Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Training available to sales team!

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Which comment was this directed towards? Sounded like a cellphone navigation vs in dash navigation?
Just to point out - your phone cell service is used to download the maps the flashing blue dot (iphones) is powered by GPS. So if you have maps downloaded than you phone will still know where you are even when you don’t have cell servoce.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Just to point out - your phone cell service is used to download the maps the flashing blue dot (iphones) is powered by GPS. So if you have maps downloaded than you phone will still know where you are even when you don’t have cell servoce.
F iPhone..... ... Jk

I still like the idea of nav built into the dash so I can play candy crush on my phone with the top down on my JT! #baller-shot-caller

well-well-arent-you-a-baller-shot-caller.jpg

Jacobaic

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland GCM
Went to a dealer today to look at a couple of JL’s and check out the difference between the 7” & 8.4” radios to help decide which I would order on the JT. Trying to decide if the 8.4” is worth the extra money since I’ll use the iPhone Maps with apple CarPlay but if the other features like off-road pages is worth it, I might go with the 8.4”. Salesman pointed to the 5” radio in the base Jeep on the floor and said “they all work exactly the same just different size screens”. Told them they’re definitely not the same. He said “yes they are”. I left and will be going elsewhere.
It's unfortunate how little these sales people know. I stopped in a local Jeep dealership on a Sunday and majority of the sales force is standing around or half asleep at their desk. Apparently no time for training. Asked them similar questions about the functionality of the Uconnect system differences between 7" and 8.4" and it was the same response. Had I not run into a young guy that I forced to get me in a JL with both sizes I would have gotten nowhere. Someday I'll retire and sell Jeeps....there is a real opportunity for knowledgable car sales people.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
F iPhone..... ... Jk

I still like the idea of nav built into the dash so I can play candy crush on my phone with the top down on my JT! #baller-shot-caller

well-well-arent-you-a-baller-shot-caller.jpg
I'm not ballin' or shot-callin'
I take it back to the days of yes-y'allin'
I'm holdin' on to what's golden

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Please remember your cell phone is as good as the Cell towers distance to you. The 8.4 is satellite driven and gets a signal most everywhere.
I know we off road a lot in Colorado and depending on which side of the mountain you are on there may not be s signal.
True. I use maps on the phone running around town. Have an appointment... it’s in my calendar, tap the address and Siri tells me where to go (another woman telling me where to go ) to get there the quickest. If I’m out in the woods... I wanna get lost!!:like:

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I don't mind giving a uneducated salesman my cash as long as it is 6-8% under invoice.
:like: . . . was gonna reply to your 'repiy-ee' but thought to kill 2 birds w/1 stone ! I agree with your assessment as long as I could "get over" the sales-attitude of the idiot in question !? Option 2 - excuse oneself and go talk to another salesperson; being sure the 1st is now aware you are -- :dance: the whole time, ha ! If the sales-Manager comes over and expresses "company policy" prevents them allowing such a change "mid stream" - THEN, is when I say nothing and politely leave the showroom get in my vehicle and calmly depart for dealer #2. This experience has actually happened to/of me, minus the :dance: . . . I'd just embarrass myself :) .

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
It's unfortunate how little these sales people know. I stopped in a local Jeep dealership on a Sunday and majority of the sales force is standing around or half asleep at their desk. Apparently no time for training. Asked them similar questions about the functionality of the Uconnect system differences between 7" and 8.4" and it was the same response. Had I not run into a young guy that I forced to get me in a JL with both sizes I would have gotten nowhere. Someday I'll retire and sell Jeeps....there is a real opportunity for knowledgable car sales people.
You found a JL with BOTH screens installed ? Quality Control laps for sure . . . :LOL: :CWL: :clap:
Sponsored