First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I tried to get in this week but the dealer is all booked up, guess I'll roll with my Monday 11/29 appt and we'll see what happens
good news, oil change was indeed covered on the very last day of the Jeep Wave subscription
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
So I was under the impression that when you buy a new jeep you get your first 3 oil changes free... according to the jeep wave program... however I take my truck in to have it’s oil change done and now I’m billed $30 because and I quote “Jeep/Chrysler only pays $50 towards the oil change and $10 towards the tire rotation”. I may have gotten scammed but I didn’t bother over the $30 because I didn’t have the time nor the patience to go to another dealer to find out. However if this is the case, then why tf is the manufacturer only paying a fraction and leaving the dealer to cover the rest? If it’s a manufacturers program I thought they would plan ahead and be sure that they cover it entirely. Again it’s only $30, but it irritates me.
Believe you got jacked by your dealer. I got 4 free changes when I bought my truck and I have one left. I have not paid anything for the 3 Oil/Tire jobs I have gotten done so far.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
It's amazing how dealer-centric everything is. They charged you for a free oil change....I took mine in at 7,000 miles and they changed the oil for free, and rotated the tires for free as well. I'm pretty sure they didn't have to do that last part for free. I would say if it's possible, shop around and see which dealership near you is a little more customer friendly. I know that it's not always possible, but I'd sure try.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I had my 4th wave service today at 32,000. No charge, paper work states Warranty wave service, amount due $0.00. I have had three different dealers service my JT and no charge for wave service. My dealer did note on paperwork today," next service recommends air and cabin filters change."

OP
OP
DTJB

DTJB

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
New development in the JT, has developed a clicking noise directly behind the steering wheel like the turn signal catch has broken... not sure that is what it is yet, I would pull it apart and find/fix it but since the silly thing has a warranty it will be going to a dealer... not the previous dealer

Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
“Free” anything, with the purchase of a vehicle is fixed in the price of that vehicle. Dealerships also bill the manufacturer for the costs of “free” things. So they got greased from you and the manufacturer.

The service advisor, no doubt, is paid a commission on sales. I would certainly get that $30 back on principle even if you don’t need it. JeepCares, FCA, Corporate, what ever you want to call them needs to hear a complaint of being taken advantaged of. Trust is broken all for commissions paid in the back room.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
It should, but I would do it before then.
Ya, but since we're discussing a dealer, everyone that knows dealer math and calendarization procedures knows that the 29th of November really means the 15th of May. Of last year. And also that beer is free tomorrow.

Wetzie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Sales
Hello, I participated in the Jeep Wave oil change and the dealer said it does not cover the whole cost.
They recommended I get in touch with someone at Jeep for the remainder of the balance. When I had my JLUS it was fully covered so I was a little skeptical. Let me know if this is the new normal.
thank you

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Hello, I participated in the Jeep Wave oil change and the dealer said it does not cover the whole cost.
They recommended I get in touch with someone at Jeep for the remainder of the balance. When I had my JLUS it was fully covered so I was a little skeptical. Let me know if this is the new normal.
thank you
Sounds like more sleight-of-hand, dealer bs to me....🤔

Pergrem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Yamaha/BRP Tech
Just had mine done 2 weeks ago. Anyone with Jeep Wave that is getting charged single penny for an oil change and tire rotation is getting scammed. Jeep Wave covers it all.

Sponsored

stuckindeep

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport and Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired
You got ripped off, I have 2 JTs one is DA wife's and the other is mine. Jeep wave oil changes are free. My dealer uses synthetic oil, regular price for a synthetic oil change at the dealer is 80 bucks.

kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Quick question while on this topic: When I open Jeep Wave, it says I have three free oil changes and tire rotations. When I go to schedule an appointment, it says it is in the order of $68. There is a note saying that the price may change by the dealer (assuming it will be $0 from wave) but it made me nervous. You think the app would reflect the free oil change? Has everyone else had the same issue? I'm probably just going to stop in at the local dealer and ask before I trust the application.

I'm not used to anyone doing anything on my vehicles besides me but it's hard to pass up free.

Also, I only have 3200 miles on my Gladiator but owned it since July (almost 8 months). The time duration bothers me especially with the first oil change. Thoughts?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Quick question while on this topic: When I open Jeep Wave, it says I have three free oil changes and tire rotations. When I go to schedule an appointment, it says it is in the order of $68. There is a note saying that the price may change by the dealer (assuming it will be $0 from wave) but it made me nervous. You think the app would reflect the free oil change? Has everyone else had the same issue? I'm probably just going to stop in at the local dealer and ask before I trust the application.

I'm not used to anyone doing anything on my vehicles besides me but it's hard to pass up free.

Also, I only have 3200 miles on my Gladiator but owned it since July (almost 8 months). The time duration bothers me especially with the first oil change. Thoughts?
The dealer online scheduling is not tied to anything and is internal to them. I get the same messaging when I schedule an appointment with my dealer. I just put a message in the note box it is a Jeep Wave service for both oil change and tire rotation when I online schedule and just reinforce that verbally with the service advisor when I show up. Had no problem doing it that way and not charged.

Dave210

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
thank you
I am pretty close to you and just had my 4th and final oil change and tire rotation done at a dealer in Catonsville, MD and was not charged anything. I was not charged for the first 3 Jeep Wave services either.

Which dealer did you use, so I can avoid them.

RedOverland

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
What mileage is everyone getting their first oil change? The engineers say to use the oil life indicator, some say sooner. Synthetic should easily be good up to 10,000 miles / 1 year, right?
Sponsored