Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Funny how Jeep always punts the ball. "We recommend you see your dealer." But then when a dealer is being a jack*** to a customer the line they get from Jeep is, "Sorry, dealers are independently owned and we have no say in the matter." Sigh...

Anyway, E-15 isn't going to really cause starting issues. I had issues with E-85 in sub-freezing weather. But E-15 isn't concentrated enough to cause that. The engine will run smoother, and it will make a little more power. But it will also reduce MPG. E-85 reduces MPG by 2-3, so E-15 might sacrifice a negligible amount.
Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

This thread got me thinking about Colorado. I’ve always used 85 in any car required to use regular gasoline. 🤔 Maybe ill test it out over a few tanks.
In most every newer vehicle I’ve owned I use 85 Octane, most dealerships use 85 Octane. I don’t think it makes much difference only costs more. In some cases you pay for the higher octane & your still getting 85. I may have used e15 before at shell but not sure, the older blend was e10.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
In most every newer vehicle I’ve owned I use 85 Octane, most dealerships use 85 Octane. I don’t think it makes much difference only costs more. In some cases you pay for the higher octane & your still getting 85. I may have used e15 before at shell but not sure, the older blend was e10.
Ive seen some stuff about GM saying they don’t advocate 85 in their cars and it was a carburetor thing originally.

Zswickliffe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon
To be clear, EXX ratings are UP TO.

So often if you measure the ethanol content it won't be close to the rated "up to" amount.

And the higher the ethanol content, the lower the fuel efficiency. It often doesn't scale 1:1 and costs more. E85 is generally 30% less efficient but costs 20% less, for example (numbers from back when I had a flex fuel vehicle).

So generally just stick with E10 (or lower if you're lucky)

Sponsored

jeepstertim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, Audi SQ5, Audi A3, Smart Roadster Brabus,
Build Thread
Link
Quick question ref fuel. I live in Qatar/ UK and our fuel is generally 91, 95 or 99 RON. Someone has mentioned that UK 91 RON is effectively 87 US.....

What is the difference and why?

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2021 BMW M2, 2012 Monster 1100evo
Occupation
Business Intelligence
Based on the manual and the thing about 2001 cars and newer the Gladiator is fine with e15.

Also where I come from (the mustang forum) we love that sweet sweet corn juice. A tune for e85 on the mustangs 5.0 would do some truly magical things for power. Of course you were getting like half the fuel economy but that don't matter when you jump 70 hp!

I would not sweat e15 vs e10, either of those are fine. But don't run e85 without a proper tune.
Because 85>15, and don't run more than 15

One last edit, 85 octane is not e85. Just in case anyone was unsure.
Sponsored

Last edited: