broadz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Hi guys,

Does anyone actually have a full rundown on the differences between the JK and JL/JT Alpine audio systems.

My friend's '15 JK Rubicon seems to just sound so much nicer than my '21 Gladiator. I see the upper dash speakers (3.5" full range driver) have the exact same part number (68223392AA) yet his sounds so much louder and with a lot more open-ness in the mids/highs.

Do the JL/JT use the same processor/amplifier to power the speakers or are they ran directly from the factory uconnect headunit? I know there was a big deal made when the updated Alpine system came out in MY15 JK Wranglers but since then its almost as if they have gone backward with the JL/JT.
Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I really can't help you with the details, but my 2014 JK Rubicon X came with the premium Alpine system. It sounded pretty good stock. I upgraded the sound bar speakers and sub (Infinity 6032si for sound bar with a Pioneer sub), and both of those resulted in much better sound quality.

Now, I just picked up my 21 Mojave, and I actually thought that something must be wrong with the new Alpine Premium Audio. It sounds very muffled with excessive bass. Even after adjusting the equalizer to try to brighten it up, it still sounds meh, and the volume only seems to go half as loud as my JK.

I love the Alpine system in my JK, but I really need to do something about this Alpine system in my JT. My daughter is into classic rock, and this system isn't going to pass her sound check. It looks like upgraded dash speakers may be in my future.

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
JL/JT alpine is only ok, though I feel like my JT sounds better then my JL, I bought it because I didn’t want to mess with the system and knew the standard system would be horrible in comparison.. I often think they should really dial this system in, kind of ridiculous they can’t offer a better quality system for the price.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Mine sounds better than any factory system I’ve ever had, to include my wife’s Audi Bose system. What are y’all using as your source material? I use Apple CarPlay for almost everything.

OP
OP

broadz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Comparing it to a factory BOSE system isn't much of a comparison as they too suck. "No highs, no lows, must be bose" well and truly earnt that reputation. There are some factory non-premium sound that legitimately sounds much better. Cars you wouldn't expect too: cheap korean cars and even spanish/thai pick ups.
As an audiophile who would typically have boutique brands such as Dynaudio, Morel, DLS fitted as aftermarket I'm well schooled in high end sound in-car. The JL/JT system is a disappointment - even for a factory premium offering and even more so when compared to the JK system it replaces which did sound better.
My JT system will get a complete overhaul with 3 way Dynaudio speakers when I get the chance to build some dash pods for the 4" midrange and a tweeter and when I can get some metra pods to modify for the 7" midbass.
As for media source: Carplay and even USB. I never use bluetooth for music streaming
Sponsored