Sponsored

JT as a personal snow plow truck?

dew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee;WRX
Curious if the JT would be a legit home driveway snow plow truck. Not looking to do other driveways beside my own which is flat but double wide and can hold at least 16 cars. Have checked out the 2019 RAM 1500 build page which was ~$50K, but no eco diesel listed. Safe to assume JT could handle whatever plows the 1500 could handle? Not looking for a professional set-up, but don't want the cheap home blades either.
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
There are many choices of plows out there that will fit your needs and the JT. I would look into a light plow with a polly face. The good new is it sounds like you will have plenty of time to research it.

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
There are many choices of plows out there that will fit your needs and the JT. I would look into a light plow with a polly face. The good new is it sounds like you will have plenty of time to research it.
THAT'S the good news?!!

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
4-wheelers these days can move a decent amount of snow- even my 4 cylinder Toyota 4x4 pickup is good enough for most snow falls here in MN.

Shouldn't be an issue- unless you're doing a ton of forward/reverse cycles. Might want to consider a cooler on the tranny.

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
Be careful. Not sure how the JT steering is, but on Ford's, when the F150 first went to electric power steering Ford said DO NOT put a plow on those trucks because the electrical system in the truck was not able to meet the demands of the plow, the elec steering, and the rest of the truck and they said any truck with a plow, the warranty was automatically voided.
When the aluminum trucks came out in 2015 they had started offering a plow pkg on 5.0 trucks, but as far as I know they still do not recommend using a plow on ecoboost trucks.
Now, with that said, there are light duty plows that don't use electric at all. They are 100% manual. I have a Snowsport plow that mounts to a receiver hitch and I plow our driveway with our TJ Wrangler and a front mount hitch. It's not the best option, but it's better than shoveling.

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
Wow. Didn't realize this thread was over a year old.
Facepalm!
Sponsored