Sponsored

Just looked my truck up on the mopar site...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
yea they sure have figured out how to turn us gladiator owners against each other !
Do you have a 2021? For 2020, I have yet to see a sticker payload higher than the book! NOT MARKETING - I mean the OWNER MANUAL.
We've proven those marketing things wrong in other threads last year.
Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if it affects the sales of overland because they come in under the 6000 lb GVWR mark and canā€™t be used as a tax write off. I saved almost 10 grand in taxes in 2019 because I purchased my gladiator. That was the easiest sale on getting her to buy anything lol.
Oh don't get me started! It was almost the deal killer for me. I was thinking I would be doing that deduction because I drive it for my sales and real estate investments. But dang it that door sticker (there we go with that doggone door sticker again!) said 5,800 lbs GVWR. I even called my accountant, and after some discussion I decided to just take the mileage because it's a lot and would end up being about the same savings over the years without having to keep track of so many receipts. That freed me up in my mind to get my truck, but I've got to say I still wonder if that was the smartest move tax-wise.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Do you have a 2021? For 2020, I have yet to see a sticker payload higher than the book! NOT MARKETING - I mean the OWNER MANUAL.
We've proven those marketing things wrong in other threads last year.

Oddly enough, Payload seems to be the one thing you CAN'T find in the owners manual. The owners manual for my 2020 JTR has GCWR, Frontal Area, MAX Gross Trailer Weight, Max Trailer Tongue weight. No payload though.

Jeep Gladiator Just looked my truck up on the mopar site... 1603441990228

However, the owners manual specifically outlines these values as Maximums and since these values align to the spec sheet I had posted in a previous comment, it could be assumed all values listed in that spec sheet area also maximums as their values align with these.

With that educated assumption, you could chose to apply that theory to the payload values in the spec sheet thus stating those are maximum payload numbers. However, @danielspivey and myself have already shown that our payload numbers are greater than those shown in that spec sheet.

So which numbers are to be believed?

With something so critical, yet seemingly easy to define, why is there such an issue giving clear, consistent values to the customers?

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Everyone,

Please refer to the inside of your door, as well as your Owner's Manual, for accurate towing information.

If there was a discrepancy in the towing numbers shown on the Mopar site in comparison with the aforementioned materials, please message us with your VIN.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Lives The Dream

First Name
Meericole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 cj5, 1995 YJ, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT
Everyone,

Please refer to the inside of your door, as well as your Owner's Manual, for accurate towing information.

If there was a discrepancy in the towing numbers shown on the Mopar site in comparison with the aforementioned materials, please message us with your VIN.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
First the door jamb sticker never mentions tow rating numbers and second it appears almost every one has discrepancy between the Mopar website per the specific VIN and what is provided for everyone generically via the ownerā€™s manual.
The only question I believe was whether Mopar site was providing accurate info per the specific VIN, and if not, where does this disinformation originate and why does Mopar publish it?
So it appears you are saying the website is wrong and should be ignored? Just want an official clarification, thanks.
@JeepCares

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
First the door jamb sticker never mentions tow rating numbers and second it appears almost every one has discrepancy between the Mopar website per the specific VIN and what is provided for everyone generically via the ownerā€™s manual.
The only question I believe was whether Mopar site was providing accurate info per the specific VIN, and if not, where does this disinformation originate and why does Mopar publish it?
So it appears you are saying the website is wrong and should be ignored? Just want an official clarification, thanks.
@JeepCares
I sent @JeepCares my vin, what the book says (printed and PDF version) and a shot of what the MOPAR dot com site shows me a few weeks ago. A difference of 331 pounds.
We'll see what they say.

As you said - the door jamb sticker does not show TOWING capacity, it only shows axle ratings, GVWR and payload.
I triple-checked that.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I sent @JeepCares my vin, what the book says (printed and PDF version) and a shot of what the MOPAR dot com site shows me a few weeks ago. A difference of 331 pounds.
We'll see what they say.

As you said - the door jamb sticker does not show TOWING capacity, it only shows axle ratings, GVWR and payload.
I triple-checked that.
I sent them a PM too... lets see how this goes! My guess is weeks before we hear back... if we hear back. If by the faintest chance we do hear back, I imagine itā€™ll be something like ā€œrefer to the specifications of your manualā€ and not address the website data.
Sponsored