Sponsored

Jeep Production Plant Closing Due to Coronavirus

JL-Engineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none. I just build them
For the safety of the workers, the plant has been shut down. We were told until April 2nd but nothing has been made official yet. I do apologize for the delay it may cost in the shipment of your new JT

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The entire world economy is collapsing before our eyes over the sniffles. It is an amazing time we live in. We will be lucky to get out of this without being dragged into a great depression.
Each day it creeps closer and closer to a world I have no interest in living in...

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
All to flatten a curve. China got through it, so can we

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
For the safety of the workers, the plant has been shut down. We were told until April 2nd but nothing has been made official yet. I do apologize for the delay it may cost in the shipment of your new JT
Oh man! My ordered JT was finished being built in the middle of last week, but my dealer said it hadn't shipped yet.

Do you know if vehicles already built & just waiting to be shipped were being shipped before the shut down? On a related note, are the guys who transport built vehicles to the dealerships part of the shut down?

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
not just sniffles.. wake up
WHO said 3.4% mortality rate. This number has been proven grossly inaccurate. The real numbers have been between 0.2% - 0.8%.

As of Wednesday morning 7,301 US confirmed cases 116 confirmed deaths that is a 1.6% mortality rate. With bought 86% of infections going undocumented because the infected had no signs or symptoms ( maybe the sniffles ).

Word wide 197,093 Confirmed cases 80,840 recoveries 7,905 deaths. The fake news has whipped this up into the worlds largest overrated panic. Destroying every economy that it touches.

Last edited:

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
All to flatten a curve. China got through it, so can we
Our hospitals can't handle the load is the issue if it peaks too quickly. Even the biggest hospitals in each city still don't have a ton of beds, and even fewer respirators. China has had people quarantined for 50+ days at this point in some cities, thats how they got a stop to it. Supplies to handle this for medical staff are already running low. 1% of any major city needing hospitalization is still enough to greatly exceed the hospital capacity for a major city.

Even with the limited number of people this effects it can still have some pretty major consequences for that limited percentage of people it will effect.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
WHO said 3.4% mortality rate. This number has been proven grossly inaccurate. The real numbers have been between 0.2% - 0.8%.

As of Wednesday morning US confirmed cases 7,301 116 confirmed deaths that is a 1.6% mortality rate. With bought 86% of infections going undocumented because the infected had no signs or symptoms ( maybe the sniffles ).

Word wide 197,093 Confirmed cases 80,840 recoveries 7,905 deaths. The fake news has whipped this up into the worlds largest overrated panic. Destroying every economy that it touches.
Or, the other fake news channel has been misreporting the truth. Let's take a look from a war footing since the big moron understood it that way. The truth is a minor ailment effecting all troops on the other side is just enough to disrupt the will to fight, or the capability to fight. That's enough to turn the tide. Similarly, this thing is just enough to destabilize society. For a long time. The only option is to take the pain upfront, short term, so we can get a handle on this thing, and keep a stable society. This has less to do with death, than America. And morons aren't helping. My opinions.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
The only option is to take the pain upfront, short term, so we can get a handle on this thing, and keep a stable society. This has less to do with death, than America. And morons aren't helping. My opinions.
The way I understand it, limiting social contact is all about reducing the death toll. The virus is likely to spread to about the same number of Americans either way. The difference is how many are affected at any one time.

- Doing life as usual will overload the health system to the point that more individuals will die due to lack of respirators. The virus would move through our country pretty rapidly with no limits on interaction. (The economy would be less affected, but there would be preventable deaths)

- Shutting things down keeps the infection rate slow enough for our medical facilities to keep up with respirator demand. This will save lives. Unfortunately, this isn't going to shorten the duration. It is going to extend it ... on purpose. (The economy will continue to be hit hard as a result.)

I agree with the plan that will save the most lives despite its effect on our livelihood. No one knows the specific degree to which we need to shut things down. Our best minds are weighing the information and making their best guess at what to do.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
The way I understand it, limiting social contact is all about reducing the death toll. The virus is likely to spread to about the same number of Americans either way. The difference is how many are affected at any one time.

- Doing life as usual will overload the health system to the point that more individuals will die due to lack of respirators. The virus would move through our country pretty rapidly with no limits on interaction. (The economy would be less affected, but there would be preventable deaths)

- Shutting things down keeps the infection rate slow enough for our medical facilities to keep up with respirator demand. This will save lives. Unfortunately, this isn't going to shorten the duration. It is going to extend it ... on purpose. (The economy will continue to be hit hard as a result.)

I agree with the plan that will save the most lives despite its effect on our livelihood. No one knows the specific degree to which we need to shut things down. Our best minds are weighing the information and making their best guess at what to do.
If they would say it the way you said it, we'd be talking about what a bummer it is to have a plant closure.

Scott_in_NH

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S picked up 1/21/20, 1974 Porsche 914, 2019 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe, 1978 Glastron-Carlson CVZ18, 1999 Ski-Doo MX Z 500, girlfriend drives 2008 Liberty. Past Jeeps: 90 XJ 2dr. 5-speed, 2000 XJ Limited 4dr. auto, Mom's 81 Grand Wagoneer
If they would say it the way you said it, we'd be talking about what a bummer it is to have a plant closure.
If your (any of you) news outlet is not making this clear, please try other news outlets....Extra points if you let them know they need to do more.

Without the right efforts, where we are/were heading is where Italy is - where they are doing triage and not giving or removing ventilators from older patience in order to give them to younger patients who are more likely to survive this - this, probably above all else, is something Americans are not ready for.

I work for Thermo Fisher Scientific and our directives have been about two weeks ahead of the governments.

I believe this administration is finally striking the right tone (other than the blame game) and hope it is not too late....

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
As of Wednesday morning 7,301 US confirmed cases 116 confirmed deaths that is a 1.6% mortality rate. With bought 86% of infections going undocumented because the infected had no signs or symptoms ( maybe the sniffles ).
That is not how you calculate a mortality rate when the majority of the confirmed cases are still active infections.
Sponsored