First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Video Production
Hey guys! thought I would post here, and get a discussion going!

We are 4 filmmakers that are complete noobs to off-roading.... but are taking a very ambitious journey to try and build out a jeep gladiator (sport) to Trail Hero 2023 this OCTOBER! We have no budget, no experience, and not a lot of time. But were filming every step of the way. So far we've learned a lot about the anatomy, how these things work, and are now looking to discuss products and find & develop offroad skills, which is why I jumped on this forum! This is an ongoing episodic series all about the Gladiator and acquiring offroad / overlanding skills around the offroading culture! Encourage you guys to take a look at our channel and give us some tips / tricks and feedback!!! Were releasing new episodes every Thursday

https://www.youtube.com/@MadLadTV
Sponsored

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
A good Utube posted last weekend by Far From the Ordinary .. He listed all the upgrades to his Mojave and the $$

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Nice video production nonetheless, but why don't you just come out and say hey subscribe to my channel? I mean really though.

I'm sure someone in the production team already has you guys set up to succeed with a nice build. Can guarantee you don't need us, even for input especially having no budget.

Last edited:

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'm sure someone in the production team already has you guys set up to succeed with a nice build.
@MadLadTV you've managed to get Sarge502 and I to agree about something, so it's gotta be true.

People value authenticity and transparency. If I'm reading Sarge right he seems to be implying you're trying to sell a "version of the truth" and frankly that's the vibe I get as well.

Your "4 bros doing it on a dime" story falls flat when reality smells like your professional crew and your sponsors are doing it all for you.

For what it's worth, there's a solid story in the truth. "I'm a newbie and paid people to make me look competent, here's the things I actually learned along the way" is a show still worth watching. And it appears more honest.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MadLadTV

MadLadTV

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Video Production
Rahkmalla, Your "4 bros doing it on a dime" story falls flat when reality smells like your professional crew and your sponsors are doing it all for you."

Yes, We have actually peaked interest in some sponsors... but at this point, this is 100% self-funded and maybe got some RC cars in the process lol....this is a passion project between all 4 of us, nobody has sent us a dime. yes we want sponsors, and yes we would love to get paid to do this, but our intent with this show is to grow personally, professionally and have a reason to get outside of our comfort zone as video creators.

"the grand tour" was a huge inspiration for us, and thought it was a fun blend of reality / scripted, educational and unscripted scenes, and overall fun approach to the automotive industry, we wanted to take a stab at doing something similar but with off-roading / jeeping since we went to trail hero and got really inspired by the content we captured & wanted to keep learning more and dive in head first.

So for us, this is honestly a creative outlet, a learning opportunity, and a chance to work with the brands that we actually want to work with, because the corporate film world can get very boring and monotonous as a video creator.

I hate that the messaging of the 'show' comes across that way, but might have to take it as a backhanded compliment because we've invested a lot of unpaid time and editing hours into it. lol

so maybe we can address this in our next episode, and we're actually heading to EJS Mon-Friday next week and would love to know if anyone of y'all is planning to be there were going purely to meet brands, and ask questions about products, tips, tricks, and next steps to get our jeep build up and running.

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
😂 I have a great idea, everyone tell me right now what it took you years of experience to learn and countless hours and dollars to achieve. That way I can be "adventurous" and make a film about it to show off to the world how smart I am and how much I know and tell people they should listen to me. It absolutely has nothing to do with making money, I promise. :clap:

Sponsored

OP
OP
MadLadTV

MadLadTV

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Video Production
@Hootbro Is it over edited? over shot? not technical enough? too cheesy? can you be specific? honestly this is good feedback & trying to find a balance... but at the end of the day we realize that our audience is really tailored to the beginner off-roader...just like ourselves and want people to learn through us and not get intimidated by the macho man jeep culture.

Silverator

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music
We are 4 filmmakers that are complete noobs to off-roading....
Good luck with your project!! If you need help with music go ahead and PM me - I'm a film/tv composer and a newbie to Gladiator land. More experienced off-road on 2 wheels, but learning on the Gladiator platform. Cheers, bp

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
@MadLadTV you've managed to get Sarge502 and I to agree about something, so it's gotta be true.

People value authenticity and transparency. If I'm reading Sarge right he seems to be implying you're trying to sell a "version of the truth" and frankly that's the vibe I get as well.

Your "4 bros doing it on a dime" story falls flat when reality smells like your professional crew and your sponsors are doing it all for you.

For what it's worth, there's a solid story in the truth. "I'm a newbie and paid people to make me look competent, here's the things I actually learned along the way" is a show still worth watching. And it appears more honest.
+1

Before I have to leave to yell at those d@mn kids to get off my lawn,
I do agree that this smacks a bit disingenuous. But it's GenZ.

@MadLadTV be more honest and forthright for sure. It comes off as fake and, whether it is or isn't, take that as the opportunity to change the appearance. I watch a lot of YouTube and I watch about 10 seconds of the ones that claim to be genuine but don't feel that way. I watched 10 seconds of your video...just sayin'

Last edited:

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
@Hootbro Is it over edited? over shot? not technical enough? too cheesy? can you be specific? honestly this is good feedback & trying to find a balance... but at the end of the day we realize that our audience is really tailored to the beginner off-roader...just like ourselves and want people to learn through us and not get intimidated by the macho man jeep culture.
I called it... "just like ourselves and want people to learn through us and not get intimidated by the macho man jeep culture." 🤯 Sincerely, go offroad and learn through what others have done, you want to create content on YouTube or wherever that has already been done by genuine people trying to help others in the community. If you had any idea what the community was actually about, before trying to 'teach' others, you would not likely call it "macho man jeep culture" I suggest you hit the abort mission button 🤪 plenty of people already help others get into the Jeep community, there is no gap for you to fill IMO. If you want to join the actual community, welcome, but please go learn for yourself prior to any of this nonsense.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I'll be your huckleberry.

First, you come off like a bunch of Frat Boys. Your first video, you were driving around in a side by side acting like everyone else that drives around in an SXS, which is a bit problematic for a lot of the Jeep community.

Jeepers (in large part) tend to really believe in No Trace Left Behind and minimizing our impact on the land because we know that the lands can be taken away (Closed to Motor Vehicle travel) when they are abused and torn up. If you look at the the Sand Hollow area, where you want to end up for Trail Hero, UPLA and others are constantly fighting against land closures, in large part due to the damage being done by SXS travel.

So when I say you come off like Frat boys, more succinctly stated, you come off as disrespectful of the Jeep culture, the land and what your presence on the trail can actually create, just like any other jackwad in an SXS, blaring his stereo, tearing up the trails and moving on after the 3 day weekend is over.

This may not be who you guys are, or your intent, but that's how you are being perceived...by me anyways. No thanks.

Change the way you portray yourself to the Jeep Community and you'll find lots of friends and help.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.