Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Where did you buy your kit? Which one was it? Thanks zac....love your setup
Ordered it from Suspension Connection. With the 4th of July discount, it was $298 shipped. It’s not what I ultimately plan to wind up with on the Gladiator, but couldn’t pass that deal up as a starter.
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Does Daystar offer both the 2 inch front and .75 rear in the same kit? Does it make it sit level or close? Asking because I'd want close to level or a tiny bit of rake ....thank you and great videos btw
No I had to get the part #s off the Daystar website and then order it all separately. My truck sits almost perfectly level now. I will be adding a winch in the near future so I'll end up with a small amount of rake which is good for hauling and towing.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Ordered it from Suspension Connection. With the 4th of July discount, it was $298 shipped. It’s not what I ultimately plan to wind up with on the Gladiator, but couldn’t pass that deal up as a starter.
I need a deal like that...I found one up there now for 330$ which is still pretty good....but it says 2inches front and 2 rear....which seems like the wrong one...do you have a part number by chance?

No I had to get the part #s off the Daystar website and then order it all separately. My truck sits almost perfectly level now. I will be adding a winch in the near future so I'll end up with a small amount of rake which is good for hauling and towing.
Would you happen to have the 2 individual part numbers? Thank you!

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I need a deal like that...I found one up there now for 330$ which is still pretty good....but it says 2inches front and 2 rear....which seems like the wrong one...do you have a part number by chance?

Really Greg? You haven't made a decision yet? You've got your tires now don't you? I keep thinking I'm gonna see pics posted of your bad a$$ lifted JT. The suspense is killing me, lol!

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

The 2.0" front is part # KJ09176KV and please note that it's only 2.0" if you reuse the factory isolator along with the Daystar spacer. If you remove the factory isolator then the lift becomes 1.5" over stock.

The 0.75" rear is part # KJ09192BK and this spacer goes on the bottom of the coils. The upper isolator remains in place.

No other parts are required. This pretty much perfectly leveled my truck and the ride is still great. However, I did choose to make my own front bumpstop extensions out of PVC electrical conduit end caps that are 2" tall. I may remove those when the winch goes on because they won't be needed at that point.

Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really Greg? You haven't made a decision yet? You've got your tires now don't you? I keep thinking I'm gonna see pics posted of your bad a$$ lifted JT. The suspense is killing me, lol!
Haha I know buddy....well this last week with the "storm" situation was more focused on getting everyone ready around here....also I'm new to trucks and Jeep's so I'm learning as much as I can...part of the fun for me is the learning

The 2.0" front is part # KJ09176KV and please note that it's only 2.0" if you reuse the factory isolator along with the Daystar spacer. If you remove the factory isolator then the lift becomes 1.5" over stock.

The 0.75" rear is part # KJ09192BK and this spacer goes on the bottom of the coils. The upper isolator remains in place.

No other parts are required. This pretty much perfectly leveled my truck and the ride is still great. However, I did choose to make my own front bumpstop extensions out of PVC electrical conduit end caps that are 2" tall. I may remove those when the winch goes on because they won't be needed at that point.
Thank you so much for those part numbers! Does daystar offer those bumpstops at all? What effect does the bump stops have on the ride or stance? just wanting to limit shock travel?

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Haha I know buddy....well this last week with the "storm" situation was more focused on getting everyone ready around here....also I'm new to trucks and Jeep's so I'm learning as much as I can...part of the fun for me is the learning

Thank you so much for those part numbers! Does daystar offer those bumpstops at all? What effect does the bump stops have on the ride or stance? just wanting to limit shock travel?
Yes the bump stops just maintain the factory amount of down-travel in the coil springs to prevent damage to the springs. Technically you don't really need them until you exceed 2" lift but I chose to throw some on just to be safe.

Most kits are kind of expensive, which is why I made my own with $5 worth of hardware store items.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

Just order the complete 2” kit already. The front spacers in the full kit lift it a full 2” (spacers is actually 2.5, and the factory .5 is removed). I believe the .75” rear spacer would keep things level on a Sport/Overland, while the 1.5” keeps a Rubicon level. If you get the 1.5 with yours but need .75, I’ll swap the extra .75s I have with you for you paying shipping.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You got a deal I'll order tomorrow and keep you posted

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok sorry I know I know....but one more question i know its just a simple spacer lift but I have heard the brackets up front do not line up at all and you have to drill them out. Making it a very difficult to install....is that your guys experience?

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Ok sorry I know I know....but one more question i know its just a simple spacer lift but I have heard the brackets up front do not line up at all and you have to drill them out. Making it a very difficult to install....is that your guys experience?
One hole on the bottom of one of my front shock brackets didn’t line up and I had to drill a new one. The rear shock brackets, if you use them and the 1.5” lift spacer, have to have an additional hole drilled all the way through to mount the brackets.

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
One hole on the bottom of one of my front shock brackets didn’t line up and I had to drill a new one. The rear shock brackets, if you use them and the 1.5” lift spacer, have to have an additional hole drilled all the way through to mount the brackets.
What Renegade said. Front brackets on mine were the same but able to mount. Drilled hole to install rear bracket. If you don't have one will need a long bit as it is best to go one direction when drilling the rear.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I don't know what y'all mean by "brackets" but I've installed the Rough Country spacer kits and the Daystar kits and neither required any drilling whatsoever. It was all direct bolt-on.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I don't know what y'all mean by "brackets" but I've installed the Rough Country spacer kits and the Daystar kits and neither required any drilling whatsoever. It was all direct bolt-on.
The Daystar 1.5” rear shock extension brackets require new holes to be drilled in the factory brackets in order for the new brackets to not pivot. I don’t believe the Rough Country kit relocates the rear shocks. I know you pieced yours together, but it didn’t wind up with as much as the complete kit provides. This kit didn’t originally come with the rear brackets, but it was updated after initial release and now does. I even had to get them to email me the revised instructions.

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
are you going to put the wheels/tires on first to see if they rub, then do the leveling kit? I know myself and others on the 35" tires on stock height sport S thread would like to see/know. Thanks.
I have a Sport S Max tow...….I plan on (this weekend hopefully) installing a low mileage Rubicon "take off" suspension, using the front springs and a 3/4" daystar spacer, and leaving the rear springs on because the rear Max tow springs are probably the best you can get as they are progressive rate. 35" Dick Cepek EXP's are next.…..as soon as I find a wheel I like !
Sponsored