nissan Frontier had a bad month in September. It’s losing some sales ground for the year at -8.2%, but the overall sales volume of the Frontier is very close and right behind the new Ford Ranger.

The Honda Ridgeline sales declined slightly in September, but it’s holding its ground overall with a small improvement in sales for the year at 3.6%.

GMC Canyon sales have decreased further in Q3. It is now in the last sales position for the quarter, although it still sold more trucks than the Honda Ridgeline Year-To-Date.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
The Ford people are just as brand loyal as the rest. My dad was still using his '05 Ranger until the new one came out. The Tacoma is going to be hard to dethrone as the king until the Gladiator has proven itself to be a surefire pickup you can depend on as long as a Tacoma. But I think it's pretty neat it's not as common. Definitely not part of the cookie cutter midsized pickup crowd.

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
I can see the Gladiator taking over the Ranger but I just don't see it taking over Tacoma and Colorado. Toyota Tacoma is known for it's reliability and currently holds the best resale value in its class. They will be #1 for awhile. The Colorado is gaining popularity and with it's very attractive price point. Plus they're upping the ZR2 Bison production so I can see their numbers only going up. Not sure what makes the Ranger #3 to me it's "meh" but yeah they got the loyal brand followings. The Gladiator imo is still considered a niche so the market is smaller and the priciest of all. As a Gladiator owner, it's The #1 in my books.

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I can see the Gladiator taking over the Ranger but I just don't see it taking over Tacoma and Colorado. Toyota Tacoma is known for it's reliability and currently holds the best resale value in its class. They will be #1 for awhile. The Colorado is gaining popularity and with it's very attractive price point. Plus they're upping the ZR2 Bison production so I can see their numbers only going up. Not sure what makes the Ranger #3 to me it's "meh" but yeah they got the loyal brand followings. The Gladiator imo is still considered a niche so the market is smaller and the priciest of all. As a Gladiator owner, it's The #1 in my books.

I don't think I can see Jeep over taking the Toyota, Chevy, or Ford. Those all have a 2 door 2 wheel drive version and Jeep lacks that. So as far as units sold Jeep will almost certainly be less than the others.

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
I don't think I can see Jeep over taking the Toyota, Chevy, or Ford. Those all have a 2 door 2 wheel drive version and Jeep lacks that. So as far as units sold Jeep will almost certainly be less than the others.
Yeah I don't disagree. Especially a new gen ranger is coming out soon can definitely pull away sales from other pickups.

Sponsored

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The Fords and Chevys have the commercial and municipal markets on their side as well. I don't think we will see many city, county or commercial entities sporting around in a Gladiator.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Dealers adding mark ups also does not help Gladiator sales.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Taking it out of the ass of Nissan and Chevy and Tacoma...given Tacoma's YOY 177% decline.

Be nice if they din't use a reverse picture of a Rubicon tho.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Owning a Jeep is a state of mind, either you get it or you don’t. Brand loyalty is very strong. I grew up in a Ford household. My first car was a VW, freaked my Dad out that I did not buy a Ford.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
The Gladiator is still in the soft open mode. Sales will pick up bigly once the full lineup is available.

Sponsored

Airmousam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
The Gladiator is still in the soft open mode. Sales will pick up bigly once the full lineup is available.
Hmmm, ya think?...they've been all over the lots here for months....its pricing that's holding it back imo....if they dropped it down anywhere near Colorado and Taco pricing they'd be moving

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Hmmm, ya think?...they've been all over the lots here for months....its pricing that's holding it back imo....if they dropped it down anywhere near Colorado and Taco pricing they'd be moving
I think its the lack of a camper top, Bestop trail cover and a low priced aluminum stubby bumper with a low winch plate that will take the factory fogs.;)

I would like to see the price drop a bit but I don't see it happening. I think once non jeep people start seeing Gladiators on the street they will start wanting on. I have at least 3 people a week ask me about my truck. They have no idea the the Gladiator exists.

Oh and then they ask me about a camper top option :CWL:

Airmousam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
I think its the lack of a camper top, Bestop trail cover and a low priced aluminum stubby bumper with a low winch plate that will take the factory fogs.;)

I would like to see the price drop a bit but I don't see it happening. I think once non jeep people start seeing Gladiators on the street they will start wanting on. I have at least 3 people a week ask me about my truck. They have no idea the the Gladiator exists.

Oh and then they ask me about a camper top option :CWL:
I agree on the peices not dropping much and I'm a non jeep person that wants a sting Rubi badly!:)

Pazzo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Taco still sold more than 2x any other manufacturer