Sponsored

Just got out of dealership hell, how's your local affiliate?

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
@JeepCares

Here's the time line...
Sep 2022 Noticed rear window leak from the top of the window. (Warranty issue)
Nov 2022 At the dealership for a week to seal rear window. (Sent to local auto-glass place by dealership for work.)
Dec 2022 Noticed rear window still leaked.
Early Jan 2023 Made appointment 1 month in advance.
Feb 13, 2023 Brought in for scheduled appointment (over a month in advance). Was told someone would call the next day.
Feb 14, 2023 No calls, I called and left messages, no replies.
Feb 15, 2023 No calls, I called and left messages, no replies.
Feb 16, 2023 I went to dealership, Truck had not even been looked at. Manager AWOL.
Feb 16, 2023 late in the day truck taken back to local glass shop. Rear glass needs replaced. Dealership needed to order new glass. Brought truck home.
Feb 20, 2023 Received call replacement glass had arrived.
Feb 22, 2023 Dropped truck off at dealership at 07:00.
Feb 23, 2023 No calls, I called numerous times left messages no returned calls.
Feb 23, 2023 late in the day I called auto glass shop. Here's what I was told...Dealership authorized old rear glass to be taken out and was broken doing so (common). The dealership brought the replacement glass. When auto glass shop opened box new window was in they noticed it was broken. Truck stuck at auto glass shop until dealership orders new glass.
Feb 24, 2023 Went to dealership surprisingly nobody familiar with my case was at the dealership.
Feb 24-March 1, 2023 I called multiple times and was transferred to voicemail, left numerous messages. Only updates came from auto glass shop.
Mar 2, 2023 Received call from dealership truck was done. Picked up truck. Broken glass everywhere in the truck. So pissed I just picked it up and left.

This is the process for getting an issue warrantied at a Jeep dealership in Albuquerque, NM. Keep in mind this was not a major mechanical warranty job. It was a rear freaking window replacement that a pre-schooler could see needed to be fixed. Yes I called corporate and filed a complaint.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Mines excellent to work with. Almost 20yrs of doing business with them and never had a issue other than a lemon on a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee that the dealership suggested a buy back on and heavily discounted our next Vehicle we bought from them to cover any inconveniences we had. Love the service department as well. They have always taken care of us and they service all my vehicles. I've bought at least 6 vehicles from them in the last 20yrs. Hendricks DJR in Concord NC, and Hendricks Imports in Charlotte NC. It may not be my cheapest option but I'll pay for piece of mine, especially since I'm not that good at working on major components on a vehicle.

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
Mine is a joke. The Jeep service advisor is rude and doesn’t return phone calls, and they try to deflect any warranty issue as normal.

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
@JeepCares

Here's the time line...
Sep 2022 Noticed rear window leak from the top of the window. (Warranty issue)
Nov 2022 At the dealership for a week to seal rear window. (Sent to local auto-glass place by dealership for work.)
Dec 2022 Noticed rear window still leaked.
Early Jan 2023 Made appointment 1 month in advance.
Feb 13, 2023 Brought in for scheduled appointment (over a month in advance). Was told someone would call the next day.
Feb 14, 2023 No calls, I called and left messages, no replies.
Feb 15, 2023 No calls, I called and left messages, no replies.
Feb 16, 2023 I went to dealership, Truck had not even been looked at. Manager AWOL.
Feb 16, 2023 late in the day truck taken back to local glass shop. Rear glass needs replaced. Dealership needed to order new glass. Brought truck home.
Feb 20, 2023 Received call replacement glass had arrived.
Feb 22, 2023 Dropped truck off at dealership at 07:00.
Feb 23, 2023 No calls, I called numerous times left messages no returned calls.
Feb 23, 2023 late in the day I called auto glass shop. Here's what I was told...Dealership authorized old rear glass to be taken out and was broken doing so (common). The dealership brought the replacement glass. When auto glass shop opened box new window was in they noticed it was broken. Truck stuck at auto glass shop until dealership orders new glass.
Feb 24, 2023 Went to dealership surprisingly nobody familiar with my case was at the dealership.
Feb 24-March 1, 2023 I called multiple times and was transferred to voicemail, left numerous messages. Only updates came from auto glass shop.
Mar 2, 2023 Received call from dealership truck was done. Picked up truck. Broken glass everywhere in the truck. So pissed I just picked it up and left.

This is the process for getting an issue warrantied at a Jeep dealership in Albuquerque, NM. Keep in mind this was not a major mechanical warranty job. It was a rear freaking window replacement that a pre-schooler could see needed to be fixed. Yes I called corporate and filed a complaint.
This may be becoming normal. I had a 3 month long ordeal for a radio issue. I walked away with a used radio and the issue still unresolved.

Sponsored

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
Mine is decent, but I set my expectations pretty low.
I set my expectations low too. Then I kneeled on the ground to see where my expectations were and the dealer kicked me in the face. 😄

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I set my expectations low too. Then I kneeled on the ground to see where my expectations were and the dealer kicked me in the face. 😄
Ouch 🤣

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
I have some faith in my dealerships service department. They knocked out my steering gearbox replacement on the first try. No funny wear on the tires and it drives perfectly now. I think they let the their kids do the easy stuff and real technicians do the heavy work.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Well had a little issue sat. arrived at 1130 for a noon appt.
Service guy says my appointment was at 11 we close at noon. Hmm broke out the appointment confirmation.
Yup noon (est.) wtf we both are located in the same time zone central time .Why the fk is appt. scheduled on eastern time ?

Now to brag on the service manager who just emailed me.
Would you like to come in SAT. and what time ?
Way to go JOE LUCIANNI best service manager ever.
He has taken care of all factory warranty items with no questions.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
red/green hawk

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Mine is a joke. The Jeep service advisor is rude and doesn’t return phone calls, and they try to deflect any warranty issue as normal.
I should add that during everything the service adviser told me he tried calling but my phone went right to voicemail and that my mailbox was full and he couldn't leave a message. That's funny I told him because my mom had just called and left a message and she was the only one whose message was saved in the mailbox. Then I asked him to call my phone and guess what, the call went right through. I've noticed that lying about calling and using the mailbox is full is SOP.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Our has been goods so far. No major issues yet though. Had a puddle of water on the drivers side floor. Called the dealership. Said they had an opening the next day. Dropped off the night before, they called at noon the next day and said it was repaired.

Daughter was there getting her oil changed, was having an issue with one of the taillights. She asked the service tech, he took a quick look and told her what the issue was and how to fix it. Said, if you father is handy at all have him do x,y,z and then I won't have to charge you to fix it.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Luckily our dealership is one of the better ones and seems to care about customer service.

... in regards to the window leak. Mine did the same as with many others. I found way too many horror stories online to the fact that the dealerships punt this to a third party glass company ... at that point you're at the mercy of that company and whether they are truly qualified to deal with this replacement. I opted to tuck in a small backer rod and seal the top and side of the window with a Black Polyurethane ... no leaks since.

Jeep Gladiator Just got out of dealership hell, how's your local affiliate? jtwindow2

Given your experience, I would almost be inclined to invest the time and contact Jeep until you get the right ear and vent ... demand some sort of compensation per all of the bullshit you were put through. Most likely will go no where, but at least your dealership will be on their record.

I know for a fact this isn't just a Jeep thing ... the OEM's need to start giving a shit on how their customers are being treated!

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Our has been goods so far. No major issues yet though. Had a puddle of water on the drivers side floor. Called the dealership. Said they had an opening the next day. Dropped off the night before, they called at noon the next day and said it was repaired.

Daughter was there getting her oil changed, was having an issue with one of the taillights. She asked the service tech, he took a quick look and told her what the issue was and how to fix it. Said, if you father is handy at all have him do x,y,z and then I won't have to charge you to fix it.
Mine has the same leak, water on drivers side floor, happens at car wash and when raining. Did the dealership tell you where it was coming in from?

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
They said the door gasket had a small rip/tear somewhere. They replaced the gasket and all fixed.
Sponsored