First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Teleworking, but I have 10” measured down to the deck boards (Waldorf). Had a small oak fall into my yard that I have to clean up later.
I’m going with 11” of snow here in Waldorf today, some spots more, others not much less. Basing it off the stack on top of my outdoor table since it’s exposed. I park in the garage, so nothing to clean off. I think I’ll stay off the road tonight to avoid people who don’t know how to drive in snow. Watched five cars and a kid on a quad get stuck trying to get in/out of my neighborhood. They drove their cars right into the plow bank and couldn’t figure out why they got hung up. SMH.

OP
OP
AjMac

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Okay who actually got snow and are having fun in it?
We got about 6 in the Crofton area...got to have a little fun driving on the roads around here...today, everything is clear now. The Gladdy felt good, I let out some air a few days ago to get the pressure to about 35, and it felt like it made a difference. Although, it could be a mental thing lol.

I'm hoping for that little bit more to come through Thurs night.

Sponsored

CWB

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FLHR, Dodge Challenger, high altitude gladiator.
Occupation
Lithography.
Was able to try 4H in the snow in the unplowed commuter lot when I was dropped off we were stuck in traffic on 50 for 2.5 hrs, 4H worked great for me, only got about 20 feet before 2H wouldn’t cut it, although now I wish I had select trac with 4H auto.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Got about 3.5" here in S.E. PA last night (Near Chadds Ford). No sense trying anything...roads were clear when I got around to clearing the driveway and walks :(

OP
OP
AjMac

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you that have been in the Jeeping community for a little bit, and/or have experience with getting and installing Lift Kits; How would you suggest going about it?

Do I purchase on my own, or have who will be installing it purchase it? Will they install it if I just show up with it?

Would you recommend installing yourself? Would the dealer install an aftermarket? What shops in MD have you used?

And finally, do I upgrade driveshaft right away, or can I survive a bit without it?

Thanks in advance! It's about time I get serious about the lift, and I plan on utilizing all the tools at my disposal (you) to get it done right.

Joe Dillard

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave, '91 YJ Wrangler, '17 Ram 3500 CTD
Occupation
DoD Contractor
For those of you that have been in the Jeeping community for a little bit, and/or have experience with getting and installing Lift Kits; How would you suggest going about it?

Do I purchase on my own, or have who will be installing it purchase it? Will they install it if I just show up with it?

Would you recommend installing yourself? Would the dealer install an aftermarket? What shops in MD have you used?

And finally, do I upgrade driveshaft right away, or can I survive a bit without it?

Thanks in advance! It's about time I get serious about the lift, and I plan on utilizing all the tools at my disposal (you) to get it done right.
A neighbor and I will be installing an AEV 2" spacer lift on my '21 Mojave tomorrow morning starting ~9AM in my garage. I may install the Clayton F&R adjustable track bars and new wheels & 37" tires too. My neighbor has only so much time so we'll see what gets done. I normally work alone but I've had an injury that limits my mobility & strength to do certain things - so it's best if I have a second hand to help.

I'll be taking pics along the way and letting you know what I think. I suspect it'll be fairly easy as compared to the custom 1-off fab work I use to do on Jeeps when I worked fulltime building rigs.

PM me your number if you'd like to come by & watch/learn as a relatively easy lift gets installed. I live in St Mary's county near the NAS Patuxent River Navy base ~70 miles south of Odenton.

OP
OP
AjMac

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
A neighbor and I will be installing an AEV 2" spacer lift on my '21 Mojave tomorrow morning starting ~9AM in my garage. I may install the Clayton F&R adjustable track bars and new wheels & 37" tires too. My neighbor has only so much time so we'll see what gets done. I normally work alone but I've had an injury that limits my mobility & strength to do certain things - so it's best if I have a second hand to help.

I'll be taking pics along the way and letting you know what I think. I suspect it'll be fairly easy as compared to the custom 1-off fab work I use to do on Jeeps when I worked fulltime building rigs.

PM me your number if you'd like to come by & watch/learn as a relatively easy lift gets installed. I live in St Mary's county near the NAS Patuxent River Navy base ~70 miles south of Odenton.
Sounds like you're gonna be having a good time tomorrow! The wife and I have a packed weekend, so I wont be able to swing by....I take it then that you are for installing your own lift?

Sponsored

Joe Dillard

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave, '91 YJ Wrangler, '17 Ram 3500 CTD
Occupation
DoD Contractor
Sounds like you're gonna be having a good time tomorrow! The wife and I have a packed weekend, so I wont be able to swing by....I take it then that you are for installing your own lift?
Yes, if at all possible. I understand some folks may not be able to due to limited tools/limited space/condo or apartment restrictions etc.

OP
OP
AjMac

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, reposting this here, looking for your thoughts again. Thanks!

Alright, so I am about to purchase my lift. I was looking at the Rock Krawler 4.5 X factor "No Limits", for the height, and the quad rate springs, which seem beneficial for the diesel. However, the price has recently waved me off.

I could use some opinions...

Metal Cloak GC 3.5 with Rocksports...I would want to upgrade the springs with 4.5's at some point (maybe RK), and would have to get my hands on a steer kit.

OR

Clayton Offroad 3.5 Overland. They have a bundle with a steer kit and Falcons. I would probably also upgrade springs in the future.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer

Joe,

Did you find time and help to get any of this done?

Tstrausburg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Hey guys, reposting this here, looking for your thoughts again. Thanks!

Alright, so I am about to purchase my lift. I was looking at the Rock Krawler 4.5 X factor "No Limits", for the height, and the quad rate springs, which seem beneficial for the diesel. However, the price has recently waved me off.

I could use some opinions...

Metal Cloak GC 3.5 with Rocksports...I would want to upgrade the springs with 4.5's at some point (maybe RK), and would have to get my hands on a steer kit.

OR

Clayton Offroad 3.5 Overland. They have a bundle with a steer kit and Falcons. I would probably also upgrade springs in the future.
I am thinking about the same lifts and I talked to Paul over at World Tour Off Road in Annapolis. He recommended the Clayton over the Metalcloak. Maybe stop by his shop or call them and chat with him about your goals. He’s really helpful and not pushy at all. When the time comes to upgrade my lift, I’m going to head over his way. I also like that you can get the Ride Right lift and then add the rest of the components down the road.
Sponsored