Sponsored

Stellantis: "Unfortunately last documented oil change was over a year ago, we can't honor your warranty claim." Me:

Mister Lamb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
Jeep Gladiator Stellantis: "Unfortunately last documented oil change was over a year ago, we can't honor your warranty claim." Me: IMG_9095

Jeep Gladiator Stellantis: "Unfortunately last documented oil change was over a year ago, we can't honor your warranty claim." Me: IMG_9096

Jeep Gladiator Stellantis: "Unfortunately last documented oil change was over a year ago, we can't honor your warranty claim." Me: IMG_9097

Unfortunately YOUR
😂
Might be overkill but after reading some of the horror stories on here I figured it's best to snap a few pics for proof... I can't get that poor sap out of my head who Jeep claimed never changed his oil filter and refused to honor any warranty claims
Sponsored

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Did Stellantis actually say this?

If I remember right, the guy who got denied due to missing oil changes was because his engine was full of sludge and signs of over-extended oil use. Totally fair of them to ask for evidence when they find that.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Yep. Always take pictures.
I usually get my neighbor, Keith, to help me, and we always take pictures in case we need to prove something to the dealer.
Nothing like having irrefutable photographic evidence!

Jeep Gladiator Stellantis: "Unfortunately last documented oil change was over a year ago, we can't honor your warranty claim." Me: oil change

Apologies to @Quadratec

Last edited:

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
This is why I update my oil changes on the Jeep app.

gecko_rubi

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘81 CJ-5, ‘05 LJ, ‘21 JTRD
Occupation
Architect
Had this happen about 2 weeks ago … said my fuel filter was bad and that was causing a check engine light. I showed them a picture of the Mopar box with part number sitting infront of the odometer as well as a pic with the new/old filters from when I had changed it a week before. Dealer said must have been a bad filter and replaced it for free. I need to look on the app for the maintenance input.

OP
OP
Mister Lamb

Mister Lamb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
Did Stellantis actually say this?

If I remember right, the guy who got denied due to missing oil changes was because his engine was full of sludge and signs of over-extended oil use. Totally fair of them to ask for evidence when they find that.
While I'm not saying I believe the guy on here, he claimed to have replaced it. A picture of a sludge-filled filter doesn't necessarily mean it came out of your car

Sponsored

MikeSalt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
Paramedic/EHS Director
I leave my dash cam on when I go in for service. No issues yet. Just keeping them honest.

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
About to do my 2nd oil change on my own.. will be taking COPIOUS amounts of pictures, hell, i may even video myself, who knows, could get wild.

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Yep. Always take pictures.
I usually get my neighbor, Keith, to help me, and we always take pictures in case we need to prove something to the dealer.
Nothing like having irrefutable photographic evidence!

Jeep Gladiator Stellantis: "Unfortunately last documented oil change was over a year ago, we can't honor your warranty claim." Me: oil change

Apologies to @Quadratec
Looks like you interupted Keiths beer drinking. LOL