Sponsored

Just got tires for Christmas!! Help me pick wheels.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
Hey guys, very excited obviously.

My in-laws shocked me and got me 4 285/70r17 BFG K02s for christmas to go on my Sport. I have been wanting to get the stock dueler HTs off ever since I bought the truck.

I am thinking about going ahead with some wheels when I get them installed. Would like some opinions/photos on what to go with and what would look best with my black JT. Wondering about what offset is best as well should I get some. Also, will I have to buy TPMS, and where can I source that?

Another option is to save the money for another hobby and put the tires on the stock wheels, which is kind of tempting. My wife gave me the N-fab tube steps, and my parents got me a set of cowl spotlights among other things!
I am well on my way.

6AC77DD1-7EE8-4D9F-BEE3-ADEF18A346D2.jpeg
Thanks guys! Merry Christmas!
I'd recommend the Quadratec '41 wheel in gunmetal grey. They'd look good in the other colors, too, but I think gunmetal would look great on that Jeep!

Those tires are outstanding, IMO. I've run them in 285 on my JK (take-offs from my 2018 JLUR) and they've been outstanding in every way, on and off-road. I also had a 315/70/17 set, as well. Again, they were outstanding.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Define limited?
I think what he meant is that you’re fine if you’re doing a reasonably larger tire on stock wheels, but when you start going a lot wider and larger diameter, the wheel width and offset limit you.

Sponsored

jeremy342

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I think what he meant is that you’re fine if you’re doing a reasonably larger tire on stock wheels, but when you start going a lot wider and larger diameter, the wheel width and offset limit you.
exactly. in tall skinny tires there isnt much. if the rim was say 8.5" instead of 7.5" there are a lot more options, like 12.5"+ wide tires. there are people who have said it works, but most places say its not recommended to use a 12.5" wide tire on a 7.5" rim.

OP
OP
GoBraves95

GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
I'd recommend the Quadratec '41 wheel in gunmetal grey. They'd look good in the other colors, too, but I think gunmetal would look great on that Jeep!

Those tires are outstanding, IMO. I've run them in 285 on my JK (take-offs from my 2018 JLUR) and they've been outstanding in every way, on and off-road. I also had a 315/70/17 set, as well. Again, they were outstanding.
That’s great to hear. I love the older school look of the treads vs some of the other AT offerings, and the feedback on them performance wise seem to be overwhelmingly positive.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
exactly. in tall skinny tires there isnt much. if the rim was say 8.5" instead of 7.5" there are a lot more options, like 12.5"+ wide tires. there are people who have said it works, but most places say its not recommended to use a 12.5" wide tire on a 7.5" rim.
I’m just pissed that I put 285/70/18s on my stock suspension Overland/Overland wheels and read afterward that 295/70/18s fit with no rubbing. 🤣

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
my biggest problem with this, is they are limited due to the 7.5" width. its too bad stock wasnt just a bit wider
Agreed. For once, I actually really liked my stocks rims, but it made me nervous putting a 37 x 12.5 tire on them. I know guys do it, and many have no problems. But we just go to some pretty remote locations when we offroad, and I won't chance having a couple tires fail. That's one tow bill I can't afford.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Here we go guys! Actually love the stock rims with bigger tires. Those street tires just made them look worse than they are. Thanks again for the input everyone. Also added the side steps and cube lights.

Jeep Gladiator Just got tires for Christmas!! Help me pick wheels. 2A73C7D2-4700-4C28-AC1E-412AA8A00956

Jeep Gladiator Just got tires for Christmas!! Help me pick wheels. 2A73C7D2-4700-4C28-AC1E-412AA8A00956
Looks great. Those tires really changed the look. Cubes look good too!

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
The side steps and tires look great! It looks like a different Jeep. I like the old school white letters out.

SkyKing

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I have 285s on my stock Overland 18s and I really like the look. It looks like yours is a sport and probably came with silver wheels so that changes everything. If mine had silver wheels, I’d either power coat them dark gray like mine or go AEV. I’ve always loved their wheels and they off them in different colors.

https://www.aev-conversions.com/product-category/jt-gladiator/
can you provide more info on your 285 tires ? I’ve got a stock Overland and wold like a wider tire but don’t want a rough ride and more road noise. Thnx!
Sponsored