First Name
dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Occupation
bah
Running the line low like that will have a siphon effect. The tank up front is fairly high, if the fluid is high in the tank, then once you use the rear washer, there's fluid in the line and lowering the tailgate will cause that fluid to run out, "pulling" fluid from the tank. Same principal I used to drain our pool down each fall (when we still had it, I gave it away). I started the flow with a small pump, then lowered the end of the hose over the edge of the deck and the water continued to flow as long as the end of the hose was lower than the water level in the pool.

Would be nice to have a dual-pump reservoir like my SX4 has - one pump for the rear window washer, the other for the windshield. Same tank, two pumps, two switches. Likely wouldn't take much at all to make a setup like that in these - but you'd have to tap into the tank for another pump.

Oh, a check valve won't work because the problem is continued flow, not flow back to the tank. Check valves are one-way valves as you know - you need the flow going BACK, a check valve would prevent flow to the front, and that's not your problem, siphoning effect is the problem here. Running the hose higher so that when you stop "Squirting" the fluid would run back into the tank and there'd be air in the line, breaking the siphon.
Either that, or a type of valve that takes a bit of pressure to open it, and it would prevent any siphoning as there's no real pressure to that.
Yep, I was thinking the same thing; I actually just finished making an adjustment that seems to have fixed it. I ran the line higher up in to the truck bed then back down. Just gave it a try and dropped the bed, no more drip!
Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
i know this is an old thread, but i too hate how dirty the rear camera gets. i finally ran a hose back off main washer, drilled a small hole for a 90 into the camera housing and there ya go.
Slight problem, it does drip when the rear bed is down, but that is far less of an inconvenience that the dirty camera.

jeep camera washer.jpg
Nice! Where did you pick up the 90? Any issues with it wanting to swivel?