Sponsored

JT Gladiator Upper Decker Hinged Cargo Basket Now Available!

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
Great job guys! Do you have any plans to add mounting holes to the RTT mounts for additional storage options? What about a higher rack for those that want their tent up higher?

Speaking of the RTT, do you know how high the bottom of the tent is with your current mounts (what size lift and tires since that will effect your numbers)?
1. There are so many configurations for kayaks, bikes, racks, etc that I don't know that we will drill those mounts out much. We'll likely leave that to the user to drill out the holes they need for their particular set-up.

2. We don't currently have plans for a higher RTT rack. That could change, but nothing to report now.

3. The bottom of the tent on our Gladiator sits just over 70" from the ground. We're on a 2" lift with 37s.

Thank you,
Sponsored

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Really it all depends on the location of the pistons mounted to the inside of the bed. The DECKED system sits exactly 12" up from the bed.
@ACE Engineering & @theDECKEDguy so I ordered the upper deck. Now want to order the Decked System. Need to know if the placement of the hinges in the front work with the Trail Rail System installed & are the locations where the pistons attach in the back high enough that the Decked System fits? Thanks!

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ACE Engineering & @theDECKEDguy so I ordered the upper deck. Now want to order the Decked System. Need to know if the placement of the hinges in the front work with the Trail Rail System installed & are the locations where the pistons attach in the back high enough that the Decked System fits? Thanks!
Here's pics of the 2 connection points. Perhaps @theDECKEDguy can tell from these if they will work together?
IMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0345.jpg

Thank you,

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
@theDECKEDguy what do you think?
i'm not the decked guy, but it looks like the mounting locations for ACE are above the 12" mark. throw a tape measure on your bed and see. I know its nicer to hear it from the horses mouth, but sometimes i'm impatient and have to take a leap of faith......

Granted this is your $1900 leap or there abouts........:giggle:

SKETCHY JEEP

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
1. There are so many configurations for kayaks, bikes, racks, etc that I don't know that we will drill those mounts out much. We'll likely leave that to the user to drill out the holes they need for their particular set-up.

2. We don't currently have plans for a higher RTT rack. That could change, but nothing to report now.

3. The bottom of the tent on our Gladiator sits just over 70" from the ground. We're on a 2" lift with 37s.

Thank you,
How big is the gap between the floor of the UpperDecker to the bottom of the RTT rack? Wondering if my spare would fit under it.

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
i'm not the decked guy, but it looks like the mounting locations for ACE are above the 12" mark. throw a tape measure on your bed and see. I know its nicer to hear it from the horses mouth, but sometimes i'm impatient and have to take a leap of faith......

Yep, looks pretty close to me. Figured I'd wait for the Decked Guy. Think I'll need to install the Upper Deck first anyway so I can get the hinges in the front right, then remove to put the Decked System in and reinstall the Upper Deck. @ACE Engineering could you measure from the bottom of the bed up to the lowest point on both the hinge bracket and the back bracket please?

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Here, these pics might help.

Thank you,

ACE

IMG_0360.JPG
IMG_0358.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How big is the gap between the floor of the UpperDecker to the bottom of the RTT rack? Wondering if my spare would fit under it.
It's 14.5" of clearance.

Thank you,

theDECKEDguy

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Once again, I am thoroughly impressed with the aftermarket on these vehicles. Especially the forum sponsors. This is absolutely something that's making me regret the factory tonneau cover I ordered. That will be getting scrapped soon. This cover with a Decked system will probably be in my future.
We can't wait to see the finished product.