Lets talk about bed covers

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Did some searching on the site and not really finding anything or much of anything. Since they have been out for a couple model years now, maybe more info is out there now .What bed cover are you running and how is it holding up? I am looking into them and have seen a few from factory, best top, rugged ridge and some of the off brands. But would like to hear from others that have installed them and how are they holding up?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Yes, forgot Diamond back. They are very nice, you do pay for quality though. Have you run into many times of needing it off to haul anything?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Mopar soft tri-fold that works quite well. I plan on replacing it with a RSI SmartCap in a couple months.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Yes, forgot Diamond back. They are very nice, you do pay for quality though. Have you run into many times of needing it off to haul anything?
I also have a Diamondback HD cover. I have the center section marked so I can uninstall or install in about 15 minutes by myself. The front and back sections are very easy to remove/install quickly by one person. The back section can fold all the way forward if you just need to haul something in the back of the bed that is too tall.

The Diamondback Company has top notch communication and customer service.

Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for one too with the sunbrella fabric to match the premium soft top. I know Mopar does, but pricey. Bestop does too, but other members have said they wouldn't do that one again.

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Yes had one on my Chevy Truck and it does get in the away at times. But a great cover for sure but expensive At nearly 2k.

Shadco

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Punk'n. 2018 Camaro SS, Nighfall
Occupation
Operations
Not really, the back section folds over flat toward the cab for smaller items and removal is only a matter of 4 clamps. Diamondback claims it will hold 1700 lbs. Great flat deck, have hauled several sheets of plywood, took a dresser out to the daughter and brought sidesteps home from the freight warehouse tied on the top of it. Finding it handier then the bed thus far.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
i had the SE on my old truck and just threw two small sofas on it when moving it. used the tie-downs, it did perfect. taking it on and off was kind of a PITA (the HD will be more so though it didn't come off much) but i can't think of any other cover that is safer and/or stronger. i am rocking the generic rollup on amazon until i find $2k somewhere for the HD smooth (although the logo seems to be glaring now without the diamond plating)

i do worry about the length of the clamps as reported by other owners...

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
im using this. It was only $180 and it works great. At somepoint I'll add in some kind of overlanding rack/RTT set up for trips, but 9/10 days when I just need my little blue truck to be my little blue truck, this is what stays on it. Seals up great, fits great, mounting was easy, and it wasn't absurdly over priced. I can't fathom spending 600-1000$ on a tonneau cover, personally.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08DLRH7G9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Bestop does too, but other members have said they wouldn't do that one again.
I've got the Bestop EZ Roll with the upgraded material and after a few months of use, I would buy it all over again without hesitation. It's perfect for me and it looks high end.

Maybe it's like other products and it's just a personal preference thing. I don't like tri fold covers at all because I like to have easy full access to my bed without having to completely remove it. I also don't need or want a hard cover. I do like the high end canvassy material that they use on their higher option. I also like that it rises up and doesn't sit down flush because it gives about an inch or two extra height under there.

Your needs and wants may be totally opposite.

As they say, your mileage may vary.

Gatorac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow, Mazda Miata, Audi SQ5
Occupation
Motor-sports Event Manager
I went with the Tyger roll up for the Colorado. I've used trifolds in the past on my full size trucks with excellent results. Since the Gladiator bed is so small, I figured I may need all of the bed open more often. A roll up gives me that flexibility without having to completely remove it. The bed stays dry with this cover. I'm pleased with it's performance so far.

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I have the Gator EFX hard cover. Does a great job of keeping things dry.
Jeep Gladiator Lets talk about bed covers 20200829_185119

coachump4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Has anyone used the rough country low profile hard cover? Also do you have to drill holes for the drain tube?
Sponsored