Sponsored

JSCAN - Tire Size / Diameter - What to enter

srchingon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Maybe we could use this thread as a guide on what tire size / diameter future users should enter when using JSCAN.

For example: 315/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs 17x9 wheels = 33.5"
Sponsored

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
Maybe we could use this thread as a guide on what tire size / diameter future users should enter when using JSCAN.

The problem is if one guy airs up at 39 psi and another likes 31 psi the input numbers will most likely be different.

Use tape measure - input - test - repeat till you get it all right and all matching.

I used a radar detector with GPS that shows speed, and the Waze app.... those both now match with my dash speedometer (dial and digital) at all speeds.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

That isn't going to fly - as has been proven by the fact that a fair number of threads and posts already address this.
AzRob gave one reason - air pressure, weight of the truck, etc. All you can do is enter what you have and adjust from there.
You'll find that same answer in at least a half dozen other posts or threads here.
I didn't have to change a thing when I swap on the Rubicon Falken A/T take-offs I run on my Overland in the bad months. The radar and GPS speeds don't vary when I switch tires - but others say they are different diameter tires. Apparently the rolling diameter isn't that different on MY truck.

Besides, if anyone wants to know a diameter- Google will tell that. Start with that and adjust for YOUR truck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

srchingon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
valid points. thanks for input.

ad78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
This says it all. get a tape measure. even the app has the figure how to measure. Fire up the demo. See below pic

51A169E4-B2FE-430E-9AEA-859EE35A53FA.png
Sponsored