Maryland Jeep clubs?

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I hate to disappoint - this will be a nice drive in the hills, but nothing about this trail requires 4wd... There are a number of narrow paths across the hills that would be fun if opened, but they all have locked gates that keep vehicles out.
Yeah, unfortunately any gravel you get in MD now would be rated a 1-2 at best...its hard to even find some nice rocks to get flexy on. DawgBox is getting anxious for sure. Makes you want to use a Prius or Subaru just to use my TrailCam and disconnect my sway bar!
Sponsored

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, unfortunately any gravel you get in MD now would be rated a 1-2 at best...its hard to even find some nice rocks to get flexy on. DawgBox is getting anxious for sure. Makes you want to use a Prius or Subaru just to use my TrailCam and disconnect my sway bar!
Well, you can go through Gambril State Park as the gate is finally unlocked but it's still just a road. But I was climbing the walls waiting to leave for Colorado so I found the only rock around here to climb...not much but better than a kick in the you know what's.
Jeep Gladiator Maryland Jeep clubs? IMG_1539

Went over a nice log but forgot to slow down on the departure...thought my spare was going to reach out and smack me! Even though just a gravel road, was nice to get off the pavement and away from people!
Jeep Gladiator Maryland Jeep clubs? IMG_1442

slothead

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Overland
Occupation
NASA Consultant - EE
Vehicle Showcase
Well, you can go through Gambril State Park as the gate is finally unlocked but it's still just a road. But I was climbing the walls waiting to leave for Colorado so I found the only rock around here to climb...not much but better than a kick in the you know what's.

Went over a nice log but forgot to slow down on the departure...thought my spare was going to reach out and smack me! Even though just a gravel road, was nice to get off the pavement and away from people!
Ha! Good one Josh! As soon as I saw the first pic, I thought... somebody needed an action shot! I seem to remember some fire roads up in that area, and while “unimproved“ they are still roads... Months from now I’ll see you near Boulder.
Tom

Sponsored

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Ha! Good one Josh! As soon as I saw the first pic, I thought... somebody needed an action shot! I seem to remember some fire roads up in that area, and while “unimproved“ they are still roads... Months from now I’ll see you near Boulder.
Tom
Whose Josh? :surprised:. Definitely...we're leaving in two weeks and I can't wait to get some Boulder dirt underneath DawgBox's shoes.

slothead

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NASA Consultant - EE
Vehicle Showcase
Whose Josh? :surprised:. Definitely...we're leaving in two weeks and I can't wait to get some Boulder dirt underneath DawgBox's shoes.
My mistake Ron, I mixed you up with someone else obviously. I don’t know when I’ll get out there again with the virus thing the way it is, and my granddaughter may not even be going either (the school May decide to do some online something or other, I sure don’t know.
if we don‘t talk again within two weeks, have a great trip.
Tom

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My mistake Ron, I mixed you up with someone else obviously. I don’t know when I’ll get out there again with the virus thing the way it is, and my granddaughter may not even be going either (the school May decide to do some online something or other, I sure don’t know.
if we don‘t talk again within two weeks, have a great trip.
Tom
LOL...no worries, I do that all the time (and my wife hates it when I forget her name :surprised:). Yes,all our university aged kids are going to have a rough time this next year and we'll have to be cognizant of their unique challenges. When things settle down and you get out to Boulder, don't hesitate to reach out!

OP
OP
JT “Charlie”

JT “Charlie”

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
been off the reservation (forum) for a while. I with a few others started Maryland off road enthusiast it’s an off-road group that likes to trail ride and camp. Done about 6 trips since oct and moving steady. just got back from an 3 day weekend adventure traveling into the GWNF flag pole knob. good times. if you get a chance and are still looking to join a group. hit us up on facebook

Sponsored

slothead

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NASA Consultant - EE
Vehicle Showcase
LOL...no worries, I do that all the time (and my wife hates it when I forget her name :surprised:). Yes,all our university aged kids are going to have a rough time this next year and we'll have to be cognizant of their unique challenges. When things settle down and you get out to Boulder, don't hesitate to reach out!
Hey Ron, how are things in CO? Get hit with any airplane parts lately? LOL I've missed touching base with you since you moved. How's the ner house?

slothead

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NASA Consultant - EE
Vehicle Showcase
We have Peters Mill and Flagpole out this way. Not too much directly off of Skyline Drive.
I'll check those out Jeff (I think I saw Peters Mill pretty close to the Skyline drive but I'll look closer). Any chance you could post Long/lat's? Thanks,
Tom

beefcake

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Nurse
Seems this thread may be dead, but what the heck I'll post anyway. Just moved up here and living in Bethesda. My girl is stuck in a parking garage and hardly being driven at all since I walk or bike to work now. It would be nice to get her out and into her natural environment!

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Seems this thread may be dead, but what the heck I'll post anyway. Just moved up here and living in Bethesda. My girl is stuck in a parking garage and hardly being driven at all since I walk or bike to work now. It would be nice to get her out and into her natural environment!
Have you found the Mid-Atlantic Gladiators, Maryland Jeep Club or Chesapeake Jeep Club on FB? A lot of events and meet-ups get posted on those groups

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Also, for getting dirt under her tires, the nearest options to Google are the Frederick Watershed (forest road), Peter’s Mill Run, Flagpole Knob VA, Rausch Creek Off-road Park and AOAA off-road park
Sponsored