First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government
Ordered Sarge Green Sport S MaxTow w SelecTrac 1/2/21. Received Priced Order Confirmation and VIN today 1/12/21. Status D. Dealer thinks might be built this week already, can’t wait.
Where do you find the status? Is that something the dealer sees or is there a site I can go to and see mine?
Sponsored

Burton79

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government
Where do you find the status? Is that something the dealer sees or is there a site I can go to and see mine?
Disregard, I chatted with Jeep Cares and they show it as scheduled, told me to check back next week as it may move to build status.

Shoebox

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
So maybe the more crap you add, the longer it'll take just to gather parts? I'm 1 day shy of 4 weeks and still in D status. My soft top build inlcudes bedliners, trail cam, aux switch, steel bumper and everything else except matching colored fenders. Had no idea that was how this works. I don't know anything about car manufacturing but this seems to be highly inefficient process.
I watched the Gladiator factory build videos on YouTube. Looks pretty efficient to me. Looks like any options integral to the interior/dash (aux switches, adaptive cruise, etc) all get pre-assembled and then the complete dash, firewall-back, get installed as a complete unit.
Disregard, I chatted with Jeep Cares and they show it as scheduled, told me to check back next week as it may move to build status.
When did you order? I checked with Jeep chat today, and was told all the parts are available and ready but could stay in that status for up to 30 days. I asked what status code that was, and he told me they can't see that anymore, which seemed strange.

Sponsored

Burton79

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government
I watched the Gladiator factory build videos on YouTube. Looks pretty efficient to me. Looks like any options integral to the interior/dash (aux switches, adaptive cruise, etc) all get pre-assembled and then the complete dash, firewall-back, get installed as a complete unit.

When did you order? I checked with Jeep chat today, and was told all the parts are available and ready but could stay in that status for up to 30 days. I asked what status code that was, and he told me they can't see that anymore, which seemed strange.

I ordered on my Birthday, 12/26. On the 29th I got the VIN from my dealership. When I talked to Maurice at the Jeep chat tonight he said it was a D Status. After he asked me if there was anything else he could help me with I asked him about certain changes I made after I ordered to which he replied he could not see that. He then said check back this time next week because it looks ready to gate, which I’m assuming is gate line build start.

Shoebox

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
I ordered on my Birthday, 12/26. On the 29th I got the VIN from my dealership. When I talked to Maurice at the Jeep chat tonight he said it was a D Status. After he asked me if there was anything else he could help me with I asked him about certain changes I made after I ordered to which he replied he could not see that. He then said check back this time next week because it looks ready to gate, which I’m assuming is gate line build start.
That's funny, "Maurice" is who told me today that they can't see build status codes anymore. 🤔

"Maurice (1/15/2021, 4:51:10 PM): We unfortunately no longer have status codes at customer care, only the description of the status. This is the stage right before we start building the gladiator as all of your assigned parts and materials have arrived. For the actual status code, your factory ordering dealership will be able to provide you this. I'm sorry that we do not have that information at customer care."

Darrin NC

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Rav 4 Highlander, Corolla XSE
Occupation
self
ordered 9-26 Willys manual hrd top few more options..'
no sign of it yet.....

Burton79

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government
That's funny, "Maurice" is who told me today that they can't see build status codes anymore. 🤔

"Maurice (1/15/2021, 4:51:10 PM): We unfortunately no longer have status codes at customer care, only the description of the status. This is the stage right before we start building the gladiator as all of your assigned parts and materials have arrived. For the actual status code, your factory ordering dealership will be able to provide you this. I'm sorry that we do not have that information at customer care."

Hmm, I wonder why the difference. I called my dealership earlier and they never got back to me. I had altered my build taking the convenience package off and adding the auxiliary switches and wanting to find out the status of my request. I should have taken a photo or something because my Maurice said they couldn’t give details of any changes, just let customers know where the builds/status’ are.

Sponsored

JoeJeep74

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys 2dr
Occupation
Service Advisor
My dealer provided me a copy of a “Priced Order Confirmation “ from Jeep. It gave me that information plus a build option list with MSRP and invoice pricing. Most customers won’t get the full sheet, but I worked 20 years or so for a now closed Chrysler Jeep dealer.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
My dealer provided me a copy of a “Priced Order Confirmation “ from Jeep. It gave me that information plus a build option list with MSRP and invoice pricing. Most customers won’t get the full sheet, but I worked 20 years or so for a now closed Chrysler Jeep dealer.
Most peeps on here get a POC so they can see invoice price to make sure they got the deal the bargained for.

JoeJeep74

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys 2dr
Occupation
Service Advisor
Most peeps on here get a POC so they can see invoice price to make sure they got the deal the bargained for.
When I left the dealer system any paperwork with invoice figures was kept under lock and key. Of course, that was about 18 years ago. How times change.

F3Orangeman

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTOD, ’02 F-150 SCrew
Occupation
Stay-at-Home Financial Analyst (thanks to COVID)
After seeing some movement on this forum recently, I checked in with my dealer on Wednesday... still waiting on parts. Chatted Jeep this afternoon, and lo and behold, all parts have been procured and my JT build is being scheduled! :rock:
Sponsored