Sponsored

Let's talk fuel

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
PS E-15 will have better knock resistance than e-o.

corn burns cool!
Turn my hat sideways and let’s crank the booooost! ;)

PSS I can poke fun at the import tuning stereotype since I had two wrx’s. :)
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Perhaps my reading comprehension is lacking since I went to public school….buuuutttt…..

it says to not use fuel GREATER than 15%.

correct me if I’m wrong, but this implies you CAN use E-15.

@JeepCares

#publicschoolfailedme
#hookedonphonics
#jeepcarescantread
If you have questions beyond what is laid out in the Owner's Manual, we suggest visiting your dealer. Thanks.

Kate
Jeep Cares

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
If you have questions beyond what is laid out in the Owner's Manual, we suggest visiting your dealer. Thanks.

Kate
Jeep Cares
^^^^Example of Jeep’s incapability to admit/own up to a mistake.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
^^^^Example of Jeep’s incapability to admit/own up to a mistake.
JeepCares teams on the various FCA/Stellantis brand boards to include this one just follow a script with narrow swim lanes to stay in. They are never going to publicly take a position or provide information other than to try and facilitate resolution between the customer and the servicing dealership.

People need to stop thinking they are going to drill down on the hard issues and provide anything useful beyond tertiary low level function.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant

Kate
Jeep Cares
Yes, go to your dealer and ask Joe Bob if he thinks you should use e15 fuel. Please post results here as I'm waiting with bated breath.

You might just as well ask your dentist.

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
JeepCares teams on the various FCA/Stellantis brand boards to include this one just follow a script with narrow swim lanes to stay in. They are never going to publicly take a position or provide information other than to try and facilitate resolution between the customer and the servicing dealership.

People need to stop thinking they are going to drill down on the hard issues and provide anything useful beyond tertiary low level function.
Yeah, but they specifically quoted the
Manual and took a position; erroneously so. They won’t even walk it back.

I totally agree with you. They are a mythical mouth piece that doesn’t really do anything. Smoke and mirrors.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
The math is pretty simple and is the same math I used in the early 70's to convince my father to pay a nickel more for unleaded instead of gutting the catalytic converters so he could run regular gas. The average driver drives 15,000 per year. The stock Jeep obtains 19 MPG (YMMV). Using these numbers, you will purchase about 790 gallons of fuel annually. At a $0.05 savings per gallon, you save a whopping $39.50 annually and risk grenading your motor.

Just say no.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
It's not mentioned most places but unless it's specified that it's pure gas, it has ethanol in it, usually up to about 10%-15%. I think our regulations in IN say they don't have to advertise it, that's just kind of how it is. Pure gas is more expensive and very hard to find here. You can thank BS subsidies for farmers and the "green" movement for this. Even though it's energy intensive and produces more waste/pollutants for its energy than gasoline lol.

Chestnut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX, 2017 Forester XT, 2021 JTO
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I run 89 with 10% ethanol and i feel that the engine runs smoother. I"m not sure if there is validity there or not. I could swear i heard a knock or 2 with 87 which disappears with 89. That said there was zero significant fuel mileage impact. Over 4,000 miles my average mileage was 21 mpg with a deviation of 1 mpg per tank ( highest was 22 lowest was 20). This was driving ~62-74 though PA, NY, ME, VT & NE.

I've put 78k miles on my WRX and have run Ethanol free premium through many tanks and E-10 through many tanks and there isn't a significant difference in MPG. How you drive and the conditions you drive in will have a much more significant impact.

OP
OP
arosen1997

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
I had a flex fuel Suburban and gas prices went sky high almost $5 per gallon back then. I started filling up with E-85 but since ethanol has a lower energy content it ended up being more expensive overall, you have to fill up more often it doesn't take you as far etc. The hoses etc. on that vehicle were specifically designed for e-85 use, I wouldn't chance using it in a vehicle that hasn't been converted or designed to use it.

I just found this tidbit using google search regarding e15

E15 has been certified for use in any gasoline-powered car with a U.S.-certified emissions system from 2001 or newer, whether it’s flex fuel or not. To be clear, 90 percent of all vehicles on the road today fall into this 2001-and-up category, so chances are that’s your vehicle. Many people have used it in older cars too, but use in 2001 and newer has been tested and approved by the Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Energy. Older models were not tested due to variability and age.

Source: https://vitalbypoet.com/stories/what-you-need-to-know-about-using-e15
One helluva necro my friend
50k truck and your trying to save 1$ per tank of gas ?

If you fill up once a week, that's $50 per year.

Seems a bit futile.
Nah my dude, you're looking at it all wrong. I get 5 free trips to Taco bell over the course of the year by saving 5c a gallon.

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Perhaps my reading comprehension is lacking since I went to public school….buuuutttt…..

@JeepCares

#publicschoolfailedme
#hookedonphonics
#jeepcarescantread
Ok, so I am not the only one confused.

Montana_Wildcat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ram Power Wagon
Occupation
#BBN #RaiderNation

@JeepCares

#publicschoolfailedme
#hookedonphonics
#jeepcarescantread
This is the way I understood it. E-15 (15%) is the GREATEST percentage of ethanol it can handle.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
This thread got me thinking about Colorado. I’ve always used 85 in any car required to use regular gasoline. 🤔 Maybe ill test it out over a few tanks.
Sponsored