Jeep Production Plant Closing Due to Coronavirus

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
If your (any of you) news outlet is not making this clear, please try other news outlets....Extra points if you let them know they need to do more.

Without the right efforts, where we are/were heading is where Italy is - where they are doing triage and not giving or removing ventilators from older patience in order to give them to younger patients who are more likely to survive this - this, probably above all else, is something Americans are not ready for.

I work for Thermo Fisher Scientific and our directives have been about two weeks ahead of the governments.

I believe this administration is finally striking the right tone (other than the blame game) and hope it is not too late....
Agree. I use AP news and original sources these days.
Sponsored

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
If your (any of you) news outlet is not making this clear, please try other news outlets....Extra points if you let them know they need to do more.
I'm with you Scott.

It amazes me how many people get their information from one source. I have learned that few people have the capacity to question and verify information.

The number of people who do not understand epidemiology and statistics, and are sharing information and commentary is quite troublesome.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
That is not how you calculate a mortality rate when the majority of the confirmed cases are still active infections.
Also it doesn't show the whole picture. What are the age ranges of those deaths? What underlying conditions? How many of those 7000+ were young and healthy and STILL needed hospitalization?

At the very least it is and will be less than H1N1
"[F]rom April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010 approximately 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (8868-18,306) occurred in the United States due to pH1N1."
https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/estimates_2009_h1n1.htm

43mil (low estimate) for a year is WAY less than 7000 from the Kung Flu. Further more

"[A]dults 65 years of age or older were found to have rates of hospitalization and death that were up to 75% and 81%, respectively, lower than seasonal influenza...As of 10 April 2010, the age-based breakdown of pH1N1 hospitalizations at the EIP sites was: 0–17 years of age, 31%; 18–64 years of age, 59%; 65 years of age or older, 10%"
https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/52/suppl_1/S75/499147 (paper that CDC cites)

So not only were there more cases but the age of hospitalization was highest for those under 65!

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
Slate and the Daily Show are the staples of today's generation.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
I just spoke with a neighbor who works in a SE MI auto plant. He said his shift tonight is his plant's last shift until the end of the month. They will reassess the situation at that time. Meanwhile, they are not leaving any partial builds on the line. They are completing builds that were started & shipping completed builds to dealers. I assume the big 3 are proceeding in the same fashion. If so, that is GREAT news for me personally! Looks like I will get my JT by the end of the month. :clap:

Edit 3/20: Just got a text back from a FCA exec I know ... "We are working to ship all we can as quick as we can."

Edit 3/23: My JT arrived at Koons last Friday afternoon. I'm flying out to pick it up & drive it home tomorrow! (I've been 'sheltering at home', but I view getting my JT as essential. I'll then have mods to keep me busy in my garage for a few weeks!)

Last edited:

Sponsored

First Name
juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I got mine last July when they firts came out so I’m ok hopefully u guys get your soon

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I just spoke with a neighbor who works in a SE MI auto plant. He said his shift tonight is his plant's last shift until the end of the month. They will reassess the situation at that time. Meanwhile, they are not leaving any partial builds on the line. They are completing builds that were started & shipping completed builds to dealers. I assume the big 3 are proceeding in the same fashion. If so, that is GREAT news for me personally! Looks like I will get my JT by the end of the month. :clap:

Edit 3/20: Just got a text back from a FCA exec I know ... "We are working to ship all we can as quick as we can."

Edit 3/23: My JT arrived at Koons last Friday afternoon. I'm flying out to pick it up & drive it home tomorrow! (I've been 'sheltering at home', but I view getting my JT as essential. I'll then have mods to keep me busy in my garage for a few weeks!)
I guess the good news is, you got a bargin airfare. Be safe.

Kennzilla

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2008 Jeep Wrangler X
Keep in mind we will all be affected by this. UAW supplies workers to a lot of the parts facilities as well, so when stuff breaks and we can't get parts..
That's when you're "forced" to buy aftermarket! :)
Sponsored