First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
My brother owns a shop where he does lifts, tires, wheels, etc.... He picked up the Mopar Lift from the Jeep dealer and I got to his shop around 4:30p on install day.

It was just him and me. And unless I read the directions, I just do what I'm told and stay out of the way.

I left his shop with the lift installed around 8:30p. This includes him stopping to help other customers, him eating dinner, and me mostly standing around waiting on direction.

Can't imagine more than 5-6 labor hours and that should include alignment.
Do you mind sharing the location of the shop via PM? Trying to find one in Gwinnett or Forsyth county.

Paull0426

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Lifts on these things are super easy did my 2” iron rock In about an hour and A half

OP
OP
Proteus

Proteus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
The issue is not so much that I cant do it myself, its that to keep the warranty on the truck in tact it has to be done at the dealership

DaleG

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.disinfecting4u.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 Infiniti QX50, 2015 Cruisers Yacht 45 Cantius
Occupation
Self Employed
The issue is not so much that I cant do it myself, its that to keep the warranty on the truck in tact it has to be done at the dealership
No it does not. Do you think you void your warranty on your engine by doing your own oil changes? Someone is blowing smoke up your ass if that is what they told you.

Sponsored

CTFriel

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
The only items that wouldn’t be warrantied would be the components you change. Also no reason to get an alignment (beyond setting toe)

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prevents this. If it can be proven that you caused the issue, sure. But doing the work yourself does not void a warranty.

But they have to prove that you were the cause and that cause is directly related to the issue.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Mopar lift is probably the easiest lift to do because there ain’t much to do.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
$450 to install from my dealer.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prevents this. If it can be proven that you caused the issue, sure. But doing the work yourself does not void a warranty.

But they have to prove that you were the cause and that cause is directly related to the issue.
They will absolutely bury you if you actually go to court over Magnuson. The burden isn't proof that the modification caused the failure, only that there is reasonable belief the modification led to the failure. Going to court/arbitration will waste a massive amount of your time because they have an army of lawyers and experts to explain how you fucked up.

@Proteus give some calls outside the DC area because DC has too much money flowing through it. Martinsburg, WV or even parts of PA are within two hours and well worth saving the coin. Can probably get a better deal closer if you try Manassas and other parts south.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Do you mind sharing the location of the shop via PM? Trying to find one in Gwinnett or Forsyth county.
There are a number of good shops in the metro area. I've personally had good luck with Georgia Jeep Tech up in Cumming. If I remember correctly their shop rate is $109/hour. Give the owner Jon a call and he'll give you a quote.

Later,
Johnny

Wilkerbeast

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom Edition
Occupation
Aviation Technician
Vehicle Showcase
My son works at a Jeep dealer, I asked him the same question. He said they charge $25 an hour for 8 hours. Not sure why it would take that long. Check different dealers. The 4 hours sounds more believable.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
My son works at a Jeep dealer, I asked him the same question. He said they charge $25 an hour for 8 hours. Not sure why it would take that long. Check different dealers. The 4 hours sounds more believable.
Your son gets paid $25 an hour for 8 hours but shop rate is going to be at least 4-5 times that at a minimum.

IMO 8 hours is unreasonable but it's not uncommon. We (being Jeep dealership techs) used to book 8 hours for a full kit with steering, mount & balance 5 tires, an a quick toe alignment on TJs back in the day but those were also generally shiny new Rubicons going to the sales floor... customer lifts varied. 4 hours is a reasonable price but since lift kits don't have a book rate, you're at the dealership's mercy in the end.

Reactions: Mac

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Your son gets paid $25 an hour for 8 hours but shop rate is going to be at least 4-5 times that at a minimum.

IMO 8 hours is unreasonable but it's not uncommon. We (being Jeep dealership techs) used to book 8 hours for a full kit with steering, mount & balance 5 tires, an a quick toe alignment on TJs back in the day but those were also generally shiny new Rubicons going to the sales floor... customer lifts varied. 4 hours is a reasonable price but since lift kits don't have a book rate, you're at the dealership's mercy in the end.
8 hours is unreasonable for the Mopar lift which doesn’t actually have any adjustable arms and or track are. 4 hours is the max you should pay.
Sponsored