Launch Edition ship date?

enigmaverse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited
Then they better get the winner his soon! They are going to be piling up.. My dealers LE is sitting with a ship date of 5/16 and he’s still in D1.
Sponsored

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee, Trackhawk, RAM DT,
^^^^

As for the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, we have been getting several e-mails from people who ordered them being confused about the actual “launch” of the Launch Edition. Several people who ordered the Launch Edition models assumed they would be among the first of the public to receive their Gladiators. However, even though one would assume that would be the case, the Launch Edition officially began production at the Toledo Supplier Park in Toledo, Ohio on Tuesday, May 14th.

For those who aren’t familiar with the Launch Edition, it features a unique forged aluminum tailgate badge, 17-inch Mid-Gloss Black aluminum wheels, 33-inch Falken Wildpeak All-Terrain tires, a wrapped instrument panel mid-bolster painted in Monaco Silver and black leather seats with red accent stitching.

JP020_337GLtimg93klf3fslcrnn8ot1r15mg.jpg

2020 Jeep® Gladiator Launch Edition. (Jeep).
Available in Black, Bright White, Billet Silver Metallic, Firecracker Red and Granite Crystal Metallic, the Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition features a body-color hardtop and fender flares. Standard features include LED head and taillights, an 8.4-inch touchscreen, a nine-speaker Alpine premium sound system, keyless entry, Forward Facing TrailCam camera, Blind-spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Path detection, ParkSense rear park assist system, Advanced Brake Assist, Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop, Trail Rail Cargo Management System, spray-in bed liner and Trailer Tow. Launch Edition also featured a 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine and choice of a six-speed manual transmission or the optional eight-speed automatic transmission.

Gladiator Launch Edition is limited to 4,190 units in the United States. All Launch Edition orders were sold out in one day. Launch Edition models will begin shipping to dealers this week, according to our sources.

Brandon W. Snyder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be: Gladiator Launch Edition, Rubicon Recon, 02 Wrangler
Occupation
Law Enforcement (Deputy) Veteran
^^^^

As for the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, Launch Edition also featured a 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine and choice of a six-speed manual transmission or the optional eight-speed automatic transmission.
:facepalm::CWL::CWL::giggle: Choice of 6 speed! That’s definitely wrong! If that were the case, myself and probably half of the buyers of the LE would’ve chose the 6spd! I wonder if the auto was only available because of the higher cost?!

Sponsored

HebertJeep

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JLU Hard Rock Rubi
As I sit in D status for over 45 days, I cannot help but wonder if Jeep (or its dealer network) is actually wanting some of these direct to buyer LE orders to cancel. I have seen dealer markups on Rubicons as high as $10k over MSRP and while the savvy members of this forum would never pay that, there are people out there who will. When I ordered my LE, the dealer really had no clue what I was buying, but thanks to the help of this forum, I was able to walk them through the ordering process and got it for affiliate pricing. Others simply paid MSRP for their LE. My dealer now is aware of what all other dealers are doing for Gladiator markups. This makes me think that as dealers got more up to speed, did they lobby FCA to delay in hopes people would cancel. This would leave a "special edition" Gladiator in the dealer's inventory to mark up who knows how much!

Don't know if the theory holds water, but its a thought. If @JeepCares is listening, I'm not cancelling, so please get mine built!

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
Sounds like things are getting close!!!!!!! But....Heres how its going to go down. There is no way these are just showing up at a dealer and youre getting a call. This car was the most talked about SUV this year in the media and has dominated conversation. My take is the first one of these things is going to be given to the video contest winner and its going to be a full press event. After that theyll start shippjng them out. I may be wrong but for them to miss out on this "launch vehicle" would be a huge marketing miss.
Never overestimate the FCA. Lots of missed opportunities and bone headed blunders.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
As I sit in D status for over 45 days, I cannot help but wonder if Jeep (or its dealer network) is actually wanting some of these direct to buyer LE orders to cancel. I have seen dealer markups on Rubicons as high as $10k over MSRP and while the savvy members of this forum would never pay that, there are people out there who will. When I ordered my LE, the dealer really had no clue what I was buying, but thanks to the help of this forum, I was able to walk them through the ordering process and got it for affiliate pricing. Others simply paid MSRP for their LE. My dealer now is aware of what all other dealers are doing for Gladiator markups. This makes me think that as dealers got more up to speed, did they lobby FCA to delay in hopes people would cancel. This would leave a "special edition" Gladiator in the dealer's inventory to mark up who knows how much!

Don't know if the theory holds water, but its a thought. If @JeepCares is listening, I'm not cancelling, so please get mine built!
As of Friday you could still order a "sold out" LE:

I had a few people contact me over the last few days asking to order a Launch Edition saying that you could still order them, I had my doubts and thought that was just a rumor..

I was wrong, got to the store today with a notice saying they are open for sold orders.

If you want another shot at an LE, call/email me

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

Sponsored

pparks72

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2016 Outback
Occupation
Retired
On 4-29-19 I received this text:

Congratulations, this is your first of many updates on your new 2020 Gladiator. We are at status D right now, which is the assignment of the vin.
VIN# XXXX & Vehicle Order# XXXX
Next status is shipment date assigned at D1. Then we can track when it will more accurately arrive.

No further updates available as of 5-21-19

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
On 4-29-19 I received this text:

Congratulations, this is your first of many updates on your new 2020 Gladiator. We are at status D right now, which is the assignment of the vin.
VIN# XXXX & Vehicle Order# XXXX
Next status is shipment date assigned at D1. Then we can track when it will more accurately arrive.

No further updates available as of 5-21-19
Text updates would be nice. I have not seen any.