Sponsored

Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
No need for new driveshafts with this kit. If I decide to run 40's I may address the steering with hydrualic assist, and so far I'm good with the axle shafts. In my JKR I went through a number of axle shafts but I did much more aggressive rock crawling with it. It was also not new and I wasn't afraid to beat it up. I'm trying not to damage this one too badly at least for a year or two, then all bets are off. If I start wheeling hard enough to twist axle shafts on the JT I'll just go to 60's. People wheel pretty hard on these JTs with 40's and don't have any issues. They are pretty stout.

I do have the Fox Factory Race Series ATS 2.0 steering stabilizer, and I also have hydraulic bump stops in the front like the Mojave has. I can slam it pretty hard and it'll absorb the impact.
I haven't changed anything with the axles and have wheeled it pretty good with 37's.

I am thinking of doing hydraulic steering. When on the rocks it can be a beast to turn it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No need for new driveshafts with this kit. If I decide to run 40's I may address the steering with hydrualic assist, and so far I'm good with the axle shafts. In my JKR I went through a number of axle shafts but I did much more aggressive rock crawling with it. It was also not new and I wasn't afraid to beat it up. I'm trying not to damage this one too badly at least for a year or two, then all bets are off. If I start wheeling hard enough to twist axle shafts on the JT I'll just go to 60's. People wheel pretty hard on these JTs with 40's and don't have any issues. They are pretty stout.

I do have the Fox Factory Race Series ATS 2.0 steering stabilizer, and I also have hydraulic bump stops in the front like the Mojave has. I can slam it pretty hard and it'll absorb the impact.
Which hydraulic bump stop do you use in the front and did it take a long time to set it properly.

Only issue I have with the suspension so far is if some dirt gets in the rear spring seat it gets squeaky. Have to jack it up and pressure wash it out. Also it flexes so much I can easily rub my stubby front bumper, it is an impressive amount of flex from this system.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Do you have a pick with the 37 in the spare well minus the track bar? If you ditched the trackbar, and got an aftermarket bumper that ditches the hitch assembly but doesn't tuck too much inboard I almost wonder if a 40 would sneak in under there.

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a pick with the 37 in the spare well minus the track bar? If you ditched the trackbar, and got an aftermarket bumper that ditches the hitch assembly but doesn't tuck too much inboard I almost wonder if a 40 would sneak in under there.
I fit my 37 in the tire well. Helps that the track bar is gone. I have to really push it in there. I have Nitto Ridge Grapplers that run a little small. Some others can't fit a 37" spare.

I did get a bed mount for my spare when I go wheeling. Don't want to tear it up underneath.
Jeep Gladiator Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos 20201101_093029

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Which hydraulic bump stop do you use in the front and did it take a long time to set it properly.

Only issue I have with the suspension so far is if some dirt gets in the rear spring seat it gets squeaky. Have to jack it up and pressure wash it out. Also it flexes so much I can easily rub my stubby front bumper, it is an impressive amount of flex from this system.
I went with the Rough Country hydraulic bump stops. I haven't had a chance to tune on them at all so they're just a tad bit harder than I would like. I need to soften them up just a bit but I need to get the Nitrogen recharge kit with gauges to do that. I'll use the same kit with the shocks so not a big deal.
Jeep Gladiator Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos RoughCountryBumpSto

When you're working over big bumps they're very very nice and work amazing well. On the street they do what they're supposed to but the initial contact where the axle plate connects with the bump stop (about 3 inches of travel) you get a bit of a clunk. I didn't expect that but it makes sense. I just wish instead of a hard nylon end cap you see in the picture it had a softer more transitional contact point, it would eliminate that clunk on initial contact. Outside of that they work very well.

I'm not experiencing any squeaks or rubbing yet. We'll see as time goes on.

Sponsored

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't changed anything with the axles and have wheeled it pretty good with 37's.

I am thinking of doing hydraulic steering. When on the rocks it can be a beast to turn it.
Since my RK kit was on backorder, I drove around on 37's on day 1 without a lift. I did have some rubbing in the fenders when doing some "mild" offroading. I refrained from doing anything really flexy until after the lift was on as I wasn't sure how far it would go before damage. It did much better than I thought.

And yes, especially if you go with 40s the hydraulic assist will be awesome. PSC makes a kit that should bolt right up. Don't need a steering stabilizer anymore.

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
For me my Nitto Trail Grappler 37's were about 1/4 inch or so from the trackbar. It was a VERY tight fit as those run pretty true to size. Obviously without the trackbar there's a lot more room in that direction but the tire still has to kind of fit between the frame. I don't think a 40 would fit under there under any circumstance very well and you'd be dragging it on everything as they're usually wider than 12.50. I don't mind dragging my 37 spare across stuff. Doesn't seem to hurt it at all.

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had it pretty flexed when it was rubbing the bumper. The stubby bumper hangs just a bit out from the grill. Lugs of the tire catches it at pretty good compression/flex on other side.
Jeep Gladiator Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos 122128583_10217923978466201_8804192860050674035_o

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me my Nitto Trail Grappler 37's were about 1/4 inch or so from the trackbar. It was a VERY tight fit as those run pretty true to size. Obviously without the trackbar there's a lot more room in that direction but the tire still has to kind of fit between the frame. I don't think a 40 would fit under there under any circumstance very well and you'd be dragging it on everything as they're usually wider than 12.50. I don't mind dragging my 37 spare across stuff. Doesn't seem to hurt it at all.
I don't want to drag the spare, could ruin it and I bought 5 wheels so I do 5 wheel rotations to get more life out of the tires.

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't want to drag the spare, could ruin it and I bought 5 wheels so I do 5 wheel rotations to get more life out of the tires.
I bought 5 as well. If it ruins it I'll just buy another. Those wheels aren't that expensive in the big scheme of things.

Sponsored

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I had it pretty flexed when it was rubbing the bumper. The stubby bumper hangs just a bit out from the grill. Lugs of the tire catches it at pretty good compression/flex on other side.
Nice. That looks really sloppy and messy lol. Sadly, nobody is taking pictures when I'm out doing things. I'm usually the one that's taking the pictures. I literally have one lousy picture of me doing anything in mine and it was something fairly lame. lol

Jeep Gladiator Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos Gladiator112720-0192852-HDR

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice. That looks really sloppy and messy lol. Sadly, nobody is taking pictures when I'm out doing things. I'm usually the one that's taking the pictures. I literally have one lousy picture of me doing anything in mine and it was something fairly lame. lol

Jeep Gladiator Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos Gladiator112720-0192852-HDR
Pretty much the same here. Lucky to leave with a photo or two. Tons of everyone else though.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Nice thread you have here @fosgate your rig is looking sweet. I just ordered the Pro-X stage 1 yesterday. I am very excited. Did you have to remove the rear axel in order to drill and tap the holes?

Last edited:
OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice thread you have here @fosgate your rig is looking sweet. I just ordered the Pro-X stage 1 yesterday. i am very excited. Did you have to remove the rear axel in order to drill and tap the holes?
No. I I just removed the spare, droop the read down to the ground and crawl under. Lots of room. Quick tip, leave the spare tire holder loose and place to the side or you will keep hitting it with your head.

If you droop the axle enough it is pretty spacious. The front two you have to work over the diff but it wasn't bad. Just have someone to pass you tools because once you are in there it is a pain to come back and forth. They provide the correct drill bit and tap. You need drill/tap lubricant, tap T handle and an air line to blow the shavings out.

Probably the task I was most worried about doing and it was actually pretty easy.

Photos of me working on it from the spare tire well.
Jeep Gladiator Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos 20200830_201658
Jeep Gladiator Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos 20200830_203759

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
No. I I just removed the spare, droop the read down to the ground and crawl under. Lots of room. Quick tip, leave the spare tire holder loose and place to the side or you will keep hitting it with your head.

If you droop the axle enough it is pretty spacious. The front two you have to work over the diff but it wasn't bad. Just have someone to pass you tools because once you are in there it is a pain to come back and forth. They provide the correct drill bit and tap. You need drill/tap lubricant, tap T handle and an air line to blow the shavings out.

Probably the task I was most worried about doing and it was actually pretty easy.

Photos of me working on it from the spare tire well.
20200830_201658.jpg
20200830_203759.jpg
Yah thats the part I am most worried about also. Glad to hear that it was not to difficult and went well for you. thanks for the tip :like:
Sponsored