Lifted gladiator alignment

DustyGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Gladiator Mojave, 22' Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Network systems engineer
I installed a 4" readylift lift on my Gladiator Mojave this weekend. Today I had it aligned and I have some questions. The tech said that my Caster should be between 4 and 5.5 degrees. I believe he was using stock numbers (I know he was). My actual number is 6 degrees which I believe is perfect for a 4" lifted gladiator. The readylift Mojave kit I installed came with new control arms specifically to get the castor to 6 degrees. Can anyone confirm the optimal caster angle of a lifted Mojave? I've heard 6-7 degrees is what I should be shooting for.

Jeep Gladiator Lifted gladiator alignment 20211103_142810
Sponsored

JT4000

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Retired
Hi there, my Rubicon Diesel is in the alignment shop as I write this, It has a 4.5 front and 3.5 rear Clayton lift kit with all arms done. We are shooting for a 7 degree caster angle. 5-7 will make your truck work well. Enjoy.

amnpitre

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Welding inspector
I am getting the same lift kit next week put on my mojave. Do the shock extensions seem sturdy? Comfortable to do some decent rock crawling with? That was the only thing I am have been thinking about since I have ordered the kit.

BumbleBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Mech Engineer
In my experience with Wranglers, any recommendations for caster was purely for pinion angle. The stock caster number is usually the best the steering with ever be. Sometime you will fine a Jeep that likes something different, but for the most part, factory is where the steering wheel is the happiest, but the driveshaft is not. You must fine a degree where both work well. All of the vehicles that I have worked on for this issue have been Wranglers, so the Gladiator my be slightly different.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
6 degrees should be good, it will have less wander and bump steer than 4-5 degrees, the range of stock caster JTs varies as different models have different spring heights but all use the same control arms, a Sport may have 5.5 degrees stock and a Mojave 4 degrees.
Are the control arms adjustable? if not there is nothing you can do about it without changing them.
Sponsored