First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
@GypsyJ what kind of RTT? What are you looking for in a rack? With prices being so close right now, I would definitely opt for aluminum for the roughly 100 lb savings.

And yes, we are all juvenile.

p.s. 5°F 'down Maine', isn't that summer weather?
Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Um, Just ask the person you bought it from? Wouldn't you want to know this before you bought a truck? Just seems silly to me..
I understand some people dont get in depth with things, but it really surprises me those that have no knowledge whatsoever of the things they pay that much money for. It kills me that I can walk into a dealership a lot of times and know a TON more than the person selling they thing they are supposed to be a professional on.

I understand everyone has to start somewhere though.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I understand some people dont get in depth with things, but it really surprises me those that have no knowledge whatsoever of the things they pay that much money for. It kills me that I can walk into a dealership a lot of times and know a TON more than the person selling they thing they are supposed to be a professional on.

I understand everyone has to start somewhere though.
I don't care for the sales tactics or other things about the Jeep dealership I bought my JT through - however, one thing stood out - the sales guy knew as much if not more than I did, and knew details. He could tell me the specs on the bed, towing capacities, exactly how aux switches worked, where the wiring was, how to use them (wish I had bought them), and more. He knew the uconnect system inside and out, all of the settings available, he never fumbled on any question, not a one and he was correct in his answers, not just tossing BS.
He even knew the slot between cup holders was for the fob and every little control in the truck.
They are still the "I have to go check with my manager" type and the sticker price IS the price type but I got around some of that, too, in the end.
Others I shopped at couldn't tell me anything, every question no matter what they had to ask someone or had no idea. IF you are selling a truck you should know the bed size without going to get a tape measure (at least IMO)
Granted, I've been a mechanic for years, and I've been tasked a number of times with looking over used vehicles for others, pointing out past repairs or damage that was hidden and such, but still - they should know the FEATURES and specs of what they sell.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
@GypsyJ what kind of RTT? What are you looking for in a rack? With prices being so close right now, I would definitely opt for aluminum for the roughly 100 lb savings.
My steel JCR rack weighs <90lbs.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
My steel JCR rack weighs <90lbs.
That is light for a steel rack! Decent weight ratings too.
My MaxModular aluminum rack is ~52 lbs. for full height.
Sponsored

Last edited: