Sponsored

Kanati Trail Hogs, Patagonia MT, and Nitto Ridge Grapplers

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I am running the 38" Patagonias on Dirty Life beadlock wheels as well and have no complaints. These are quiet but like Desert Outlaw stated, these are a crown tire that must be inflated to the factory specs. I have a friend that runs the Everyman Challenge at the King of the Hammers and he runs these on his vehicle and has not had a tire failure. His co-driver is the factory rep and when I got these he couldn't stress proper inflation enough. I will be running the spare in the bed with a bed-mounted (drill through the floor) ratchet strap mount. Got the mount some time ago but I haven't put it in the bed yet.
IMG_5659.jpg
I have never heard the term "crown tire" as you both mentioned. I am assuming that means you don't want to run them at lower pressures like other tires so the Pats ride more in the center of the tread pattern? I don't see this mentioned anywhere on Milestar's website. What psi are you guys running your Milestar tires at?
Sponsored

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I have never heard the term "crown tire" as you both mentioned. I am assuming that means you don't want to run them at lower pressures like other tires so the Pats ride more in the center of the tread pattern? I don't see this mentioned anywhere on Milestar's website. What psi are you guys running your Milestar tires at?
This is an excerpt from an email I received from one of the company's representatives: "Our tire is designed to have more of a crown to it when driving on the road at the OE pressure. Knowing this, the least pressure we would recommend for the vehicle you drive would be 34 PSI on the road."

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
This is an excerpt from an email I received from one of the company's representatives: "Our tire is designed to have more of a crown to it when driving on the road at the OE pressure. Knowing this, the least pressure we would recommend for the vehicle you drive would be 34 PSI on the road."
Thanks. They cranked mine up to 41 and they are definitely domed in the center so I know they need some air out but I do like the added height lol. I think I'm going to drop the pressure a bit and change my tire size with JSCAN. Thanks again.

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
Thanks. They cranked mine up to 41 and they are definitely domed in the center so I know they need some air out but I do like the added height lol. I think I'm going to drop the pressure a bit and change my tire size with JSCAN. Thanks again.
I consider that a "hot" pressure. As you know, in AZ our temps go up a few pounds once the tires are heated up on the road. Generally a "cold" pressure of 32 will yield a 34 "hot" pressure, at least according to TPMS and the dash reading.

OP
OP
Scruf

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 TJ, 2017 Honda CRF250L
Occupation
Automotive Product Quality Engineer
So as a follow up, I mentioned I decided on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I decided to take some decibel readings at 45mph and 75mph, with both the stock H/T tires and then with the Ridge Grapplers to see how much louder they actually are. Any ways, just wanted to share for anyone considering these in the future.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scruf

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I agree. For me, the reality is I'll spend vastly more time on the road than off, so I'll get more benefit from less road noise than I would additional off-road traction.

I'm headed out to Cape Lookout on the OBX in a couple of wheels and will be towing an adventure trailer for camping on the beach. I anticipate these doing very well, but if there are any surprises I'll post a follow up.

I'll also mention these bad boys are heavy. Mounted on my 17x8.5 Icon Rebound wheels, the combo weighed in at 101. Compared with the stock tires on 18" Overland wheels at 61 lbs.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
So as a follow up, I mentioned I decided on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I decided to take some decibel readings at 45mph and 75mph, with both the stock H/T tires and then with the Ridge Grapplers to see how much louder they actually are. Any ways, just wanted to share for anyone considering these in the future.

Nice video. Thank you. Just curious if you adjusted your speedo for the new 35s? If not your 75mph test was probably closer to 80mph. I doubt it would make much difference in the test results but just curious.

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
I consider that a "hot" pressure. As you know, in AZ our temps go up a few pounds once the tires are heated up on the road. Generally a "cold" pressure of 32 will yield a 34 "hot" pressure, at least according to TPMS and the dash reading.
This happens in NJ too :). I noticed 3-4psi increases during the hottest days of July.

OP
OP
Scruf

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nice video. Thank you. Just curious if you adjusted your speedo for the new 35s? If not your 75mph test was probably closer to 80mph. I doubt it would make much difference in the test results but just curious.
Yes I did, used a Tazer.

Sponsored

25rawls

First Name
Bj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
@FLUndertacker if you feel up to it and have time to check real world height once mounted with the 37s, I would appreciate it. I have 35x12.50r17 ridge grapplers on 17x9 and they measure just over 33 inches. Tires are great but I am disappointed in size.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
@FLUndertacker if you feel up to it and have time to check real world height once mounted with the 37s, I would appreciate it. I have 35x12.50r17 ridge grapplers on 17x9 and they measure just over 33 inches. Tires are great but I am disappointed in size.
35 7/8” real world on 9.5” wheel. I believe Nitto claimed 36.1”. Sorry for the crappy phono but it was dark when I got home. I will verify over the weekend I was on the highest point of the tire and correct if necessary.

F352B34E-4089-481C-A25A-9BD7DD65C062.jpeg

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
What did you decide? I'm putting the 38 Pats with 4.00 backspacing wheels on my Gladiator and trying to figure out where to put my spare. Did you try the 38s on the stock suspension? I have a lift coming, just seeing if it could work temporary until lift is installed.
@JeepnJam I found a 37" used Open Country R/T locally for $150 and will be using it as my spare. I waited for my suspension to be installed before running 38s.

Two weeks ago, I had a valve stem come out while airing up some 80 miles from home. I decided to drive the front tires at 37 #psi and the rear tires at 15#psi from Twentynine Palms to Riverside - 80 miles and when I got home, the rear tires were scuffed up from low pressure in 100° weather/160° asphalt. These tires are at 6K miles and once they're done, I will run the KM3 - likely the 39.5".

25rawls

First Name
Bj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
35 7/8” real world on 9.5” wheel. I believe Nitto claimed 36.1”. Sorry for the crappy phono but it was dark when I got home. I will verify over the weekend I was on the highest point of the tire and correct if necessary.

Jeep Gladiator Kanati Trail Hogs, Patagonia MT, and Nitto Ridge Grapplers F352B34E-4089-481C-A25A-9BD7DD65C062
Appreciate you taking the time to do that!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

2 things,
1: what stock tire did you have the AT or MT?

2: can you buy the patagonias and do another decibel test? :LOL:
Sponsored