Sponsored

Jeep Market Research Team

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
You mean one touch up and one touch down? I wish they did this, how much more ciuld that switch cost? I'll pay $30 for that feature.
I believe its a safety thing... kids in the back seat and dad hits the auto-up button and smashes the kids hand. Haven't you ever fallen asleep in the back seat with the window cracked and your fingers in the wind... then your knee hits the button and you wake up with squished fingers?
Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I believe its a safety thing... kids in the back seat and dad hits the auto-up button and smashes the kids hand. Haven't you ever fallen asleep in the back seat with the window cracked and your fingers in the wind... then your knee hits the button and you wake up with squished fingers?
Tons of other cars do auto up - they just stop if there’s an obstruction. We Americans need to get over our snowflake / litigation nature and just build things that make sense.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Tons of other cars do auto up - they just stop if there’s an obstruction. We Americans need to get over our snowflake / litigation nature and just build things that make sense.
I've had several cars with auto up drivers only. I want auto up down on both front. I don't care if I pinch my wife's fingers.

TANK21

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Then just do the front. I have seen people mod them but would rather have done at factory

Sponsored

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
Too bad this forum doesn't allow you to like responses multiple time. I agree with you 100% drogers!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
In answer to the sheet of plywood question, Lowes sales it's plywood in 2'x2' sheets. problem solved!:punch:take that
but then you have to glue the ply back together. That's about as dumb as having a notch cut out of ever 4x8 sheet cuz of the fuel filler bulge.:movember:

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
You mean one touch up and one touch down? I wish they did this, how much more ciuld that switch cost? I'll pay $30 for that feature.
It's not the switch that's expensive. The window motor has to be able to sense when there's an obstruction when it's on it's way up (like toddler fingers) and automatically stop so it doesn't crush them. Whereas currently, you hear the screams and take your finger off the button. It's kinda like the photoelectric eyes on your electric garage door opener.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Once I found out I get leather seats and max tow on sport, I am sold. I think the bed plug is only on S, so that is where I was coming from. If you could just get the bed plug without wiring the whole vehicle, I'd get it on sport...

Where did you see that you could get leather on the sport trim?
On the configuration you can only get it on the Overland and Rubicon...

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Simple. Get your dealer to get it from Mopar as an accessory, not as a factory option.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250

Your dealer (or any one of many upholstery shops) can install custom Katzkin leather for often less than the cost of leather from the factory. Plus they can include seat heater & chillers!

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
Here's a deal for you.
I will buy a Sport in the same color, and we just swap doors at no cost to you.
This should be a thing. Rubicon buyers who want manual windows, mirrors and locks can find Sport buyers and swap everything between the two. Like a database to match people up by location and color.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link

Post#4 is where I mentioned leather seats on sport, so it must have been found on the since removed options matrix...

Unfortunately we had not yet discovered the importance of plywood so I doubt anyone checked for that option back in those days...

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ix-and-pricing-placeholders.9892/#post-176445
Sponsored