Sponsored

Jeep wave and 4 free oil changes... can you use last 2 year mark?

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Starting with the 2021's you'll have 3 years however you'll only have 3 oil changes and tire rotations instead of 4.
I wish I could convert mine over to that. Due to covid (mandated work from home for months) and a relatively rainy summer (stripped down and covered in rain) I just haven't put many miles on my JT. I don't even think I will hit 4k in my first year of ownership.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
On second oil change at 7 months. I will have used up 4 oil change in less than 2 years.:blush: I'll probably have 3rd at 1 year and be on #5 if not 6 at 2 year mark. :crying: but back to the question... You have 4 oil change and tire rotation with in 2 years of purchase, unless you have something set up different.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Will they rotate my 37s on aftermarket wheels?
Technically, they don't have to rotate anything that isn't OEM. The dealer I went to rotated rubicon takeoffs on my Sport S, no questions asked, so you might get lucky!

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Technically, they don't have to rotate anything that isn't OEM. The dealer I went to rotated rubicon takeoffs on my Sport S, no questions asked, so you might get lucky!
Just curious where your getting that info from, where does it state that. My dealer told me it doesn't matter how big the tires if you want them to rotate them they got to do it. They always ask me if I want them rotated.

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Just curious where your getting that info from, where does it state that. My dealer told me it doesn't matter how big the tires if you want them to rotate them they got to do it. They always ask me if I want them rotated.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep wave and 4 free oil changes... can you use last 2 year mark? Screenshot_20200920-182802

So this email alludes to getting "original equipment" care for your Jeep. But I'm mainly getting it from reading another thread out here somewhere on the forum. The member mentioned how the service tech wouldn't rotate his tires for free as part of the Jeep Wave because they weren't OEM. Maybe he just had a lazy service tech who was coming up for a reason not to lug around heavy tires? Or maybe this is a rule and most dealers don't care to enforce it? I don't really know, I was just trying to prepare people so they're not surprised if they hear that from a service tech

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Jeep wave and 4 free oil changes... can you use last 2 year mark? Screenshot_20200920-182802

So this email alludes to getting "original equipment" care for your Jeep. But I'm mainly getting it from reading another thread out here somewhere on the forum. The member mentioned how the service tech wouldn't rotate his tires for free as part of the Jeep Wave because they weren't OEM. Maybe he just had a lazy service tech who was coming up for a reason not to lug around heavy tires? Or maybe this is a rule and most dealers don't care to enforce it? I don't really know, I was just trying to prepare people so they're not surprised if they hear that from a service tech
Yeah that refers to wheels not tires, or that's what my dealership told me. He said tires don't matter

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Is there something special about the tires that everyone is doing tire rotations regularly? Back many decades ago it was recommended, but sometime around the 1980s or so "conventional wisdom" changed to recommend rotation only if unusual wear was detected. I honestly can't remember when was the last time I did a tire rotation on any of my vehicles, and I've never experienced premature wear .
That "conventional wisdom" was not wise. Tire rotations have always been good. The big thing was people resisted because of RADIALS. You were not supposed to change direction of rotation, so people got the idea to not rotate. And guess when this took place - the 1980s.
If the "conventional wisdom" as you say was to not rotate - it was dead wrong.
It's always been recommended - I worked in the industry, sold, changed, and repaired tires, did alignments and more. We usually recommended a rotation when we did alignments as well.

Nothing has changed about tires, something I hope has changed about people who get the idea rotations aren't needed - they aren't on the internet these days.

Tire wear varies, but generally drive tires wear more across the face and more evenly, and the right tires take more hits due to the pot holes and debris along the right side.

Funny - you say you have not experienced "premature tire wear" but how do you know they would not have gone LONGER had you rotated?
You can't say that.

I very seldom wear tires out, happens, but not often. Usually it's AGE that is the reason I change tires. 7 years and many shops won't touch them. My Chevy I actually rotated exactly as recommended and they still had wear left on them but were starting to crack between the treads!
I could say similar for the tires on my SX4 - they are old, not worn out.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer would they only thing that they wouldn't do was rotate 5 instead of 4 on my Wrangler
The owner manuals for Jeep say if you have 5 matching wheels and tires, they recommended 5 tire rotation. Right out of the book........... so we always try to get Grand Cherokees with a matching spare tire and wheel.

Gladiator - it sucks that the Overland has 18" tires on the truck and a 17" spare!
Sponsored