Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
As long as the cam tick doesn't start, there really isn't much I'm worried about having a major issue. ESS could be the other thing if I wasn't eliminating the aux battery.
Can you eliminate that aux battery? If so, are there any special procedures?
Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You still don't have your jeep?
Ordered 2/25, just "rail loaded". Now the train actually has to move. I hope to get it before winter!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Can you eliminate that aux battery? If so, are there any special procedures?
There are a lot of videos and posts about it, especially among the Wrangler forums and pages.
Frankly, though, I see it as a low risk and am not going to worry about it. There's always a way to get them started. Even when the aux battery died and took the crank battery with it, I could easily jump start my wife's Jeep.
Too often people lump all issues with similar symptoms together as the same exact cause, it's not always the case. 30 months, still starts and runs fine. We've had a number of Grand Cherokees with the same setup and only once did my wife have battery issues, and I jump started her Jeep using my Jeep.
I'd bet that if a person truly dug deeper than what is being said or shown out there, there's a bit more to some of the horror stories, and other ways things could have been running again. But you know youtube - Hey, I got it running, I'm an expert so I'll make a video to show how anyone can get theirs running because it's all the same.
There's some decent stuff out there, but too often the wrong people are the stars because they are entertaining, or people don't know any better. Some days, I wish YT would just disappear.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There are a lot of videos and posts about it, especially among the Wrangler forums and pages.
Frankly, though, I see it as a low risk and am not going to worry about it. There's always a way to get them started. Even when the aux battery died and took the crank battery with it, I could easily jump start my wife's Jeep.
Too often people lump all issues with similar symptoms together as the same exact cause, it's not always the case. 30 months, still starts and runs fine. We've had a number of Grand Cherokees with the same setup and only once did my wife have battery issues, and I jump started her Jeep using my Jeep.
I'd bet that if a person truly dug deeper than what is being said or shown out there, there's a bit more to some of the horror stories, and other ways things could have been running again. But you know youtube - Hey, I got it running, I'm an expert so I'll make a video to show how anyone can get theirs running because it's all the same.
There's some decent stuff out there, but too often the wrong people are the stars because they are entertaining, or people don't know any better. Some days, I wish YT would just disappear.
I always have a charged boost in my trucks anyway, so that solves that. Thanks.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Agreed, small chance of failure overall, but 0 is even smaller.

Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
We have had our share of jeeps. The wife loves them specifically for the versatility of taking off the top and doors in the summer. Very rarely does she go out in the dirt with hers. Mine on the other hand is a different story. I go wheelin every chance I get. Yea, after a time, there are some squeeks or groans but what vehicle doesnt that goes out on trails/rocks. I've noticed that there were less squeeks/rattles from the TJ's to the JK's to the JL's and JT's. The only issue we have had in the 8+ jeeps is an oil leak on a JK where the Oil filter housing goes into the engine block. Some of those so called reports are so full of S%^&*.
Sponsored