Sponsored

Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Looks like you have a fair amount of rake ... have you measured to see the difference between the front and rear heights ?? I have this same kit, but concerned that the rake is excessive. Thanks
I too am curious of this, as I have heard that this lift tends to look nose heavy. Is it really a bad rake? Much difference over stock? Did you do before/after measurements?
Sponsored

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
With a winch and steel bumper on my 3" no limits lift I had to put in a Tera Flex 1.5" leveling kit to get rid of the rake. I really like how it sits now and it still rides awesome and tracks straight down the road.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
With a winch and steel bumper on my 3" no limits lift I had to put in a Tera Flex 1.5" leveling kit to get rid of the rake. I really like how it sits now and it still rides awesome and tracks straight down the road.
So about the same as stock...?

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I feel that mine rides better than stock after the lift and tires. I still have some adjustment on tire pressure to tweak as I think it is too high.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I feel that mine rides better than stock after the lift and tires. I still have some adjustment on tire pressure to tweak as I think it is too high.
Sorry, meant the rake... I’ve been going over all the reviews I can find, but nobody seems to talk about the rake.

Sponsored

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, meant the rake... I’ve been going over all the reviews I can find, but nobody seems to talk about the rake.
I will try to measure it tomorrow. It does have a rake but I like the look of how it is right now. When I put gear in bed it will level out.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
No, it was more than stock. I wish I would have taken measurements but it sits almost level now. Just down in the nose a bit.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I will try to measure it tomorrow. It does have a rake but I like the look of how it is right now. When I put gear in bed it will level out.
And it does look great by the way!

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too am curious of this, as I have heard that this lift tends to look nose heavy. Is it really a bad rake? Much difference over stock? Did you do before/after measurements?
Using a level at the center of the wheels pressed up against the underside of the wheel well I get 44-5/8" in the rear and 43-5/8" in the front. I do not have my full size spare in the bed or spare tire location (doing some work). With the spare tire and equipment for off roading like tools it should settle some. It looks like it has some rake to it. Putting a level on the bed or rock slider it does show the rear a bit higher but not terrible.

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Using a level at the center of the wheels pressed up against the underside of the wheel well I get 44-5/8" in the rear and 43-5/8" in the front. I do not have my full size spare in the bed or spare tire location (doing some work). With the spare tire and equipment for off roading like tools it should settle some. It looks like it has some rake to it. Putting a level on the bed or rock slider it does show the rear a bit higher but not terrible.
Measurements pre-lift were 40-7/8" in the rear and 40-1/4" in the front. (That was with the stock spare attached)

Sponsored

DMAN51

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
ReadyLift South Region Sales Mgr.
Awesome looking rig. Love your choice in wheels and tires. I just went with bead locks but regardless it looks great!

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome looking rig. Love your choice in wheels and tires. I just went with bead locks but regardless it looks great!
I couldn't justify the price right now. I love the fuel beadlocks. Wife said get these wheels and if you need the beadlocks later get them... Knew I loved her. Would get the red and get the beadlock ring powder coated black.

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm kinda surprised the truss is held in by just 2 ubolts vs welded.
There are 4 lugs on the top of the axle from casting that you drill out and tap. The kit comes with the drill bit and tap. There are 4 large bolts on the top as well as the u-bolts. They worked with Dana to set limits, 37" or smaller and you don't need to weld it. Heavy wheeling or over 37" and you have to weld. I had my alignment shop weld it when I had it aligned. Cost like $30 to have it welded while they had it for alignment.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
There are 4 lugs on the top of the axle from casting that you drill out and tap. The kit comes with the drill bit and tap. There are 4 large bolts on the top as well as the u-bolts. They worked with Dana to set limits, 37" or smaller and you don't need to weld it. Heavy wheeling or over 37" and you have to weld. I had my alignment shop weld it when I had it aligned. Cost like $30 to have it welded while they had it for alignment.
Got it, good to know
Sponsored