Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking about the same lifts and I talked to Paul over at World Tour Off Road in Annapolis. He recommended the Clayton over the Metalcloak. Maybe stop by his shop or call them and chat with him about your goals. He’s really helpful and not pushy at all. When the time comes to upgrade my lift, I’m going to head over his way. I also like that you can get the Ride Right lift and then add the rest of the components down the road.
I talked to some guys out in Bull Run, and most of the guys i hang with run Metal Cloak with great results. I see great reviews about their customer service too, and so far that has been my experience too. I was a hair from picking clayton...but MC won out.

So...thats the direction Im going. The price is good, it has everything I need, and they are throwing in some EVO HD 4.5 inch springs. instead of the 3.5's that normally come with the kit.

I might end up upgrading those in the future anyway, as I see it's pretty common for them to sag with the heavier Jeeps. Those are the heavily loaded overlanding guys though, so Im hoping for better results.
Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 JLUR
Recommend Dirt Nerds in Sterling VA. Install price was less expensive than Bull Run and they are both on par for pricing and customer satisfaction.

FYSA & JLUR related, I purchased my MC 3.5” Game Changer by myself in my home garage. Several of the well known shops I spoke with have a significant upcharge if you don’t buy from them.

OP
OP
AjMac

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Recommend Dirt Nerds in Sterling VA. Install price was less expensive than Bull Run and they are both on par for pricing and customer satisfaction.

FYSA & JLUR related, I purchased my MC 3.5” Game Changer by myself in my home garage. Several of the well known shops I spoke with have a significant upcharge if you don’t buy from them.
Ill be doing it myself (with the help of a few guys) in order to avoid that.

MyJeepShawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Emergency Communications

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So I brought mine home a lil over a week ago, and my wife wants to get out this upcoming weekend and explore a little. Looks like peters mill run is closed after the first Monday in January until March. Are there any other fun forest roads or easy trails that will be open this time of the year to take the family for a day trip. Nothing crazy at all. Still would like to have a new jeep for the first month or two haha.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AjMac

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So I brought mine home a lil over a week ago, and my wife wants to get out this upcoming weekend and explore a little. Looks like peters mill run is closed after the first Monday in January until March. Are there any other fun forest roads or easy trails that will be open this time of the year to take the family for a day trip. Nothing crazy at all. Still would like to have a new jeep for the first month or two haha.
Ive seen some pics and a few YT videos of Green Ridge State Forest, and i see a few people talk about Frederick Watershed, although I havent been to either. I would like to do some truck camping at Green Ridge, so let me know what you think if you end up going.

Evilmunky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Science
Ive seen some pics and a few YT videos of Green Ridge State Forest, and i see a few people talk about Frederick Watershed, although I havent been to either. I would like to do some truck camping at Green Ridge, so let me know what you think if you end up going.
Frederick watershed is pretty tame, although with the snow and ice we have now it’ll be more fun.

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Will do. I was honestly hoping to do green ridge if peters mill is closed. But I heard rumors green ridge didn have their loop anymore. I was gonna call the park office today.

Edit: I just called and it’s been closed for ten years…….

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
If/when you guys do Peter's Mill Run, let me know! I hear it's closed until spring, but that's one I've been wanting to do. I'm not a Maryland resident at the moment, but grew up in Washington County. I'm just north of MD now.

Frederick Watershed is pretty weak. Don't even need 4 wheel drive, or a jeep, except in maybe just a couple of sections off the beaten path, for a hundred feet or so.

OP
OP
AjMac

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If/when you guys do Peter's Mill Run, let me know! I hear it's closed until spring, but that's one I've been wanting to do. I'm not a Maryland resident at the moment, but grew up in Washington County. I'm just north of MD now.

Frederick Watershed is pretty weak. Don't even need 4 wheel drive, or a jeep, except in maybe just a couple of sections off the beaten path, for a hundred feet or so.
Count me in!

Sponsored

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Threw on my 37s this past weekend. Just about have the speedo dialed in. Gonna try and adjust it a lil more this weekend and chalk test the tires. With it being almost 60 on Saturday I’m gonna try and install my winch too!

36846D26-C231-44C8-BC85-EB41CB1D64EC.jpeg

OP
OP
AjMac

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Threw on my 37s this past weekend. Just about have the speedo dialed in. Gonna try and adjust it a lil more this weekend and chalk test the tires. With it being almost 60 on Saturday I’m gonna try and install my winch too!

Jeep Gladiator Jeepers of Maryland 36846D26-C231-44C8-BC85-EB41CB1D64EC
Hell yeah man, looks great! What do you think?

What are you doin to lock on the speedo? I got a JSCAN inbound for mine.

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Hell yeah man, looks great! What do you think?

What are you doin to lock on the speedo? I got a JSCAN inbound for mine.
Same! Just going with jscan and a Bluetooth adapter. And I highly recommend getting the extension cables from zautomotive. It was not hard unplugging them, but it was a pain plugging them back in. Now with the extension cables you won’t have to reach your fingers up in there.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw_ext/

stuckindeep

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport and Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired
Howdy Marylanders, stumbled across the Jeepers of MD by accident. I have Had a jeep or 3 in the yard since 1975. The silver JT is da wife's and the Rubi JT is mine.
Jeep Gladiator Jeepers of Maryland Da Wifes
Jeep Gladiator Jeepers of Maryland Mine
Jeep Gladiator Jeepers of Maryland Mine

OP
OP
AjMac

AjMac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Same! Just going with jscan and a Bluetooth adapter. And I highly recommend getting the extension cables from zautomotive. It was not hard unplugging them, but it was a pain plugging them back in. Now with the extension cables you won’t have to reach your fingers up in there.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw_ext/
Already on the way! Should be here Friday...supposedly when I update the wheel size, the shift points will adjust too. I look forward to seeing if thats the case.
Sponsored