First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Firefighter
Glad I saw this thread too. Right rear seal is leaking on mine for several months. Small leak. It was leaking before I re geared. I really should have sent it in before the build. I was lucky that my local dealer is honoring the warranty after I lifted it and re-geared though. Never said a word about it. I appreciate service like that. Back ordered part so I'm still driving it until it comes in. I wonder at what point will this issue become a full recall?
Sponsored

Last edited:

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I waited over 3 weeks for my appointment for the dealership to look at the leaking axle. I showed up today for my appointment and they said they’ll let me know Monday or Tuesday. I’m not really sure what was the point of the appointment if they’re not even able to look at it for 48-72 hours.

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
Checked with my dealer and supposedly the parts will be there next week, which would be approximately 1 month from when they were ordered. If indeed this happens I will view it as a win considering the supply chain nightmare we are all experiencing.

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Add mine in - Rear Passenger leaking as well.
I am at 8300 miles. Manufactured Feb 2021

Dealer appointment booked 1.5 weeks out.

Last edited:

Jeep_willysJT

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Data Analyst
Rear Axle Leak. Pretty bad one
4/21 6500 miles

Sponsored

GotGladiator

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator MaxTow
I waited over 3 weeks for my appointment for the dealership to look at the leaking axle. I showed up today for my appointment and they said they’ll let me know Monday or Tuesday. I’m not really sure what was the point of the appointment if they’re not even able to look at it for 48-72 hours.
I was told a week and a half just to diagnose once I bring it in a month from now. I just hope this gets fixed quickly with a fast turn around. I don't have another tow vehicle. I hope others get better luck with appts....

Jeep_willysJT

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyst
Any luck getting a rental from the dealership?

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
My dealer arranged a rental from Enterprise when I took it in for diagnosis and again when I took it in for repair after they got the axle in.

Rusty Shackleford

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler, Saab 9-3
Occupation
USAF
We have 2 Jeep dealers in town. The first one that I called and explained the problem to wouldn’t commit to a rental. The other dealership did and I had a rental for about 6 weeks waiting for the back ordered part. I’m not sure why one dealer would and the other one wouldn’t give me a rental for a warranty repair.

Jeep_willysJT

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Data Analyst
Towed off to the dealership today. Probably won't hear about a rental or estimated repair time till early next week. This sucks but it's shown me how much I love driving my Gladiator.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Towed off to the dealership today. Probably won't hear about a rental or estimated repair time till early next week. This sucks but it's shown me how much I love driving my Gladiator.
Odd how dealers treat loaners/rentals so different.

I asked about a loaner when I dropped my Gladiator off, otherwise I was going to be stuck there all day. The service writer called Enterprise while I was there and someone from Enterprise picked me up.

They (the dealer service dept.) added the rental to the repair invoice, I assume to be covered by Jeep as part of the warranty repair.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
The rental is covered by Jeep. My dealer took me to enterprise and I handed them a PO slip. Dealer had called ahead of time.
My dealer requires that the rental vehicle be a dodge/Jeep/ram product.

GotGladiator

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator MaxTow
The rental is covered by Jeep. My dealer took me to enterprise and I handed them a PO slip. Dealer had called ahead of time.
My dealer requires that the rental vehicle be a dodge/Jeep/ram product.
Did they give you a Challenger SRT Hellcat? Wishful thinking.
Seriously, what's the budget for the rental car?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
We have 2 Jeep dealers in town. The first one that I called and explained the problem to wouldn’t commit to a rental. The other dealership did and I had a rental for about 6 weeks waiting for the back ordered part. I’m not sure why one dealer would and the other one wouldn’t give me a rental for a warranty repair.
The factory basic warranties for both bumper to bumper and powertrain have no language that guarantees a right to a loaner. The difference between the dealerships is that the second dealership is willing to either out of their pocket cover the rental and/or is willing to submit to Jeep/Stellantis corporate to goodwill cover a rental. The first dealer you dealt with did not want to be bothered with either.

The subject of rentals/loaners comes up quite often and regardless of what people think, there is no right to one. Only exceptions are a same day only coverage for the Jeep Wave program or if a factory MOPAR extended service contract is bought with language to cover a rental/loaner and that is only if you are past the basic factory warranties.
Sponsored