Maryland Jeep clubs?

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I tried for awhile to register with the Maryland Jeep Club last evening, to no avail. It kept telling me that I "answered the question wrong". I have no ideas what question it was referring. I then t4ried to email the administrator and filled out the form and when I tried to send it, it said the email address was non-existent. Today I drove to what their webpage said the club's address was and found a bright blue Wrangler Unlimited in front of a dental office. of course the office was not open obviously due to the Covid-19. So I guess we will just have to wait it out (I know it is realy a trying time for some, and waiting doesn't help that.
Hi Slothead, looks like you all are in my neighborhood...at least until we move out to Colorado. If you see DawgBox cruising around looking for dirt, do wave!
DawgBox2.jpg
Sponsored

slothead

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Overland
Occupation
NASA Consultant - EE
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Slothead, looks like you all are in my neighborhood...at least until we move out to Colorado. If you see DawgBox cruising around looking for dirt, do wave!
DawgBox2.jpg
Hey Dawg! I’ll keep an eye out for ya. Looks like in this image you are over at T.T. (I don’t think they want us advertising) off Grove road. Where are you going in CO? My granddaughter is going to start at CU Boulder next year and I have suppliers in Boulder too.

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hey Dawg! I’ll keep an eye out for ya. Looks like in this image you are over at T.T. (I don’t think they want us advertising) off Grove road. Where are you going in CO? My granddaughter is going to start at CU Boulder next year and I have suppliers in Boulder too.
No, not advertising...but I certainly can recommend them :). She is going to love it there...we're moving just above Boulder up Canyon Road to the little town of Nederland. It's at 8,600 ft and is known for it's winter event called the Frozen Dead Guy Days. If you make it out there I'll be happy to wheel with ya!

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, 2009 Toyota Tacoma
I tried for awhile to register with the Maryland Jeep Club last evening, to no avail. It kept telling me that I "answered the question wrong". I have no ideas what question it was referring. I then t4ried to email the administrator and filled out the form and when I tried to send it, it said the email address was non-existent. Today I drove to what their webpage said the club's address was and found a bright blue Wrangler Unlimited in front of a dental office. of course the office was not open obviously due to the Covid-19. So I guess we will just have to wait it out (I know it is realy a trying time for some, and waiting doesn't help that.
I used to run with MJC and was an early member... but that ended for me about 14 years ago. I took a peek at the forum (surprised it's still around), and there's not much activity at all. The guy I knew as the club president hasn't logged into the forum since 2013... so maybe someone else stepped up? I don't know.

I'd say that group is dormant.

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
No, not advertising...but I certainly can recommend them :). She is going to love it there...we're moving just above Boulder up Canyon Road to the little town of Nederland. It's at 8,600 ft and is known for it's winter event called the Frozen Dead Guy Days. If you make it out there I'll be happy to wheel with ya!
Just an update after picking up DawgBox from alignment. Talked with Trick Trucks and they are happy to have advertising...so here it is...two thumbs up TT! Especially Richie and Tanner...great group to work with when you've already packed your tools to move (should have kept them!).
FinalTrickTrucks_without_FogLights2.jpg

Sponsored

slothead

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NASA Consultant - EE
Vehicle Showcase
Just an update after picking up DawgBox from alignment. Talked with Trick Trucks and they are happy to have advertising...so here it is...two thumbs up TT! Especially Richie and Tanner...great group to work with when you've already packed your tools to move (should have kept them!).
FinalTrickTrucks_without_FogLights2.jpg
Looks good Ron, I just finished replacing my bumper with a Fab Fours Stubby with pre-runner (their words) and added a Warn VR EVO 8. I need to get pics of it!
When exactly are you leaving town for CO (and where exactly are you going out there)?
IMG_1771-1 copy.jpg

Tom

Last edited:

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Looks good Ron, I just finished replacing my bumper with a Fab Fours Stubby with pre-runner (their words) and added a Warn VR EVO 8. I need to get pics of it!
When exactly are you leaving town for CO (and where exactly are you going out there)?
IMG_1771-1 copy.jpg

Tom
Hi Tom, looks nice! In theory, the house should be done by the end of May and we’ll (if Covid-19 doesn’t delay us on the build) move up to Nederland...lots of snow and away from the world.

EEEF9AB2-C7F5-4B66-99C3-262A94CEEA51.jpeg

slothead

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
NASA Consultant - EE
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Tom, looks nice! In theory, the house should be done by the end of May and we’ll (if Covid-19 doesn’t delay us on the build) move up to Nederland...lots of snow and away from the world.

EEEF9AB2-C7F5-4B66-99C3-262A94CEEA51.jpeg
Nice looking place Ron (and thanks for the compliment on Punk'n). I'll bet my granddaughter would love to come see it in a year or two after she gets feeling at home in Boulder. I'll probably be out there that way too as soon as Ball Aero starts building the Libera instrument.

Later,
Tom

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Nice looking place Ron (and thanks for the compliment on Punk'n). I'll bet my granddaughter would love to come see it in a year or two after she gets feeling at home in Boulder. I'll probably be out there that way too as soon as Ball Aero starts building the Libera instrument.

Later,
Tom
Thanks Tom, we’d be honored to show you and your Granddaughter around the area and find a trail or two to enjoy!

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Maryland Jeep clubs? EEEF9AB2-C7F5-4B66-99C3-262A94CEEA51
Nice build, looks awesome

Sponsored

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Add one more Gladiator in the area, we're just north of Olney, Md and would enjoy connecting with other Jeep owners who might be interested in occassionally taking group rides our to the trails in the surrounding areas. Other than the first road through the Frederick Watershed, it seems most decent trails are 2+ hours away. We're new to Jeeps, so not looking to go extreme, but would like to learn to handle more challenging terrain.

Dave210

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Also a Marylander here. Is the road still open in the Frederick Watershed? Where is the enterance? I I have seen videos of it but have not been able to find any real information on access.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also a Marylander here. Is the road still open in the Frederick Watershed? Where is the enterance? I I have seen videos of it but have not been able to find any real information on access.
It looks like they've closed off (at least temporarily) about 40% of the roads through the park, but I've used the park as a sanity break during COVID twice now, so there is still a good amount of time that you can spend out driving and/or hiking/biking the many cycling trails if you like. The road into the park can be mapped at 6010 Mountaindale Rd, Thurmont, MD 21788. This address will take you to the Trail Head Parking lot on Mountaindale Road, but the road continues on into the park. It's a two-way dirt road (at least most of it), but one vehicle or the other has to pull to the side to permit passing.

Dave210

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thank you for the info. I have not had a place to try out 4 wheel drive. I may try to run up there this weekend.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the info. I have not had a place to try out 4 wheel drive. I may try to run up there this weekend.
I hate to disappoint - this will be a nice drive in the hills, but nothing about this trail requires 4wd... There are a number of narrow paths across the hills that would be fun if opened, but they all have locked gates that keep vehicles out.
Sponsored