Sponsored

Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Last edited:

Skiborsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A truck
Measurements pre-lift were 40-7/8" in the rear and 40-1/4" in the front. (That was with the stock spare attached)
Is that on the 37s or including tires? That's 3.375" F and 3.75" R lift, which seems surprising for 33" to 37" (+2") and a 3" lift = closer to 5" one would think.

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that on the 37s or including tires? That's 3.375" F and 3.75" R lift, which seems surprising for 33" to 37" (+2") and a 3" lift = closer to 5" one would think.
After looking through my notes it is not the exact same height measurement. Was to the fastener in the fender in the before which is higher up. Hard to measure to that in after as tire sticks out (poor choice on my part). Also the NITTO Ridge Grapplers run smaller than 37", actually seem to be just under 36".

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't justify the price right now. I love the fuel beadlocks. Wife said get these wheels and if you need the beadlocks later get them... Knew I loved her. Would get the red and get the beadlock ring powder coated black.
I have these rims on mine and love the looks......Black Rhino Reno

88B89E2E-557E-41C9-BD73-1606FCF7AB61.jpeg

Jtschnel

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Sport Unlimited, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I love this thing now and it performs great. Was able to take it off-road this past weekend.

First Climb:

Steep descent, trailer hitch becomes skid plate:

Toughest climb I put the JT through:
Jeep Gladiator Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos 88B89E2E-557E-41C9-BD73-1606FCF7AB61
Some nice crawling!

Sponsored

AKGerman

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
Just got it back from alignment shop. The Rock Krawler kit is amazing, needed almost no adjustments. Just a couple Toe adjustments for the wheels. The setup of their measurements to set the adjustable components to is amazing, drove straight right away and alignment confirms that. Also got the rear 4 link truss welded for extra security.
Jeep Gladiator Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos 88B89E2E-557E-41C9-BD73-1606FCF7AB61
You use their shocks? Like them? I love the 4 link and the quality of the parts, but feel the shocks aren’t as stout as a King.

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You use their shocks? Like them? I love the 4 link and the quality of the parts, but feel the shocks aren’t as stout as a King.
I like them. They have been great on road and off. We have gone on some road trips and they are really nice. I have no experience with King Shocks so I can't comment much.

AKGerman

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
I like them. They have been great on road and off. We have gone on some road trips and they are really nice. I have no experience with King Shocks so I can't comment much.
Nice. I’ve got a Gobi JTR. Considering your wheels now too! Haven’t seen a Gobi with the red. I’m a Chiefs fan. So. It works. Lol. Just worried about weird looks on the trails out here in CO

OP
OP
fosgate

fosgate

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice. I’ve got a Gobi JTR. Considering your wheels now too! Haven’t seen a Gobi with the red. I’m a Chiefs fan. So. It works. Lol. Just worried about weird looks on the trails out here in CO
Everyone loves them. Really glad my wife and friend talked me into them. People love them on the trails too. I have scratched them up pretty good but knew that going in. Going to just touch them up because I will keep doing it.

AKGerman

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
Everyone loves them. Really glad my wife and friend talked me into them. People love them on the trails too. I have scratched them up pretty good but knew that going in. Going to just touch them up because I will keep doing it.
My wife loves them too. Haha. Would nicely compliment the tow receiver damage.
Jeep Gladiator Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos 7A06159E-C505-4279-956F-3C6C67666C8D

Sponsored

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not the person you asked the question to but I have the same lift in mine and I also went for the full Pro-X No Limits Stage 1 kit. I wasn't real sure about the RK Shocks that come with the kit at first but I wanted the whole kit and glad I did. The shocks are excellent quality rebuildable, rechargeable shocks. The ones that come with the kit are specifically tuned for this lift and the multi-stage springs. Any other shock you get will not be tuned for the springs and you'll have to have them tuned for it or just live with them. The stock springs are linear 1-stage and this kit are 3 and 4 stage and that makes a huge difference. Personally I love my setup. I have the Fox Racing steering stabilizer on and set fairly heavy, and with this kit I had them set my castor to +6 degrees and it tracks and drives as good as any IFS vehicle I've had.
As far as the lift, it's freaking awesome. It articulates through large off camber terrain with zero bind giving you a surprisingly smooth ride over stuff you would think would beat you to death. The 4 link setup on the back eliminates that squirrely feeling you get when going over whoops both on the highway and off roads. It was the best quality lift I could find and I was not dissapointed.
Only downside is this kit needs regular grease maintenance. There's quite a few zerks and you have to give it a grease over several times a year to keep any squeaks down. Something I don't mind at all.
I also don't mind the rake at all. It's pretty much the stock rake and I'm not putting a ton weight on the front to push it down. I've got the new SmittyBuilt XRC 9500 winch and the factory winch bumper and that's about it.

Jeep Gladiator Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos Gladiator112720-0192654

AKGerman

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Gas and ULSD consultant
I'm not the person you asked the question to but I have the same lift in mine and I also went for the full Pro-X No Limits Stage 1 kit. I wasn't real sure about the RK Shocks that come with the kit at first but I wanted the whole kit and glad I did. The shocks are excellent quality rebuildable, rechargeable shocks. The ones that come with the kit are specifically tuned for this lift and the multi-stage springs. Any other shock you get will not be tuned for the springs and you'll have to have them tuned for it or just live with them. The stock springs are linear 1-stage and this kit are 3 and 4 stage and that makes a huge difference. Personally I love my setup. I have the Fox Racing steering stabilizer on and set fairly heavy, and with this kit I had them set my castor to +6 degrees and it tracks and drives as good as any IFS vehicle I've had.
As far as the lift, it's freaking awesome. It articulates through large off camber terrain with zero bind giving you a surprisingly smooth ride over stuff you would think would beat you to death. The 4 link setup on the back eliminates that squirrely feeling you get when going over whoops both on the highway and off roads. It was the best quality lift I could find and I was not dissapointed.
Only downside is this kit needs regular grease maintenance. There's quite a few zerks and you have to give it a grease over several times a year to keep any squeaks down. Something I don't mind at all.
I also don't mind the rake at all. It's pretty much the stock rake and I'm not putting a ton weight on the front to push it down. I've got the new SmittyBuilt XRC 9500 winch and the factory winch bumper and that's about it.

Jeep Gladiator Just Finished Rock Krawler Pro-X lift and new wheels and tires- Added offroad videos Gladiator112720-0192654
Thanks for that through review. You replacing the driveshafts? At least the front? How about axles? Switch out chromaly? Rocksport steering system? Thanks. New to all this

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I have had my Gladiator since august of 2019 and I love it. Finally got all the pieces to my lift kit and wheels in. The lift kit and new wheels make it look like a totally different truck and it is awesome. I went with a Rock Krawler 3" Pro-X no limits lift with 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Fuel Covert 17" wheels (not Covid's, nice catch EstoJTR). I did the lift myself with some technical assistance from a friend. I started a Friday evening and was done Sunday night. This thing is a beast now!

Added some off road videos: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-tires-added-offroad-videos.34436/post-576197
Looks good. Im not a fan of red wheels but it works on yours. What offset on the wheels?

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for that through review. You replacing the driveshafts? At least the front? How about axles? Switch out chromaly? Rocksport steering system? Thanks. New to all this
No need for new driveshafts with this kit. If I decide to run 40's I may address the steering with hydrualic assist, and so far I'm good with the axle shafts. In my JKR I went through a number of axle shafts but I did much more aggressive rock crawling with it. It was also not new and I wasn't afraid to beat it up. I'm trying not to damage this one too badly at least for a year or two, then all bets are off. If I start wheeling hard enough to twist axle shafts on the JT I'll just go to 60's. People wheel pretty hard on these JTs with 40's and don't have any issues. They are pretty stout.

I do have the Fox Factory Race Series ATS 2.0 steering stabilizer, and I also have hydraulic bump stops in the front like the Mojave has. I can slam it pretty hard and it'll absorb the impact.

Last edited: