First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
It's not "cracked". It's manufactured that way with a pressed-in nutsert. It's a really stupid design. Your modification should fix the problem. My Jeep removed one of mine on its own...
Wow, that's interesting news - and yeah really bad design choice. Hopefully this holds out for the foreseeable future. I don't think my links are too short as I've seen stated on other threads.
Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
It's not "cracked". It's manufactured that way with a pressed-in nutsert. It's a really stupid design. Your modification should fix the problem. My Jeep removed one of mine on its own...
Probably an ease of assembly situation. For the average owner it is probably fine, but when you start torqueing on them off road they loosen up. I going to look at these when my lift install comes around in the next couple weeks. I think the welded washer idea looks like a solid one. :like:

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Probably an ease of assembly situation. For the average owner it is probably fine, but when you start torqueing on them off road they loosen up. I going to look at these when my lift install comes around in the next couple weeks. I think the welded washer idea looks like a solid one. :like:
And reinforcement overall. I put a plate in front and back, and sandwiched the original one without the original nut.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
And reinforcement overall. I put a plate in front and back, and sandwiched the original one without the original nut.
Hell yah. Actually having a rear sway bar is a new thing for me ( my XJ had a completely useless rear sway bar that was the first mod anyone ever did) but I can see how it is a good thing and I will keep it for now since it is actually useful on this rig(so they say). I'm tempted to unhook it and drive around and see if it is actually true. Maybe it is completely useless?? Tell me otherwise haha that should get a rise! :rock:

Last edited:

LzyHkr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
4000 miles on JTR. Built 10/20.
Noticed rear passenger axle leak yesterday while installing Artec skids. Little upset that I'm running into an issue after a few months of ownership. Came on here to sew if there were others and found this thread. Amazing. I'll be calling dealer tomorrow.

I have read through thread and it appears those being denied have regeared. I didn't see any comments from folks running larger tires getting denied. Anyone running larger tires have a dealer give them an issue over axle leak and warranty?

Sponsored

Rubsal70

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Law enforcement
I guess I am late in the game. I have a 2021 Willy's Gladiator with 4300 miles and have had it only for two months. Well, I was rotating the tires and I saw some sort of oil on the inside rims and tires. Well, guess what I guess I also have a rear axle seal leak. It's so upsetting because there is a national shortage and they told me it's 2-3 weeks of wait if anything. They have the Jeep and they said they will provide a rental, but I want my jeep back not a rental lol. This sucks. The Built date was 3-21

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
4000 miles on JTR. Built 10/20.
Noticed rear passenger axle leak yesterday while installing Artec skids. Little upset that I'm running into an issue after a few months of ownership. Came on here to sew if there were others and found this thread. Amazing. I'll be calling dealer tomorrow.

I have read through thread and it appears those being denied have regeared. I didn't see any comments from folks running larger tires getting denied. Anyone running larger tires have a dealer give them an issue over axle leak and warranty?
What is your MDH#? It's on a sticker on driver door b pillar. Earliest in thread with leak is 10-12-2020.

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
I guess I am late in the game. I have a 2021 Willy's Gladiator with 4300 miles and have had it only for two months. Well, I was rotating the tires and I saw some sort of oil on the inside rims and tires. Well, guess what I guess I also have a rear axle seal leak. It's so upsetting because there is a national shortage and they told me it's 2-3 weeks of wait if anything. They have the Jeep and they said they will provide a rental, but I want my jeep back not a rental lol. This sucks. The Built date was 3-21
This may be the first Willys on the thread, as far as I knew this was only the wider axles having this issue (rubi/mojave/max tow). Its a bummer they kept your JT. They looked at mine for a few minutes and gave it back after figuring out what to order. I'm still waiting for the call after they get the axle.

Sponsored

Rubsal70

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law enforcement
This may be the first Willys on the thread, as far as I knew this was only the wider axles having this issue (rubi/mojave/max tow). Its a bummer they kept your JT. They looked at mine for a few minutes and gave it back after figuring out what to order. I'm still waiting for the call after they get the axle.
Im curious if there is any updates on the owners who had it fixed. I thought i read two or three owners started to leak again. Does anyone have any updates? I hope it got fixed

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Im curious if there is any updates on the owners who had it fixed. I thought i read two or three owners started to leak again. Does anyone have any updates? I hope it got fixed
I am one of the ones that had it repairded only to find it leaking again. Long story short, life has kept me busy and I have not made it back to the dealer.....but it is DEFINITELY still leaking as I have now cleaned the area multiple times (somewhat hoping it was just residual seepage from the repair when the tech did not bothr to clean the area up) and I continue to have new/fresh drips appearing. At this point I am rather frustrated and I am going to just wait awhile to take it back. I remain convinced that either the axle housing is machined wrong or that they have an entire massive batch of axle shaft assemblies with out of spec seals or something.

Last edited:

Rubsal70

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law enforcement
I am one of the ones that mentioned earlier mine was fixed under warranty but still leaking. Long story short life has been busy and I never took it back in to the dealer. However, I have re-cleaned the area several times including blasting brake cleaner up in between th

I am one of the ones that had it repairded only to find it leaking again. Long story short, life has kept me busy and I have not made it back to the dealer.....but it is DEFINITELY still leaking as I have now cleaned the area multiple times (somewhat hoping it was just residual seepage from the repair when the tech did not bothr to clean the area up) and I continue to have new/fresh drips appearing. At this point I am rather frustrated and I am going to just wait awhile to take it back. I remain convinced that either the axle housing is machined wrong or that they have an entire massive batch of axle shaft assemblies with out of spec seals or something.
Wow that's unfortunate it really is because you have to take it back. I don't understand. Well hopefully someone finds an answer. I hope mine gets fixed i was wondering about contacting Jeep cares, but I know they said its all on individual basis
Hope all works out. I will keep yall posted too

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Wow that's unfortunate it really is because you have to take it back. I don't understand. Well hopefully someone finds an answer. I hope mine gets fixed i was wondering about contacting Jeep cares, but I know they said its all on individual basis
Hope all works out. I will keep yall posted too
I was in communication with JeepCares, but they indicated they could not do anything to assist/escalate until i went back to the dealer and had another appointment scheduled. I was hoping they could sort of "take the lead" and "go above and beyond" to help since I am still having an issue, but I guess they can't.

Rubsal70

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law enforcement
I was in communication with JeepCares, but they indicated they could not do anything to assist/escalate until i went back to the dealer and had another appointment scheduled. I was hoping they could sort of "take the lead" and "go above and beyond" to help since I am still having an issue, but I guess they can't.
oh ok i see.
how do you contact jeep cares so I can contact them?
Thanks
Sponsored